BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arent Nyambe, Mahoney part of the first team squad atm.

Would have prefer Mahoney to have played yesterday instead tho. Thought Conway slowed our play down and didnt play high enough

Maybe Mahoney hasn't got the engine for a full 90 minutes. If that's the case giving him the last 20 or 25 minutes against tiring defenders makes sense to me.

I've not seen much of the lad but Parson compared him to Brian Hill. He always looked tired after about 20 minutes.

• Backroom

From Nixon

Abdoul Ba. Now in talks with both Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers. Big centre half. Cheap deal.

Wolves. Messing around with Ben Marshall. And interested in Grant Hanley on loan.

Fair to say big head's move hasn't quite worked out the way he envisaged. If Newcastle get promoted he'll be offloaded sharpish as he is nowhere near a PL level defender. Mid to bottom half of the Championship is about his standard.

From Nixon

Blackburn keen on Lucas Joao at Sheff Wed on loan. So are Wigan...

Joao is a good player. would be a decent signing if we could get him

I live around thirteen miles from Brockhall but even from here I can hear a large barrel being scraped.

But as its from the worst journalist I have ever read I'll treat it like most of his other articles of guesswork.

From Nixon

Decent player but we need a centre half,right back,central midfielder and a winger wouldn't go amiss.We already have Gallagher,Graham and Stokes as fowards.Would be a pretty pointless signing if the other positions arnt filled.Clueless Coyle

I live around thirteen miles from Brockhall but even from here I can hear a large barrel being scraped.

what do you expect with Venkys as owners? we had this for past 18 months

Decent player but we need a centre half,right back,central midfielder and a winger wouldn't go amiss.We already have Gallagher,Graham and Stokes as fowards.Would be a pretty pointless signing if the other positions arnt filled.Clueless Coyle

Don't need a winger. agree on Centre half and right back. then we could use Mulgrew in centre midfield with Evans.

Stokes might leave on loan.

what do you expect with Venkys as owners? we had this for past 18 months

Don't need a winger. agree on Centre half and right back. then we could use Mulgrew in centre midfield with Evans.

Stokes might leave on loan.

Dont need a winger?Take it you rate Feeney then?Conway has been poor this season and lacks pace.Mahoney is only young,though I'd like to see him being given a chance,can't rely on him in a relegation battle.Please explain why you think we don't need a winger?

On Joao is he any better than Gallagher or Graham? in my opinion no.So why would he leave sitting on the bench at Sheffield Wednesday to sit on the bench with us.Pointless signing imo when we have other priority positions that need filling

But as its from the worst journalist I have ever read I'll treat it like most of his other articles of guesswork.

Did you see his match report ? No mention of protests apart from attributing the tennis balls to Blackpool fans because they want their owner out. The guy is a giant phallic shaped object and if his keyboard moves it's a lie, proven so many times over the past few years.

Dont need a winger?Take it you rate Feeney then?Conway has been poor this season and lacks pace.Mahoney is only young,though I'd like to see him being given a chance,can't rely on him in a relegation battle.Please explain why you think we don't need a winger?

On Joao is he any better than Gallagher or Graham? in my opinion no.So why would he leave sitting on the bench at Sheffield Wednesday to sit on the bench with us.Pointless signing imo when we have other priority positions that need filling

"The Senior Effect"

From Nixon

Hes an idiot, 21 goal strikeforce, Stokes a more than capable replacement, Emnes potentially coming back, a terrible keeper, a leaky defence, a midfield that treat the ball like a hot potato. We need another striker then...

Coyle's 'philosophy' as a manager is to go and outscore the opposition. It's therefore no surprise if he is concentrating on signing more strikers despite that being the only successful component of the team at present and the only area we haven't been plagued by injuries this season.

Of course any decent manager would be hard at work rectifying the defence which would include a change in personnel if necessary, but this 'manager' will carry on with the same approach as at Burnley, Bolton and Wigan and neglect the defence, meaning we will continue to see goals conceded at a disastrous rate.

Hes an idiot, 21 goal strikeforce, Stokes a more than capable replacement, Emnes potentially coming back, a terrible keeper, a leaky defence, a midfield that treat the ball like a hot potato. We need another striker then...

Not wrong, we're not good enough anywhere on the pitch however Emnes may not be coming back, Graham could break down at any point and that would only leave us an injury to Gallagher away from having no-one so I wouldn't be against a decent striker coming in per se.

Venkys will make a decision about releasing funds at approximately 7.20 pm on Monday, if the FA Cup draw pairs us with Man Utd at home. They will then decide to give the whole ground to Utd to fill, charge £40 a ticket and also get big money from the game being televised. A quarter of the potential takings will be promised for transfer dealing on Tuesday. Then again, they might just trouser the lot.

probly shunt Gallagher on to the right wing

Archived