BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Cardiff have made an offer for Feeney. Clearly his absence from the squad yesterday was not related to a "broken nose". No doubt he'll be on his way at 5 mins to midnight on Tuesday

Funny how his performances have picked up in recent weeks.

If he goes I don't think he'll be the last. Anyone with a contract is being touted around. I think Lowe will go last minute in the window.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardiff have made an offer for Feeney. Clearly his absence from the squad yesterday was not related to a "broken nose". No doubt he'll be on his way at 5 mins to midnight on Tuesday

I absolutely shudder at the thought of the poor sod who comes in as a Feeney downgrade.

The Venkys way: sell and downgrade.

How the F do you downgrade on Feeney........?

................where do I sign?

Indeed, it seems that in a case of last ditch desperation to raise some cash for new signings that anyone and everyone is being touted around for sale, with scant regard for the impact this could have on the squad and its survival prospects.

Clearly the plan from the off in January was to get Marshall out of the building. The clowns running Rovers appear to be wanting or expecting £1-2 million for him, which they have now realised isn't going to be happening, so now he'll be going for £200,000 at best.

As Marshall hasn't yet been sold the next couple of days will be interesting. Either he's sold for a reduced fee which they will be disappointed with or he'll be going for nothing in a few months. Either way, it will be well short of the delusional £2 million Nixon keeps quoting.

Throughout January increasingly desperate business has been seen as Coyle tries to get the go-ahead to bring someone in. Releasing O'Sullivan from his contract, sending Byrne back to Man City, allowing Emnes to go back to Swansea, rumblings about Lowe being off, now Feeney.

Funny how Feeney has been a regular starter under Coyle, doesn't feature yesterday and is now linked with Cardiff. It seems Coyle has decided he is a sacrifice worth making if it means he gets the dosh for Ba or Barnes.

Agree with you about Mulgrew, we do look better when he plays in centre of defence. However when he doesn't play, we look extremely vulnerable, to the extent panic sets in. Don't think we should write Ba off, after all Roverstdt has seen him play and appears to rate him. We need a defender desperately as Mulgrew will probably miss 50% of the remaining games, unfortunately and as we know Venkys will not spend any money, so Ba on a free could be an option.

Ba gone to 1860 Munich probably got sick of waiting.for us.

If we play 1 up front then Graham must be that man.

So Gallagher either play wide or on bench. If he on pitch we can either play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on the game situation.

Ive seen Mulgrew play for Scotland in the position and played well. So can play well there.

Emnes isnt here and I wouldnt be resigning. Prefer Joao cos of his attitudes like pace.

Lenihan can play either Positions. Another player who gives you options. Something that is useful when we have injuries

If we are going to start playing 1 up front, then you can't start shoving players in unfamiliar positions that they are totally ineffective in, just to get them in the side.

Also, if we play 1 up top as you suggest, striker is the last position we need with 2 10 goal strikers competing for one place.

Your arguments constantly contradict themselves.

They were expecting to sell Marshall.

They brought Senior in but now it looks like nobody is daft enough to get ripped off on Marshall so now they cant afford Senior's wages.

Feeney and Lowe will go

Marshall will stay in a right sulk making him useless

Emnes wont be back. No chance.

We will have a weaker squad for the rest of the season than the weak squad that already has us in the bottom 3.

At least we have a DOF now so everyone forgets Pasha.

• Backroom

Senior working his magic. Saying that, I can't imagine Mahoney could be that much worse? Probably cheaper too so it's a double win for Venky's.

Thought Gallagher did good and did track back.

Mulgrew can play in 3 positions so thats a bonus with him. Bigger problem is injuries to him. With Hoban coming back soon. I would play Hoban and Lenihan in centre back with Mulgrew and Evans in midfield. Mulgrew techinque and calmness on the ball would be good in midfield in front of the back 4.

Stokes is a decent but not set the world on fire here. He is a target man type of striker. So if Gallagher and Graham got injury you wouldnt want use him in that role.

Ba is from ligue 2 club. Have you seen him play? What are his strengths and Weaknesses? If you dont know then how can you judge him? I bet you moaned about Nzonzi when he signed here cos he came from a league below Ligue 2. Look good he was for us and look how he has develop into a very good player.

Ive never said Barnes was better Emnes tho did I? Like Ive said before I would look for a pacey striker to sign. Give you names before.

Ive never seen Barnes play recently(past 3 years) so I really cant say how good or Bad he is. Maybe he improved over there and his injury record might have good better or it could have got worst. I dont know.

Bennett look good in the hole yesterday and the Birmingham game. Play well there last season under Lambert

Jesus it's like having yoda on the forum. Relegated we'll be. Backwards we are going.

Why would anyone turn down money for a player like him ? What have they bid, shirt buttons or bottle tops.

Why would anyone bid for him in the first place? "Neil Warwick wants to add pace and creativity to his attack so he's targeted Blackburn's Liam Feeney"

Might as well say your attack is a bit light on goals therefore you're after a prolific striker and have put a bid in for for Chris Brown.

Why would anyone bid for him in the first place? "Neil Warwick wants to add pace and creativity to his attack so he's targeted Blackburn's Liam Feeney"

Might as well say your attack is a bit light on goals therefore you're after a prolific striker and have put a bid in for for Chris Brown.

Bolton, Ipswich, Rovers and now Cardiff. Someone likes hawking him around skint struggling clubs that's for sure.

Archived