BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont need a winger?Take it you rate Feeney then?Conway has been poor this season and lacks pace.Mahoney is only young,though I'd like to see him being given a chance,can't rely on him in a relegation battle.Please explain why you think we don't need a winger?

On Joao is he any better than Gallagher or Graham? in my opinion no.So why would he leave sitting on the bench at Sheffield Wednesday to sit on the bench with us.Pointless signing imo when we have other priority positions that need filling

Feeney recent form as been good and he is improve. We also have Mahoney, Conway and Bennett who can play wide. Plus in the last 2 games he has played Gallagher wide in a 4-5-1 formation.

Joao will add up front options and would be a good replacement for Graham when he is shattered or injury. Coyle doesn't seem to rate Stokes at the minute and he couldn't even get on yesterday.

Hes an idiot, 21 goal strikeforce, Stokes a more than capable replacement, Emnes potentially coming back, a terrible keeper, a leaky defence, a midfield that treat the ball like a hot potato. We need another striker then...

Stokes is available for loan. I wouldn't be bring Emnes back either.

we have been linked with a centre back in Ba which you moaned at btw. and also linked with a centre midfield today from Arsenal. Plus also linked with Giles Barnes as well in the past month

I would play Guthrie more and with Evans and Mulgrew coming back and both can play there.

we need a right back also

Feeney recent form as been good and he is improve. We also have Mahoney, Conway and Bennett who can play wide. Plus in the last 2 games he has played Gallagher wide in a 4-5-1 formation.

Joao will add up front options and would be a good replacement for Graham when he is shattered or injury. Coyle doesn't seem to rate Stokes at the minute and he couldn't even get on yesterday.

we have been linked with a centre back in Ba which you moaned at btw. and also linked with a centre midfield today from Arsenal. Plus also linked with Giles Barnes as well in the past month

I would play Guthrie more and with Evans and Mulgrew coming back and both can play there.

Gallagher cannot play on the wing, Mulgrew is our best centre back by far and is needed there and we look far better when he is there, just because he wont play Stokes doesnt mean he doesnt have a use to us.

How will a random, untested defender who cant get a game in Ligue 2 help tighten us up? Giles Barnes isnt better than Emnes, Coyle wont play Bennett wide and Feeney has just gone from pathetic to average, Conway and Bennett should be our wide players.

Gallagher cannot play on the wing, Mulgrew is our best centre back by far and is needed there and we look far better when he is there, just because he wont play Stokes doesnt mean he doesnt have a use to us.

How will a random, untested defender who cant get a game in Ligue 2 help tighten us up? Giles Barnes isnt better than Emnes, Coyle wont play Bennett wide and Feeney has just gone from pathetic to average, Conway and Bennett should be our wide players.

Thought Gallagher did good and did track back.

Mulgrew can play in 3 positions so thats a bonus with him. Bigger problem is injuries to him. With Hoban coming back soon. I would play Hoban and Lenihan in centre back with Mulgrew and Evans in midfield. Mulgrew techinque and calmness on the ball would be good in midfield in front of the back 4.

Stokes is a decent but not set the world on fire here. He is a target man type of striker. So if Gallagher and Graham got injury you wouldnt want use him in that role.

Ba is from ligue 2 club. Have you seen him play? What are his strengths and Weaknesses? If you dont know then how can you judge him? I bet you moaned about Nzonzi when he signed here cos he came from a league below Ligue 2. Look good he was for us and look how he has develop into a very good player.

Ive never said Barnes was better Emnes tho did I? Like Ive said before I would look for a pacey striker to sign. Give you names before.

Ive never seen Barnes play recently(past 3 years) so I really cant say how good or Bad he is. Maybe he improved over there and his injury record might have good better or it could have got worst. I dont know.

Bennett look good in the hole yesterday and the Birmingham game. Play well there last season under Lambert

• Backroom

Ba is from ligue 2 club. Have you seen him play? What are his strengths and Weaknesses? If you dont know then how can you judge him? I bet you moaned about Nzonzi when he signed here cos he came from a league below Ligue 2. Look good he was for us and look how he has develop into a very good player.

It's not particularly valid to compare a signing made by Allardyce pre-Venky's to a signing being made by Coyle post-Venky's. What players have we brought in on free transfers in the past two or three years that have had any sustained positive impact? You could argue Mulgrew but his injury proneness makes his usefulness very limited. The transfer policy since Venky's snapped the purse-strings shut on Bowyer have led to a team that is truly devoid of skill or leadership. Most of us haven't seen Ba play but based on our transfer policy over the past few seasons it's far more sensible to assume he's not going to be much good. If he does happen to be decent then fair enough, but that would be significantly bucking the current trend.

It's not particularly valid to compare a signing made by Allardyce pre-Venky's to a signing being made by Coyle post-Venky's. What players have we brought in on free transfers in the past two or three years that have had any sustained positive impact? You could argue Mulgrew but his injury proneness makes his usefulness very limited. The transfer policy since Venky's snapped the purse-strings shut on Bowyer have led to a team that is truly devoid of skill or leadership. Most of us haven't seen Ba play but based on our transfer policy over the past few seasons it's far more sensible to assume he's not going to be much good. If he does happen to be decent then fair enough, but that would be significantly bucking the current trend.

