BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do Ex Rovers Players Chat @#/? ?

Maybe Kevin Gallagher has info we dont???

He is entitled to his opinion, even when we dont agree with them.

Cant believe how mad people get when other people have different opinions to them.

Events of the last 4 or 5 years , and comments made by Gally during those times, suggest he doesn't have info we don't.

Abbey isn't saying he can't have an opinion. Just that his opinion is @#/? and is probably toned down to ensure his media pay checks keep rolling in.

Maybe Kevin Gallagher has info we dont???

He is entitled to his opinion, even when we dont agree with them.

Cant believe how mad people get when other people have different opinions to them.

Friendly piece of advise, to cut down on the aggro and shared frustrations.

Maybe take a moment and think :

do I need to reply to this?

do I have a new viewpoint to add to the debate (other than positive spin).

There's a time and place for your positivity, but constantly spinning similar lines in every thread can get annoying and antagonistic (whether meant or not).

I'm getting to the point where I'll have to put you on ignore, but I think if you thought things through (about adding value), were less condescending and passive aggressive, and toned stuff down a little, things may improve, and instead of dreading your posts, people would value them more.

Please take this in the spirit that it is intended. It's necessary, for everyone (I'd suggest).

• Backroom

There's a time and place for your positivity, but constantly spinning similar lines in every thread can get annoying and antagonistic (whether meant or not).

I'm getting to the point where I'll have to put you on ignore, but I think if you thought things through (about adding value), were less condescending and passive aggressive, and toned stuff down a little, things may improve, and instead of dreading your posts, people would value them more.

Please take this in the spirit that it is intended. It's necessary, for everyone (I'd suggest).

Fantastic post. I'd particularly like to emphasise that ALL posters should take heed of this.

Fantastic post. I'd particularly like to emphasise that ALL posters should take heed of this.

Does it apply to posters doing the exact same with a negative slant? For example, if a discussion took place that's shot down as being "duped" or "venkwashed"?

Does it apply to posters doing the exact same with a negative slant? For example, if a discussion took place that's shot down as being "duped" or "venkwashed"?

Got to be fair and do it both ways. I've disagreed many times with your posts, but it adds more than people who contribute absolutely nothing other than shouting down civilised football discussion with insults and inane, capitalised ramblings.

Is there a time and a place for the constant whining and paranoid conspiracy theories that make up the majority of posts on here nowadays? Chaddy's 'postive' posts make up a small % of the posts on here. If you can't handle one dissenting voice then maybe MB's aren't for you.

I don't dread his posts either, In fact he's one of the few posters who brings something new to the board via the transfer links he posts. It's always appreciated when someone does that for the benefit of others in the 'community' who don't have the time or the inclination, regardless of the hack behind the stories.

It's actually a very patronising and divisive post that singles out one member of the community who is already constantly harrassed to the point of bullying.

Classic abbey. You really only see what you want to say.

I'll spell it out again.

If he wants to work on the radio, he can't expect to just rant and rave about Venkys and keep his job. If they wanted that, they could easily find a random angry fan off the street.

Just because you can't get past it, don't think everyone else has the same mindset. I wouldn't @#/? on Mrs Desai if she was on fire, but I'd rather not go on about it all day.

Well Sutton did when talking about Celtic on TV, so maybe some players have balls and some dont

Well Sutton did when talking about Celtic on TV, so maybe some players have balls and some dont

Is Sutton hired as a pundit for Celtic games?

The point I was making is Gally, Garner et al - they aren't going to wade in like a fan because their remit is both sides of a coin. They will literally throw away opportunities, as newspapers, radio, tv etc if they took the "it doesn't matter, until Venkys leave" approach.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have someone who puts the boot in (even as lightly as Cryer) but let's not pretend that these media agencies have their own agendas seperate from Rovers and Rovers fans.

They've got to sell and entice ALL rovers fans, and there are still many who don't want to know about how the owners have completely messed us up- and who could blame them? It's like your best mate reminding you about how your ex wife left you every morning.

