BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jerome Anderson Masks For Wolves 29/10

Roverall

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just responded in the other thread, but ultimately he's not the one (until proven otherwise) who holds the keys to Rovers, which is why it's Venkys (The Raos) that need our full attention. Balaji or Witch Desai masks could be a good gimmick. The irony behind it which I think the media would go for is that there are thousands of them at Ewood when in reality they haven't showed up in years.

I saw this on the Protest thread and thought it was a terrific idea.

We really need something quirky and unusual to get attention.

Thousands of JA masks together with a huge banner flagging up the SEM/Kentaro creeps.

What does anyone think?

Well, I know I suggested it, BUT the focus should be on Venky's...and we should be careful not to dilute that at this time.

Like you I want to out the sleazy, predatory JA etc, but maybe it's about timing?

I did have a little fantasy about groups of four, wearing different masks-Madame Grim, Brothers Dim and JA with his tear. All good fun, but maybe only we would get it! I have to remember this is for an outside audience...

Definitely lots of Venky masks.

Call me weird, but I also like the idea of having a bonfire and burning Venky's models at the stake!

Well, I know I suggested it, BUT the focus should be on Venky's...and we should be careful not to dilute that at this time.

Like you I want to out the sleezy, predatory JA etc, but maybe it's about timing?

I did have a little fantasy about groups of four, wearing different masks-Madame Grim, Brothers Dim and JA with his tear. All good fun, but maybe only we would get it! I have to remember this is for an outside audience...

Definitely lots of Venky masks.

Call me weird, but I also like the idea of having a bonfire and burning Venky's models at the stake!

Easily done - couple of hundred cabbage patch dolls on the bonfire.

Erm guys, how on Earth will it look if a predominantly white fanbase from a town with some racial tension start burning effigies of Indians?

Hell no!

I don't see any protest on here when British , USA and effergies are burnt . Why then is OK to burn the white boy on Nov 5th ?

I saw this on the Protest thread and thought it was a terrific idea.

We really need something quirky and unusual to get attention.

Thousands of JA masks together with a huge banner flagging up the SEM/Kentaro creeps.

What does anyone think?

Wearing a mask like those is a positive message though, I've still got my Tugay one - and if I remember correctly, the WBA fans had Tony Mowbray masks on that day.

Protests should be about the owners. I appreciate that agents are essentially the reason for all this but protesting that faceless retired gob @#/? would be pointless IMO.

Erm guys, how on Earth will it look if a predominantly white fanbase from a town with some racial tension start burning effigies of Indians?

Hell no!

Good point, just cancelled the dixieland black and white minstrel quartet who were going to provide a sing song.

What about burning chicken pieces, make it a protest barbeque, symbolic and tasty :)

p.s can also chuck some courgettes on so we are not offending Vegetarians

• Backroom

I don't see any protest on here when British , USA and effergies are burnt . Why then is OK to burn the white boy on Nov 5th ?

My point was more that if I can twist the meaning imagine what the media will do.

But I'm pretty sure if there was a prominent news item of effigy burning, you'd see it called out in the news thread. As for Guy Fawkes, a British effigy of a British man, burnt by British people can't be twisted as racist.

The idea has been agreed for the Wolves game (as far as I'm aware).

People should be coming up with ideas for the other games.

JA masks IMO will only serve to confuse people - especially non-Rovers fans. Stick to Venkys- we'll attack the rest once they've gone.

The idea has been agreed for the Wolves game (as far as I'm aware).

People should be coming up with ideas for the other games.

JA masks IMO will only serve to confuse people - especially non-Rovers fans. Stick to Venkys- we'll attack the rest once they've gone.

Actually, at the risk of being boring- think the idea was more decreed by Birdy...Some of us are seriously concerned that this 1875 thing will NOT be enough, especially on its own. We can't put all our eggs in this one basket, when we have such a big exposure opportunity....

• Backroom

I did email the Rovers Trust a few days ago about distributing whistles, but not even an acknowledgement. A quick twitter convo with Glen was more encouraging.

I think whistles alongside the 1875 idea is the best and simplest plan of action.

Anything extra should have one goal: Disrupt the game.

Actually, at the risk of being boring- think the idea was more decreed by Birdy...Some of us are seriously concerned that this 1875 thing will NOT be enough, especially on its own. We can't put all our eggs in this one basket, when we have such a big exposure opportunity....

I don't have a problem with that as long as you make it clear that its in addition to the 18/75 protest. Still think ignore JA - his time will come.

Mikes idea is best - whistles- but that again needs more thought - 3 or 4 pre-organised whistling times - to delay the game for a few minutes each, or is everyone going to do their own thing (clue - this will likely get other fans back up).

The other thing for me is that if everyone is just targeting Wolves we are going to give up a number of other opportunities for protesting in the meantime. Even if its a pre-arranged we want venkys out on 18 & 75 minutes- it will help sustain the effects.

Hell no!

What racial tension Mike?

Nonsense.

It isn't burning something sacred to India eg flag etc.

Burning toxic individuals who happen to be Indians would resonate with Indian public who will be embarrassed by them. Their first question would be...why they doing that?

I don't have a problem with that as long as you make it clear that its in addition to the 18/75 protest. Still think ignore JA - his time will come.

Mikes idea is best - whistles- but that again needs more thought - 3 or 4 pre-organised whistling times - to delay the game for a few minutes each, or is everyone going to do their own thing (clue - this will likely get other fans back up).

The other thing for me is that if everyone is just targeting Wolves we are going to give up a number of other opportunities for protesting in the meantime. Even if its a pre-arranged we want venkys out on 18 & 75 minutes- it will help sustain the effects.

100% agreement from me.

I have emailed key people and offered to assist in some form of protest planning group.It needs co-ordination and thinking through.

Whistle blowing on the Venky's as part of #Venky's Out...

I think you're all in danger of going off in different directions and some of the suggestions could easily be construed as funny and lighten the mood which is counter productive.

This is serious business, is it not? It's certainly not Halloween come early.

Focus on the matter at hand, Venkys out, nothing else.

Archived