SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advert In Indian Press

Madon

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done. Sorry it couldn't be more.

Is there a text option for this one? I think part of the reason the first campaign was so successful, so quickly was the convenience of the text option. It also catches the 'spur of the moment' donations (particularly after a few pints!) Even if you could only donate up to a maximum of say £10 by this method, I think it's a massive plus for any fundraising.

Come on folks, even if it's just the price of a pint, it all helps.

Was going to donate a couple of quid to the cause but the web site only allows a minimum of £5. will donate when i get paid but i wonder if this is putting a few off.

There might be 100s out there who would chuck in a quid but cant do.

• Backroom

Admittedly this is a mistake on my part.

I didn't realise that JustGiving now offer to do personal campaigns like this one, I thought they were just for registered charities, hence why I used GoFundMe for this one which is a bit naff!

They don't offer a text service and the minimum donation is £5.

Apologies guys but I know better if there's a next one!

• Backroom

Perhaps Madon could claim the money raised, then 'redonate' to a page on the other site?

Not a bad shout.. I'll get on that when I get a bit of time.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Rovers Trust, I had a message to say they'd be donating what is required to get the ad in the paper but now that seems to be up in the air which is slightly disappointing.

Not a bad shout.. I'll get on that when I get a bit of time.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Rovers Trust, I had a message to say they'd be donating what is required to get the ad in the paper but now that seems to be up in the air which is slightly disappointing.

Keep pushing for it. If the advert could be timed to coincide with the mural that may have a greater impact. Put a picture of the mural on the advert

As a Member of the Trust....could the Trust not email its members to ask them to consider donating to the India advert. At the moment it looks like if they are not in charge then they are not interested....and WE all need to collaborate.

• Backroom

I'm still waiting on an email back from the Rovers Trust regarding this.

A few weeks ago they said they would fully support it and donate what is needed to get this in the paper.

Since then it seems that this may no longer be the case, they said they were going to discuss it and get back to me, that was last Thursday.

If it turns out that they will support it then we won't need to move it over and take the hit.

Matt, cant you amend the value of the first one, close it down and get the money. Put it in the bank.

Start new one on just give for the balance of a grand or whatever it is.

No need transfer the money over. Just bank it.

Re the Trust. Presume they need a professional meeting to democratically decide. Could take months. I say just start the new one up.

A few weeks ago they said they would fully support it and donate what is needed to get this in the paper.

Since then it seems that this may no longer be the case, they said they were going to discuss it and get back to me, that was last Thursday.

If it turns out that they will support it then we won't need to move it over and take the hit.

Not worth waiting any longer Madon. We have the momentum and interest at the moment so we should capitalise on it before people lose interest.

I emailed them twice regarding this, and havent had the courtesy of a reply.

I asked them if they would consider giving funds, but also pointed out that as its effectively supporters money, they may need to have a vote on whether those who had given the money to the trust wanted it to be re-directed to this. I suspect that they may have had to take some legal advice on this (mis-appropriation of funds). Id say close the current, and re-open a separate fund for the remainder with the text option.

Also think you may get a bigger response if you had a draft of the advert in place, as some wouldn't want to donate without seeing what they were paying for in advance.

Archived