Call them fans emus, but the media agencies aren't pushed by the RIGHT WAY, they are pushed by profit! Large demographics!

I already said it applies to all posters. Read, people and stop squabbling!

I agree but the post only mentions chads "faux pas"... Don't get me wrong I can see why Chad winds people up, but some reference to the constant referral to smoke and mirrors is missing from ACOB's post- for me that's enough to start an argument! An example always helps to illustrate, it's like me asking about a youngster and then Jal suggesting it doesn't matter since he has a scouse agent.... Now that is completely made up, but it's supposed to show the other side of the coin.

I'm sure I'd b picked up here if I started making decisions, views and posts based on assumptions- it shouldn't be any different for anyone else.

Got to be fair and do it both ways. I've disagreed many times with your posts, but it adds more than people who contribute absolutely nothing other than shouting down civilised football discussion with insults and inane, capitalised ramblings.

Shut up Sam you Venkypologist ;)

It's actually a very patronising and divisive post that singles out one member of the community who is already constantly harrassed to the point of bullying.

Bit extreme blueboy. If chaddy was so upset at what gets said to him on here, I don't think he'd post what he does as much as he does. If he wanted to hear positive viewpoints all day and say what he wants without fear of a comeback, he'd be posting on a Facebook group instead of here. He's a big boy, and I'd argue it's more patronising when people try and protect him like he's a child. Though I do agree he gets a bit too much stick and people should think before posting.

Back on topic, it's not just ex-players who chat bobbins. Read the Grant Hanley reaction tweets on the LT for some guff. However, I would say that our ex-players paid by the media at least have an obligation to tell it how it is and not sugarcoat it.

Is there a time and a place for the constant whining and paranoid conspiracy theories that make up the majority of posts on here nowadays? Chaddy's 'postive' posts make up a small % of the posts on here. If you can't handle one dissenting voice then maybe MB's aren't for you.

I don't dread his posts either, In fact he's one of the few posters who brings something new to the board via the transfer links he posts. It's always appreciated when someone does that for the benefit of others in the 'community' who don't have the time or the inclination, regardless of the hack behind the stories.

Blimey you're out for an argument. Seems like it should apply to you as well.

The post was gracious and highlighted the problem in a non aggressive and helpful way. The poster also condemned shouting down venky lover comments later on.

Not sure how that constitutes buying or being patronising or divisive. If anything it helped build community.

But it's contrary to your positive view so it gets shouted down. The irony...

Never forgive Gallagher for trying to excuse Kean - before the game when Wigan relegated us.

He's poor at what he does too.

Helpful... still....

He loves the Jawdee Nashun, 52,000 screaming Gerdies every week! Barcelona of the north an all! Not won out for 50 years but mashive club man.

Proper mag on his Newky Brown with the latest clap trap.

Blimey you're out for an argument. Seems like it should apply to you as well.

The post was gracious and highlighted the problem in a non aggressive and helpful way. The poster also condemned shouting down venky lover comments later on.

Not sure how that constitutes buying or being patronising or divisive. If anything it helped build community.

But it's contrary to your positive view so it gets shouted down. The irony...

there's none so blind...

there's none so blind...

Whilst I'll freely admit to being negative I'd love you to show where my posts have been bullying or how the post in question is divisive and patronising given it's tone and what is said in it.

Also given your criteria for bullying and patronising does your quoted post not fall under that criteria?

Whilst I'll freely admit to being negative I'd love you to show where my posts have been bullying or how the post in question is divisive and patronising given it's tone and what is said in it.

Also given your criteria for bullying and patronising does your quoted post not fall under that criteria?

I never called you a bully. I never said your posts were bullying. Where have i said that? The post i responded to singled out one person. That post could have been aimed at almost anyone on here. It wasn't, it was aimed at a predictable target. I haven't called CofB's a bully either.

If i followed your posts round all day everyday and criticised them or made you justify them you would soon get @#/? off. I've only responded to one of yours and you're already getting defensive. NOW IMAGINE THAT ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.

Archived