BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advert In Indian Press

Madon

Madon everyone knows your trustworthy. I think the consensus is;

Lets get a "Quid to Simply Rid" going on Just giving for the advert if we can!

Text option to apply! il donate twice!

If you need a hand drafting the cause story let me know!

Everyone it's a quid I'm sure you can spare? We must have 500 at least on this board! Let's get behind this and sure our support!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Ok guys, this is where we stand at present...

Pending Deposits
£96.46 will be deposited on 18 October 2016
£9.00 will be deposited on 15 October 2016
£22.84 will be deposited on 14 October 2016

Completed Deposits
£31.84 deposited on 11 October 2016
£4.38 deposited on 8 October 2016
£13.61 deposited on 7 October 2016
£4.38 deposited on 5 October 2016
£18.23 deposited on 4 October 2016
£36.69 deposited on 4 October 2016
£8.82 deposited on 27 September 2016
£72.18 deposited on 24 September 2016
£27.05 deposited on 23 September 2016
£36.46 deposited on 21 September 2016
£17.76 deposited on 20 September 2016
£27.23 deposited on 20 September 2016
£72.22 deposited on 20 September 2016
£22.38 deposited on 16 September 2016
£22.61 deposited on 15 September 2016
£40.61 deposited on 14 September 2016
£254.13 deposited on 13 September 2016
£312.99 deposited on 13 September 2016
How it Works: GoFundMe works with Stripe to deposit your money. Once you receive a donation, your balance will be automatically deposited into the bank account you provided during the activation process.

Deposits are started automatically 7 days after a donation is received. They continue to be processed daily for donations received 7 days ago. Deposits take at least 1 business day to process. Click here for more info.

So I have £1023.57 in my bank so far from donations and the remaining £128.30 will be in on the 18th October.

I will therefore make 2 donations to the new page on justgiving of both of the above amounts, the second being on the 18th.

Unfortunately it looks like we're going to lose a little bit of the money raised due to the websites taking a small cut but if it means this picking up again then so be it.

I will share the link shortly when I have it set up.

If anyone can help with the write up (Dunnfc maybe?) I'd be very grateful.

• Backroom

Bad news... JustGiving don't offer a text service for crowdfunding, just for charities.

Looks like we're sticking to gofundme unless anyone has any other ideas? :(

Bad news... JustGiving don't offer a text service for crowdfunding, just for charities.

Looks like we're sticking to gofundme unless anyone has any other ideas? :(

Can you donate to a PayPal account by texting?

• Backroom

Is anybody able to design an advert in photoshop?

Dimensions are 32.9cm (width) x 52.5cm (height)

The Rovers Trust are going to back the ad, as long as....

The content should be legal, professional and effective. Consider the objective of the advert message and focus on how best to achieve that.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Hi mate,

Yes, they are still very much willing to contribute the funds to the cause. We still need somebody to design the advert for us though which is pretty much putting a halt to the whole thing as it stands.

If anybody is, or knows anybody who is a graphic designer and would be willing to draw something up for us please let me know. I have all the page dimensions etc waiting!

Have you got written down the target audience, the communication objectives, the key message and the reason to believe? If not, you'll just be guessing on how it should look. Advertising is hard enough to make effective anyway without just guessing what it should say and how it should look.

• 3 weeks later...

Protest idea:

Does anyone know the Indian version of Facebook/Twitter ? There seem to be a few profiles for Venkys on the English social media: https://twitter.com/venkysindia?lang=en https://www.facebook.com/venkysindia- but these seem to be entirely dormant and irrelevant.

Is social media as big and relevant in India as it is in the Western world? If a company's social media accounts get destroyed by 1-star reviews, constant criticism, will it deeply hurt the company? If so, then we need to find how Venkys market themselves online in India. We need to find how they communicate with the public. I am ready to spend every waking moment day and night for as long as it takes hammering away at their accounts, but we need some context, we need to find out what to target. Someone living and having experience in India would be best...

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Good Evening,

Just a quick update on where I'm up to with this...

The original target was to raise £2,226 in order to get a full page advertisement into a newspaper in India, unfortunately, we have managed to raise £1,415, as good as an amount that is, unfortunately, it just isn't enough.

There are 3 reasons this has taken so long:

1. Trying to find a graphic designer who is willing to design the advert free of charge, which I have now done so a huge thanks to Kyle for that (Not sure if he is registered on this board)

2. Deciding the content and making sure it is legal, the last thing I need is being sued the year of my wedding!

3. Trying to get enough funds to make sure the advert will reach as many Indian doorsteps as possible. There was an agreement with the Rovers Trust in place that they would contribute towards the advert, content dependant, but unfortunately this no longer seems possible.

An anonymous poster on here has offered to donate £500 towards the advert which is extremely generous but I don't want to take all of that money if this isn't going to be a success.

I am now in a position where I have over £1,000 of peoples money. As I see it, there are 2 options:

1. Still put an advert in the newspaper, with the budget that we have we can get a space that Is 25cm x 12cm but it wont be in a national newspaper, it will be in a local one, which maybe wont reach the target audience that we originally planned.

2. As per the original link https://www.gofundme.com/venkysadvertit was said that if we didn't raise enough money, the cash raised will go towards other protest material, this is A LOT of money that can go a very long way if used correctly.

I would love opinions on this please ASAP as this money is sat in my account and I really want rid of it!

Thanks,

Matt.

Archived