BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advert In Indian Press

Madon

• Backroom

I received an email last night from the Rovers Trust stating they're willing to contribute towards this advert, so a huge thank you to them as they've been getting a bit of stick lately.

I now need somebody who is a bit of a wizz on photoshop to start putting something together, any takers?

Also need hard hitting content to put on the advert. Ideas?

Cheers!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be thinking in terms of

"VENKY'S OUT"

Blackburn Rovers Football Club Fans are seeking

support from Indian businesses and sports fans to

reclaim their historic football club from disastrous

ownership and stewardship by the Venky family.

This is the beginning of a concerted campaign to achieve

the removal of Venky's from all association with our club.

Under Venky ownership:

(followed by hard hitting bullet

Points to describe the damage to the club and

Community)

Just an initial stab but I would be happy to assist with wording if needed. Unfortunately

Photoshop is not my scene!

I received an email last night from the Rovers Trust stating they're willing to contribute towards this advert, so a huge thank you to them as they've been getting a bit of stick lately.

I now need somebody who is a bit of a wizz on photoshop to start putting something together, any takers?

Cheers!

Matt you need to find out from the paper what the advert dimensions are for someone to make something up.

Cheers!

You've plenty of content on VENKYSOUT.COM

If you want some help:

PM Blackburn Ender

and

email chairman@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

:brfc:

• Backroom

Matt you need to find out from the paper what the advert dimensions are for someone to make something up.

I've just asked the question to a lady I've been in contact with at the Times of India. I think she will have clocked off for the day now so should get an answer in the morning.

"We want our club back" with just the badge? Few links/Twitter handle etc?

If it's an advert, we need a marketing expert - a long winded article, it might not be as effective

My Indian mate-who happens to be a Man Utd fan- was suggesting we try to capitalise on the Gandhi Lancashire link in communicating with an Indian audience. I thought It worked very well at the end of the Indian journo's piece.

Do you want any help in knocking together some ideas?

• Backroom

I just wanted to raise some money to make sure this actually happens. When it comes to the design and literature I'm pretty naff to be honest with you.

If we have an expert on here within the marketing sector then we're on to a winner I'd imagine!

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

I also don't think we could use the badge or name.

Ghandi came in 1931 and brought the town hope, an icon, etc etc (I'm no wordsmith)

The Raos came in 2010and brought the town despair

Probably cheesy but I honestly think the advert should be to a place with a more in depth concerted article!

Blackburn Rovers Fc is a football club in the north west of England. It is a club of prestige, tradition, history and trophies and is over 140 years old. The town of Blackburn is ethnically diverse and has strong ties with India, hoping back to the 1930's with the visit of mahatma gandhi.

Sobe the acquisition of our club by venkys in 2010, the firings of the club have steadily deteriorated. At the time of the takeover, venkys made a number of undertakings to the fans to respect the heritage of the club. These were all broken in short order.

In almost six years since, venkys ownership has become a byword for mismanagement, lack of investment, ineptitude, lack of control, indebtedness and mendacity. It has been very bad pr for Indian business methods.

The fans of Blackburn rovers would wish the Indian public to know of the damage that venkys have done to our club and to the image of India overseas. We call on venkys to immediately open talks with previously interested parties in order to facilitate a transfer to new ownership at a realistic sale price.

They have proved themselves incapable of running our once-proud club. Venkys out of Blackburn rovers

Agree about the Sam situation, thank god we didn't go last week with a "sacking the current England manager" line.

I do have experience of dealing with the media in all of its guises, but certainly not not in India, we would need advisce to avoid offending the people we want to engage with.

Archived