BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jerome Anderson Masks For Wolves 29/10

Roverall

I think whistles alongside the 1875 idea is the best and simplest plan of action.

Anything extra should have one goal: Disrupt the game.

Once everyone has read the news letters that will be handed out, it's paper aeroplane time.

A tenner to anyone whose plane reaches the centre circle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're all in danger of going off in different directions and some of the suggestions could easily be construed as funny and lighten the mood which is counter productive.

This is serious business, is it not? It's certainly not Halloween come early.

Focus on the matter at hand, Venkys out, nothing else.

Yep.Guilty, as charged. I never could resist a good joke, even when things are dire. It often gets me in trouble at work!

Venky's Out agreed.

• Backroom

What racial tension Mike?

Nonsense.

It isn't burning something sacred to India eg flag etc.

Burning toxic individuals who happen to be Indians would resonate with Indian public who will be embarrassed by them. Their first question would be...why they doing that?

And the first answer for white fans burning black or asian effigies Sky will use is the racism card.

Any protest has to put us in a good light. We can't afford anyone twisting our agenda to fit theirs.

I think whistles alongside the 1875 idea is the best and simplest plan of action.

Absolutely correct.

Whistles. Beach balls. Chickens. Paper planes.

Disrupt the game and it WILL be on TV.

Anything on the pitch except fans.

Personally I am still sceptical the 1875 plan will get any attention from SKY. I think the new camera positions do not show the stands so unless the producer decides its worth a mention the game will go on and any protest unnoticed. Truth is its the first televised game since the camera move so we will only know afterwards.

If the game is stopped several times it will be shown around the world.

I'm surprised, gobsmacked even, at so much jocular content on these threads.

If this is serious business and fans expect to be taken seriously, I'd suggest many need to take a step back and think what effect a bunch of disorganized folk blowing whistles, wearing Jerome Anderson masks, chucking beech balls, playing the okey-cokey on 18 mins and 75 mins, debating are we in the ground out of the ground are going to have on a bunch of hard nosed Indians 5000 miles away who have allegedly spunked £100 million.

In front of Sky TV, if the ground was empty and full when intended, maybe but that won't happen IMO.

Take the fight entirely on their home turf in India would be my view.

To really create an impression, for the Wolves game, get every man and his dog on the ground in front of Sky TV, ideally fill the ground for one game only and chant for 90 minutes from 4 sides of the ground " We Are The Rovers, We hate Venkys!"

If there were 25000 plus on, no one would ignore it in the knowledge that our previous gates had been 10k. It might cost £20 for 'boycotters' to attend as a one off but it would portray the best message of all to all and sundry as to our love of Blackburn Rovers and hatred of those responsible for our demise. It would also demonstrate that there are 15000 boycotters as opposed to those that simply choose not to go anymore.

Just my opinion and I know it's an alternative that some won't like but surely worth some thought and consideration.

I'm sure it would also reinvigorate and remind us all of how much fun it is to be unified and have a great atmosphere at Ewood.

• Backroom

Tbf, the constant chanting should be a given ;)

I think it's been established that many won't consider returning. Best we can hope for is a ground as full as we are willing, and those still boycotting to participate from outside the ground.

To really create an impression, for the Wolves game, get every man and his dog on the ground in front of Sky TV, ideally fill the ground for one game only and chant for 90 minutes from 4 sides of the ground " We Are The Rovers, We hate Venkys!"

If there were 25000 plus on, no one would ignore it in the knowledge that our previous gates had been 10k. It might cost £20 for 'boycotters' to attend as a one off but it would portray the best message of all to all and sundry as to our love of Blackburn Rovers and hatred of those responsible for our demise. It would also demonstrate that there are 15000 boycotters as opposed to those that simply choose not to go anymore.

Just my opinion and I know it's an alternative that some won't like but surely worth some thought and consideration.

My opinion too. Having a small crowd is now the norm so will have little effect. Having a large, loud and very angry crowd at a televised match would cause at least some discussion post-match.

I'm surprised, gobsmacked even, at so much jocular content on these threads.

