BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Marshall going at the 11th hour for an undisclosed fee and still waiting for permission to bring in Ba and Barnes. Who didn't see this coming 3 weeks ago?? Completely predictable. Looks like this scenario being openly discussed for weeks didn't scupper the deals as Owen had worried about.

I will however enjoy the irony of Ba being Paul Senior's first work for the club, as he proves himself to be yet another in the long line of sheep.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we enter the final weekend of the window it will soon be over and we can spend another,sorry waste another, month talking about what we knew a month ago.

Marshall will go 11th hour or later

Nobody in

nothing to see here folks

Pasha out !!

Senior out !!

have you seen him play?

I haven't. only thing I know is he is 6ft 7. that's it

Riddle me this, Chad Meister.

We have tried to sign Ba now for 5 transfer windows. Offers while made while Bowyer was here, Lambert was here and now whilst Coyle is here. During this time both Pasha and Senior have been in charge of transfers.

So that's 3 years we've been chasing him, under three different managers and 2 men with purse strings.

Why is it that at other clubs, when new regimes come in, transfer targets change. Other clubs have target 1, 2, 3 and 4. Other clubs targets are effected by different situations. Whilst at ours, no matter who is here, no matter which sections of the squad need strengthing, no matter who else we sign, we are only looking at specific players?

We have tried to sign Ba now for 5 transfer windows. Offers while made while Bowyer was here, Lambert was here and now whilst Coyle is here. During this time both Pasha and Senior have been in charge of transfers.

So that's 3 years we've been chasing him, under three different managers and 2 men with purse strings.

Why is it that at other clubs, when new regimes come in, transfer targets change. Whilst at ours, no matter who is here, we are only looking at specific players?

firstly, I didn't know that Bowyer or Lambert tried to sign him. that's could be something to do with us having the same Chief scout in Tommy Johnson.

I believe Senior role is to do the transfers but Coyle chosen the targets and its Senior job to do the Bids and contracts offers.

If you look at Danny Graham, it was someone that Bowyer wanted, then Lambert wanted him and signed on loan then Coyle signed him permanent

firstly, I didn't know that Bowyer or Lambert tried to sign him. that's could be something to do with us having the same Chief scout in Tommy Johnson.

I believe Senior role is to do the transfers but Coyle chosen the targets and its Senior job to do the Bids and contracts offers.

If you look at Danny Graham, it was someone that Bowyer wanted, then Lambert wanted him and signed on loan then Coyle signed him permanent

Lambert wanted Mulgrew as well.

OK, we will try again. If Ba wants to come here as we are lead to believe (which makes sense, better league, more money) - why won't he hand in a transfer request and ignore his loyalty bonus?

If Ba is any use (a la C Samba style), he and Hoban can command centre defence thereby freeing up Mulgrew and Lenihan to join Evans and Akpan for centre midfield choices. Personally I like Guthrie but seems OC doesn't.

Right back is a real problem. Nyambe is getting better and better game by game but we need another solid RB for choice.

I'd drop (rest) Steele and give Raya a series of games, not just the cup.

OK, we will try again. If Ba wants to come here as we are lead to believe (which makes sense, better league, more money) - why won't he hand in a transfer request and ignore his loyalty bonus?

Hasnt he told his current club that he wants to join Rovers? Didnt nicko posted this 10 days ago or so?

Hasnt he told his current club that he wants to join Rovers? Didnt nicko posted this 10 days ago or so?

He has. And if he hands in a transfer request, he would wave his loyalty bonuses and probably be allowed to leave.

But for some reason he won't hand that request in!

He has. And if he hands in a transfer request, he would wave his loyalty bonuses and probably be allowed to leave.

But for some reason he won't hand that request in!

Most players are in it for the money

Lets see if he joins.

Its a free transfer with a sell on clause in the transfer

Wish it was Ashley Barnes as he's decent.

Instead it's Giles Barnes, former league one Doncaster failure.