Graham would be only one I can think off.

On Ba? Lets judge him on his performances.

I think we will end up signing just one player which will be a token signing.

IMV, Marshall will go at the 11th hour but I think the 'big surprise' will be the departure of Lowe - gossip this afternoon that there is a club in for him, we'll soon know if correct !

• Backroom

Graham would be only one I can think off.

On Ba? Lets judge him on his performances.

Graham is a fair shout but he was initially brought here by a decent manager in Lambert. Coyle was in charge when the signing was made permanently but I doubt Graham would be anywhere near Rovers if Lambert hadn't laid the groundwork.

Ba will ultimately be judged on performances, but it's fair to be pessimistic until he proves he's actually any good.

Ba has been linked with us under three different managers Chaddy...now that's very unlikely that all three fancy having him in their side so erm who does ??? c'mon pal

Mulgrew can play in 3 positions so thats a bonus with him. Bigger problem is injuries to him. With Hoban coming back soon. I would play Hoban and Lenihan in centre back with Mulgrew and Evans in midfield. Mulgrew techinque and calmness on the ball would be good in midfield in front of the back 4.

Stokes is a decent but not set the world on fire here. He is a target man type of striker. So if Gallagher and Graham got injury you wouldnt want use him in that role.

Ive never said Barnes was better Emnes tho did I? Like Ive said before I would look for a pacey striker to sign. Give you names before.

Ive never seen Barnes play recently(past 3 years) so I really cant say how good or Bad he is. Maybe he improved over there and his injury record might have good better or it could have got worst. I dont know.

Bennett look good in the hole yesterday and the Birmingham game. Play well there last season under Lambert

If Ba was any good then Big Sam would have signed him by now.

How can you pull up a poster for giving an opinion on Ba who hasnt seen him play... yet you said samba failed in russia... Did you see samba play every week there because id lay money you dont watch the russian leagues.

Its all irrelevant anyway because Ba wont be coming and nor will anyone else.

While I have seen Ba play one or two games I can confirm he is a hot prospect in France being half french i follow the progress of the French Leagues. He hasn't started much this year under Casanova who is known for preferring going down the route of more experienced players.

How can you pull up a poster for giving an opinion on Ba who hasnt seen him play... yet you said samba failed in russia... Did you see samba play every week there because id lay money you dont watch the russian leagues.

Its all irrelevant anyway because Ba wont be coming and nor will anyone else.

I did keep a check on the results of Samba teams in Russia. Plus dont forget his awful spell at QPR. He was very slow then

While I have seen Ba play one or two games I can confirm he is a hot prospect in France being half french i follow the progress of the French Leagues. He hasn't started much this year under Casanova who is known for preferring going down the route of more experienced players.

Can you give us an insight into the type of player he is?

Gallagher can not play out wide, he cant take people on and get crosses in, if hes in the middle he will do what he did when he drifted there yesterday, and what hes been doing up until recently when sticking him out wide has coincided with a drop in form and goals.

Lenihan? Not only is Lenihan poor, but hes a midfielder. Mulgrew is a defender, why move him from defence when the only times weve looked like not conceing have had him in defence? Celtic fans say hes miles worse in midfield.

My point is more, we need players to have an impact now, players who cant get a game in Ligue 2 dont come under that. You are only encouraging it because Alan Nixon has said it.

We have 2 target men, if Graham got injured we could play Gallagher with Stokes or Emnes hopefully off him.

I did keep a check on the results of Samba teams in Russia. Plus dont forget his awful spell at QPR. He was very slow then

Can you give us an insight into the type of player he is?

Someone I know who lives and works in Lille has seen Ba live in a game - described Ba as a 'gentle giant' with poor distribution (not what we need!).

If we play 1 up front then Graham must be that man.

So Gallagher either play wide or on bench. If he on pitch we can either play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on the game situation.

Ive seen Mulgrew play for Scotland in the position and played well. So can play well there.

Emnes isnt here and I wouldnt be resigning. Prefer Joao cos of his attitudes like pace.

Lenihan can play either Positions. Another player who gives you options. Something that is useful when we have injuries

Gallagher can not play out wide, he cant take people on and get crosses in, if hes in the middle he will do what he did when he drifted there yesterday, and what hes been doing up until recently when sticking him out wide has coincided with a drop in form and goals.

Lenihan? Not only is Lenihan poor, but hes a midfielder. Mulgrew is a defender, why move him from defence when the only times weve looked like not conceing have had him in defence? Celtic fans say hes miles worse in midfield.

My point is more, we need players to have an impact now, players who cant get a game in Ligue 2 dont come under that. You are only encouraging it because Alan Nixon has said it.

We have 2 target men, if Graham got injured we could play Gallagher with Stokes or Emnes hopefully off him.

Agree with you about Mulgrew, we do look better when he plays in centre of defence. However when he doesn't play, we look extremely vulnerable, to the extent panic sets in. Don't think we should write Ba off, after all Roverstdt has seen him play and appears to rate him. We need a defender desperately as Mulgrew will probably miss 50% of the remaining games, unfortunately and as we know Venkys will not spend any money, so Ba on a free could be an option.

Archived