If this is serious business and fans expect to be taken seriously, I'd suggest many need to take a step back and think what effect a bunch of disorganized folk blowing whistles, wearing Jerome Anderson masks, chucking beech balls, playing the okey-cokey on 18 mins and 75 mins, debating are we in the ground out of the ground are going to have on a bunch of hard nosed Indians 5000 miles away who have allegedly spunked £100 million.

In front of Sky TV, if the ground was empty and full when intended, maybe but that won't happen IMO.

Take the fight entirely on their home turf in India would be my view.

Great post darrenrover

That was the intention of Birdys idea - I think it would make the difference.

Filling the stadium on a one off like that to protest en masse in a peaceful and positive way is thinking further than just Venkys out, it's thinking about what could and should happen after too.

To get 25,000 on against Wolves you would need to pay people to attend.

Personally, I like the idea of whistles as it will be effective even if only a few people do it.

I'd gladly pay to bring one person who refuses to spend the coin. Might ask them to get me a fosters gold in the club before hand like... (It's 1.25 a bottle lads! Haha)

To get 25,000 on against Wolves you would need to pay people to attend.

Personally, I like the idea of whistles as it will be effective even if only a few people do it.

By the same token, by natural selection, we deserve to be where we're currently heading then?

Everyone to their own opinion admittedly but if the club meant something to everyone as we believe, if I was a potential investor, I'd want to see the true potential and passion, even if for one game only.

25,000 chanting "WE ARE The Rovers, WE Hate Venkys" for 90 minutes in front of TV and in the knowledge that 15,000 had paid £20 against their better judgement, would give me as a potential investor food for thought and make all and sundry sit up and think. A gate of 8,000 with a few folk running to and from the concourse, blowing whistles and wearing masks would just make me laugh.

We want Venkys out, they are the laugh and joke, we want our pride back, WE're Blackburn Rovers!!!

I'd gladly pay to bring one person who refuses to spend the coin. Might ask them to get me a fosters gold in the club before hand like... (It's 1.25 a bottle lads! Haha)

Bring a mate and ask a mate to bring a mate, should be the mantra IMO

25000 v Wolves: WE ARE The Rovers, WE hate Venkys!!!!!

I did email the Rovers Trust a few days ago about distributing whistles, but not even an acknowledgement. A quick twitter convo with Glen was more encouraging.

I put my Idea to them both on the mic and in person on thurs ( I shan't discuss it on here) but same as you none of the top table groups have been in touch

And the first answer for white fans burning black or asian effigies Sky will use is the racism card.

Any protest has to put us in a good light. We can't afford anyone twisting our agenda to fit theirs.

Why does it need to put us in a good light.

Which part of not stepping foot inside is too difficult? You could pay me a grand and I won't go in

By the same token, by natural selection, we deserve to be where we're currently heading then?

Everyone to their own opinion admittedly but if the club meant something to everyone as we believe, if I was a potential investor, I'd want to see the true potential and passion, even if for one game only.

25,000 chanting "WE ARE The Rovers, WE Hate Venkys" for 90 minutes in front of TV and in the knowledge that 15,000 had paid £20 against their better judgement, would give me as a potential investor food for thought and make all and sundry sit up and think. A gate of 8,000 with a few folk running to and from the concourse, blowing whistles and wearing masks would just make me laugh.

We want Venkys out, they are the laugh and joke, we want our pride back, WE're Blackburn Rovers!!!

To use a dragons den , sadly I'm oot

1. Why does it need to put us in a good light.

2. Which part of not stepping foot inside is too difficult? You could pay me a grand and I won't go in

1. Because the whole movement last time was broken on media sticking knife in. Also we need to consider what's after Venkys. I think a positive message could even bring potential buyers or investors to the table.

2. You don't need to be so patronising - you are boycotting fair enough it's just Birdys protest was about filling the ground as a one off and I think it's a shame we can't all get behind that.

1. Because the whole movement last time was broken on media sticking knife in. Also we need to consider what's after Venkys. I think a positive message could even bring potential buyers or investors to the table.