If he;s wanted to come home from America for a while i'm sure he'll show his appreciation to those who get him here if that proves to be the case. If Coyle did take the job on the cheap maybe part of the deal is they'll grant him a certain amount of his own players to come in. You never know what these lot have agreed in their efforts to do everything on the cheap.

Could certainly boost up a wage %%%%%%

I mention him on here

Yes you did. Along with Jackett, Robinson, Davies, Adkins, Monk, McCarthy, Rowett, Hill and every other bloody manager.

It's the same with transfer targets chaddy. You name about 300 possibles just so you can say you 'recommended' them if they happen to turn out half decent.

Why is it that at other clubs, when new regimes come in, transfer targets change. Other clubs have target 1, 2, 3 and 4. Other clubs targets are effected by different situations. Whilst at ours, no matter who is here, no matter which sections of the squad need strengthing, no matter who else we sign, we are only looking at specific players?

And why is it nobody else has snapped Ba up ?

The mooted signings of Barnes and Ba scream out non footballing reasons first and foremost yet again. With Ba it sounds like a shop window job, come in and do well he'll be gone as soon as an offer comes in if vested interest parties sniff a % from sell ons. I hope if he comes he does the job but it's a risk and right now we shouldn't be gambling signing guys who might be worth a few quid in 12 months we need a few guys for the job in hand even if they are loans.

Barnes again first and foremost it's probably doing someone a favour. Whatever anyone's opinion on signing these two i fail to see how us even in our position couldn't invest Marshalls wages better.

So the story now rolls round the Jason Lowe, love him or not captain of the club out of contract in six months and this morning we get the same old lines.

"Jason is one that I would like to keep at the club, that goes without saying.

Hes comfortable here, he likes Blackburn Rovers, hes invested in the club, and its very simple.

We want him here as a club and Im sure in time its something we can get sorted and resolved in time."

Again he gets some stick but he is 25 club captain first team regular but has not been offered a new deal, bizarre!!

With Ba it sounds like a shop window job, come in and do well he'll be gone as soon as an offer comes in if vested interest parties sniff a % from sell ons. I hope if he comes he does the job but it's a risk and right now we shouldn't be gambling signing guys who might be worth a few quid in 12 months we need a few guys for the job in hand even if they are loans.

So really the free transfer is a glorified loan, no upfront fee, rovers pay the wages but the proceeds of any sale are split. Slightly more risk as Rovers hold the registration (assuming its not a third party ownership!), but in essence the club is becoming a showroom for used players........."low mileage, three previous owners, good runner. Yours for a monkey, plus commission"

So the story now rolls round the Jason Lowe, love him or not captain of the club out of contract in six months and this morning we get the same old lines.

Hes comfortable here, he likes Blackburn Rovers, hes invested in the club, and its very simple.

We want him here as a club and Im sure in time its something we can get sorted and resolved in time."

Again he gets some stick but he is 25 club captain first team regular but has not been offered a new deal, bizarre!!

It's ok Coyley will grab a Stokes or Mulgrew and put them on a 3 year deal. No worries. :tu:

Nailed it- the only constant is SEM in the background.

I can smell the stink from thousands of miles away.

Anyway, glad I put the jinx on dingles getting Snodgrass.

I said this recently. Club captain, England u21 caps galore and PL experience, surely there would be some saleable worth with him but the suits at Ewood and lunatics in Pune are running the risk of him walking for next to nothing in six moths. I think there would be some compensation due should he leave, maybe they are banking on this.

Probably not as simple as that. Lowe will be on a lot of money, up there with the highest paid at the club. If, as is entirely plausible, he is on £20k-25k per week then there's no point offering him one for £10k which is probably what an average Championship midfielder is on. At some Championship clubs he's be offered less than that. So, if his reps had prelim discussions with the club and he said he wanted near the £20k per week again then obviously they aren't going to offer him a contract only for him to publicly turn it down.

For reference Jordan Slew was given £10k a week around the same time as Lowe was signing his last multi-year deal.

Then again, Venky's probably just can't be arsed ringing his agent.

If we can get better on a free at the end of the season and they don't want silly wages then he's no great loss.

Archived