BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would Ben Marshall want to be here any longer?

The club have treated him with contempt as they have everyone else involved with the club by not discussing a new contract when he made it clear he was keen to stay.

The manager has lied through his teeth repeatedly that an offer was on the table that represented a pay rise for Marshall when we all know that simply won't have been sanctioned by Venkys. If they did get round to offering him a new deal it was far too late and probably a derisory effort that they knew he wouldn't accept.

The club have been playing games since November by allowing uncertainty and speculation to develop in an attempt to encourage a rival to come in and bid for one of our more able players mid-season to save some more money with no intention whatsoever of bringing in an adequate replacement.

Marshall has sat and watched over the last 2 years as all sorts of agendas have been acted on whilst Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes, King, Hanley, Olsson, Duffy have been cashed in on with nothing coming back the other way.

He can see a sinking ship like the rest of us can. Difference is he has the luxury of being able to walk away from it all with a healthy bank balance and go somewhere else, whereas most of us can't do that. He probably doesnt fancy another 6 months of listening to Coyle's inane drivel whilst he sets the team up to concede 3 against mediocre opposition every week and leads the club into the 3rd division. To be honest I don't fancy that either, but fully expect that is what is going to happen, and I don't have the benefit of being able to transfer.

There was something no good going on when Cairney was shoved out the door and since then it's been the same thing every time. One of our better players suddenly wanting to leave, supposedly getting too big for his boots or thinking the grass is greener, people clinging to the hope that we will be better off without such characters and can do without the bad eggs, yet these are the players who had us in play-off contention a couple of seasons ago. Without them we're heading into the 3rd tier and they will be in the Championship and Premiership, so its obvious who's coming out of these transactions worse off.

As ever the players will do what is best for themselves, and I can't imagine a single reason why any player with ambition or ability would want to commit to this club in its current state.

As ever Blackburn Rovers will come out of the transfer window worse off. We've now lost Byrne, Emnes, Wharton and soon Marshall with no sign at all of any incomings. Do they even want to survive this season?

Has been a while since so much gossip and rumour flying around about Rovers.

Appointment of Paul Senior always seemed a strange one to me. I would also suggest, surprising and annoying to Coyle !

Sullivan gone, Wharton gone, Emnes back in Wales, Marshall perhaps nearly gone......who's next, Lowe, Gallagher, Graham - would be surprised if more than one of those three still here when the window closes.

Has been a while since so much gossip and rumour flying around about Rovers.

Appointment of Paul Senior always seemed a strange one to me. I would also suggest, surprising and annoying to Coyle !

Sullivan gone, Wharton gone, Emnes back in Wales, Marshall perhaps nearly gone......who's next, Lowe, Gallagher, Graham - would be surprised if more than one of those three still here when the window closes.

If Lowe is in his last 6 months of contract then it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he went. The surprise will be if he stays. As a leftover from the Prem days, as club captain. and depending on when he signed his last contract, he could be on very good money indeed. I'd not inconceivable that he's the highest paid player at the club. He won't get another contract here like his Prem one, and the club can't afford to give him one. There's every chance those reports in the papers about Lowe moving to WBA etc have come from his agent trying to force someone's hand/drum up interest.

It would be no surprise if Gally went. Soton probably inserted a recall option when they allowed him to come here.

I doubt Graham will leave unless we get a big offer/he has a release clause/ buy out clause/he demands a move and goes on strike. But then again it would be no surprise if he left. It would be no surprise if any one at the club left.

The surprise comes when players stay.

"If we don't get anyone in, we will still be fine."

Owen Coyle in today's rag. Incredible.

That's a desperate article. The owners still aren't communicating. What's hard about "can we sign players this month"? Has this January transfer window crept up unnoticed?

He certainly does love to talk absolute drivel but that is up there with his best! We are struggling massively on the pitch, already in the relegation zone and have lost one of our regular players to his parent club and also one of our ever present players has "issues" and to my mind will probably never play again. So to get this straight if we don't replace those two pretty much ever presents we will do better and get out of the relegation zone??

Coyles press conferences may as well be press releases on paper because surely anybody in the presser would have felt compelled to question his thought process to that statement ... then again I doubt it!

Sounds like the penny has finally dropped with the clown that he isn't going to be allowed to add anyone to the squad, and now he's on to the stage of trying to prepare everyone for no incomings with another couple of departures likely.

Any real manager would be warning of imminent catastrophic relegation unless funds were released for some new players to strengthen, but not Owen, he's quite content to go along with the game and try to hoodwink supporters into believing that there's nothing to worry about and that the situation is even remotely acceptable.

What sort of club, that has occupied a place in the bottom 3 all season and is on course to get relegated, would use the January window as a chance to offload 4 first team squad players and sign no-one?

I bet the likes of Wigan and Burton can't believe their luck that Blackburn are just allowing the January window to pass by, not only without strengthening, but also with weakening their squad by reducing their bench options.

Coyle moans about injuries decimating his squad in the first half of the season, and yet the biggest problem area has been Centre Back, with permanently injured Tommie Hoban and Elliott Ward along with 36 year olds Gordon Greer and Wes Brown, not to mention massively injury prone Charlie Mulgrew, and yet Coyle or someone has allowed Wharton to leave despite having been needed more than once already this season due to injuries.

Haven't read the article ... I'm tired of the constant stream of BS from all quarters.

However, if the situation being relayed is accurate ... that the clubs owners have not been bothered to respond with even a yes/no answer 2/3 of the way through a critically important transfer window EVEN when a new member of staff has been appointed who's primary role is to be the conduit between the owners and team management.

Beyond ridiculous. We they deserve nothing more than relegation.

Even I dont like Coyle, I think its good for Wharton getting game time at Cambridge. The guy needs games and wont get it at Rovers. It will make Wharton better.

Might as well acclimatize him to League Two now, right?

Not only is he confirming his delusion but if they bring no one in it more or less confirms that possible relegation is being manufactured deliberately again.

That's the only conclusion that be drawn apart from the possibility that the BOI have got hold of all this last summer and running the show and turning the thumbscrews. If that was the case though you'd think they'd be actively seeking a sale as well as swinging the axe.

Just more wanton Venky destruction but yeah lets not protest in a cup game i mean it's like the biggest game ever !!!! FFS!

Archived