2. You don't need to be so patronising - you are boycotting fair enough it's just Birdys protest was about filling the ground as a one off and I think it's a shame we can't all get behind that.

1) the media response last time was mostly disappointing but not decisive.

2) you imply that those who want to fill the ground are doing the right thing while those who continue to boycott are divisive. I've said, many times, that an empty ground would get Venkys out sooner than any other protest idea.

It's a shame we can't all get behind that.

I would love to see 25,000 on v Wolves, truly I would, (& I still attend), but what I'm saying is that it simply won't happen.

We would do well to get 15,000 on.

Re the whistles, even one solitary whistle disrupts a game, hence my belief it is the most effective suggestion.

I put my Idea to them both on the mic and in person on thurs ( I shan't discuss it on here) but same as you none of the top table groups have been in touch

Why does it need to put us in a good light.

Which part of not stepping foot inside is too difficult? You could pay me a grand and I won't go in

If you had stepped foot in Ewood recently you would see that the boycott (I'm staying away too, but attended the first game) is doing nothing sadly. The stadium is dead, there's not much of the hardcore support left or at least wasn't at that first game. Yet Venkys are either unaware, possibly their advisors afraid of losing their jobs, or they couldn't care less.

The other problem is that there are still people who will go and make it look half-empty. This makes it look like it's less of a boycott and more that the support has dropped off due to our league position. If everyone didn't go it'd be effective but that's never going to happen and it makes the boycott pointless.

The only thing that would get some notice would be for one game, for the stadium to be full, or even just enough fans in there to cause a lot of noise. Venkys Out to be screamed for 90+ minutes to the point where it was ridiculous, no matter the score. Fit and Proper you're having a laugh would be good too. And what about "Jerome Anderson what a w***er". We need a chant about the FA waking up as well. Refrain from Coyle chants.

If everyone went down to the front of the Bburn End (and other stands) after having come up from the concourse on 18 minutes, the stewards would smell a rat thinking there was about to be a pitch invasion, even if there wasn't to be one. There would be a line of them all across the front of the stand which would surely be picked up by the cameras and provoke discussion by Sky covering the game.

1) the media response last time was mostly disappointing but not decisive.

2) you imply that those who want to fill the ground are doing the right thing while those who continue to boycott are divisive. I've said, many times, that an empty ground would get Venkys out sooner than any other protest idea.

It's a shame we can't all get behind that.

We already have an empty ground!

I didn't mean to imply what you said but I was referring initially to birdys idea about filling up the ground.

I agree with him. Best thing we can do. It also WILL help the players, not just numbers but a positive message won't be an excuse for Coyle.

Maybe a more realistic suggestion is trying to fill the Jack Walker? It's around 8000 I think and it now faces the camera. Banners and singing in that side could have an impact potentially?

We already have an empty ground!

I didn't mean to imply what you said but I was referring initially to birdys idea about filling up the ground.

I agree with him. Best thing we can do. It also WILL help the players, not just numbers but a positive message won't be an excuse for Coyle.

Maybe a more realistic suggestion is trying to fill the Jack Walker? It's around 8000 I think and it now faces the camera. Banners and singing in that side could have an impact potentially?

Which part of boycotting is too difficult for you to understand ... Principles? Not a penny more ?

Which part of boycotting is too difficult for you to understand ... Principles? Not a penny more ?

I am totally with Abbey on this one.

I don't intend to get a ticket and break my boycott.

I do intend to go down and protest outside.

The cameras under the riverside roof cannot see the JW upper tier.

Lower tier is purposely the family stand.

If everyone went down to the front of the Bburn End (and other stands) after having come up from the concourse on 18 minutes, the stewards would smell a rat thinking there was about to be a pitch invasion, even if there wasn't to be one. There would be a line of them all across the front of the stand which would surely be picked up by the cameras and provoke discussion by Sky covering the game.

This is the only thing which will get TV attention. Everyone going down to the front and the stewards getting into a frantic panic. Pitch side will be in camera shot. Empty stands won't be.

Archived