BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advert In Indian Press

Madon

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets keep plugging this everywhere guys, this route is one the indian press are advising will cause the biggest ripples.

Twitter, Facebook, just about anywhere we can plug it.

Pertblue is working on the design, whilst a few others happy to look at it from marketing perspective.

Madon as per usual is on the ball and taking care of the fundraising.

This is a good collaberative effort and If anyone else can chuck their hat in ring to ensure this is bullet proof , please please get in touch.

There is no need to criticise them, truthful and checkable facts will speak for themselves regarding how they have conducted business with their UK venture and hopefully raise alarm bells or questions for anybody looking to invest in their brand in India.

It does seem that amongst their current shareholders there are a few unhappy campers already

Absolutely. It is about selecting the most damaging facts and juxtaposing them to the positive state of BRFC, before they took over etc. I guess the subtext is can they be trusted?

This is a very good idea BUT you need to establish exactly how much it will cost before starting to fund raise. I would be amazed if it was as low as £2000 (177,000 Indian rupees) for a national newspaper. Last year I enquired with the Pune Mirror who are a local newspaper for a full page advert and was quoted 230,000 rupees.

It will do the campaign a great deal of harm if £2000 is raised and then transpires it is not enough.

• Backroom

Kamy, thanks for the advice.

£2000 was a starting figure until the guy from the paper gets back to Glen.

If we don't raise what's needed the money will go towards whatever is best, maybe a poll to decide?

Hopefully I'll be able to update the target amount tomorrow.

I'm told by a lad out there that there are a lot of different newspapers in circulation with people in different areas of the city and people who speak different languages all buying different ones. Maybe the most business orientated paper will be the best one for maximum impact where it needs to be.

I'm told by a lad out there that there are a lot of different newspapers in circulation with people in different areas of the city and people who speak different languages all buying different ones. Maybe the most business orientated paper will be the best one for maximum impact where it needs to be.

Business Line which is in English as well as Financial Express both circulated through Pune and Hydrabad.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the next board meeting after a publication in there.

Don't forget to bring the whole VH Group down. Make reference to VENKEYS as it's spelt like that on the stocks.

£300 raised thus far. Come on all dig deep.

He says Times of India is the one most popular with upper class, business & Bollywood types also the main English language one. Probably the most expensive as well, he also said only one page is dedicated to international news.

Just had the first quote come back for, If you book the entire front page of Times of India Hyderabad.. the cost is around 1,97,000 rupees which is £2226 pounds.

This would be the first thing people see when they buy paper, so other sections should be cheaper

That's for only one city edition. If you want that to appear, say in all 5-6 major cities in India , that would mean around 2226*5 ..approx 11k pounds

However you can get a quarter page for a quarter of the price and put it in 5 of the 6 major cities for about £2500

On that basis , we should be able to get a budget to be able to do something

This is the link if someone wants to negotiate

http://timesofindia.releasemyad.com/home.php?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjK--BRCzv-Wyu4OTosEBEiQAgFp5OO2jkDyMgo1JgEXxXRvNk9XZU_DgdJC-TGAWQlMY3UUaAjWJ8P8HAQ

If you want maximum exposure and shock value, advertise in TOI, Indian Express etc.... You could also look at running a full page ad on the local paper in Pune.

If you want to hit them where it hurts, advertise in Business Standard or The Economic Times. A lot of business folks read those papers and negative publicity might see their stocks crumble.

Also, have you guys given TV ads a thought? The rates here in India are pretty cheap compared to UK. A simple 10sec ad for example, while a cricket match is on would give us maximum exposure and would create ripples. But I'm not sure how much you guys are planning to raise. If you can block a slot on TV, I'd say go for it rather than newspapers.

• Backroom

If you want maximum exposure and shock value, advertise in TOI, Indian Express etc.... You could also look at running a full page ad on the local paper in Pune.

If you want to hit them where it hurts, advertise in Business Standard or The Economic Times. A lot of business folks read those papers and negative publicity might see their stocks crumble.

Also, have you guys given TV ads a thought? The rates here in India are pretty cheap compared to UK. A simple 10sec ad for example, while a cricket match is on would give us maximum exposure and would create ripples. But I'm not sure how much you guys are planning to raise. If you can block a slot on TV, I'd say go for it rather than newspapers.

At this moment in time the aim is simply to raise enough money as possible.

Whatever we raise will go towards some form of advertisement in India. The main target is to get into the nationals but obviously this will be costly.

TV Adverts could be a good idea, maybe something J*B could help with?

At this moment in time the aim is simply to raise enough money as possible.

Whatever we raise will go towards some form of advertisement in India. The main target is to get into the nationals but obviously this will be costly.

TV Adverts could be a good idea, maybe something J*B could help with?

I can see that and am totally behind the cause. If you guys need help with getting quotes from TV stations, I could help out but be warned, we might not raise that much money.

If you could keep raising money till the ISL season starts, then you could advertise around the stadium for Pune's matches.

The best, I think would be to carry out some sort of publicity during IPL. The whole of India tunes in then. But I don't know how we'd go about this.

How much is it to have the advert in a different region? Isn't Hydrabad the equivalent of North Yorkshire or similar? Surely it makes sense to have it in the financial sector too.

Mumbai is the financial/commercial/manufacturing hub for India, a part of what is know as the golden triangle of Mumbai, Pune and Nashik in Maharastra

Archived