BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest At Home 18.10.16

chor808

Firstly very good result. Credit to all concerned. Can't keeping dropping points at home. Pleased for those hardy souls who keep supporting the on-field action.

Secondly for me a very interesting result as when our backs were firmly against the wall against Rotherham we came up trumps and here again last night with things looking bleak following Derby and Cardiff winning we have also managed a victory.

Equally our form guide over the last six matches suggests improvement.

Form Guide

1) Brighton - 14

2) Newcastle - 13

3) Norwich - 13

4) Wednesday - 12

5) Birmingham - 11

6) PNE - 11

7) The Rovers - 10

8) Bristol - 10

19) Ipswich

20) Fulham

21) Burton

22) Forest

23) Barnsley

24) Rotherham

Probably fair to say Coyle (or any manager) would need some time to get organised following the sale of both centre- halfs and with numerous other incomings and outgoings.

Fair also to say we are playing teams from lower down that form guide and have already played 5 out of those 6.

Fair to say Barnsley's start was a total flash in the pan. 1 point from the last 6 matches doesn't augur well for them.

Interesting looking game coming soon against Bristol.

So.....will we continue this improved run of form as the opposition improves and is our shoddy start behind us.

Or will this cycle of win, lose, draw continue and we remain down with the dead legs all year?

How have we seemingly managed so often to pull decent results out of the pan when things were seriously looking gloomy? Maximum effort 1 in 4, or 1 in 5? Why would that be? We have seen it time and time again under the @#/?, Bowyer, Lambert and now Coyle.

Thirdly, I am a tad embarrassed to admit that I forgot we were even playing. If a fan like me can drift so badly and lose so much interest, others will find it a doddle.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a really good post OOJW and the form guide over the last 6 matches is very interesting.

I have to say that you forgetting we were playing, definitely shows that you have certainly lost a lot of interest and I wonder how many more are at that point? I live in Spain, so it is easy for me to boycott, which I still do on my 3 monthly trips back to the UK. Despite that, when we are playing, I am glued to some sort of device, as I can't relax, unless I know how we are getting on. Last night it was my mobile with Sky Bet match tracker on, whilst having a Chinese with my Mrs and her twin sister. My Mrs knows the script when we are playing and I apologised to my sister in law, beforehand. The poor waiter in the restaurant, wasn't too please when we scored the second goal, as my celebration, caught him off guard and he nearly dropped a tray of drinks.

Possession stats are usually misleading. Most of it is passing it sideways in your own half.

Villa won at Reading with just 31% possession.

It's the 20 shots at goal from a poor team that's concerning, looking at the brief highlights of the Ipswich game showed just how easy it is to create a goalscoring opportunity against this current Rovers team regardless of how the goalie performs.

This Rovers team along with the manager need to harden up.... fast or move on !

Getting Evans and Guthrie more fit has to be some of it. Clearly our best two in the middle. If they play well we play well.

That said both have terrible injury records so it can only be a matter of time till one breaks down then we are back to Akpan, Lenihan, Lowe all of who just can't pass the ball well enough to play in CM.

That's a really good post OOJW and the form guide over the last 6 matches is very interesting.

I have to say that you forgetting we were playing, definitely shows that you have certainly lost a lot of interest and I wonder how many more are at that point? I live in Spain, so it is easy for me to boycott, which I still do on my 3 monthly trips back to the UK. Despite that, when we are playing, I am glued to some sort of device, as I can't relax, unless I know how we are getting on. Last night it was my mobile with Sky Bet match tracker on, whilst having a Chinese with my Mrs and her twin sister. My Mrs knows the script when we are playing and I apologised to my sister in law, beforehand. The poor waiter in the restaurant, wasn't too please when we scored the second goal, as my celebration, caught him off guard and he nearly dropped a tray of drinks.

Yes it worries me a tad hence mentioning it. To be fair I was really busy last night, but would normally be sat on the BE so that is not really an excuse.

I personally have found it hard to supporting an organisation that has zero class, dignity or decency.

It's the 20 shots at goal from a poor team that's concerning, looking at the brief highlights of the Ipswich game showed just how easy it is to create a goalscoring opportunity against this current Rovers team regardless of how the goalie performs.

This Rovers team along with the manager need to harden up.... fast or move on !

Forest only got in once behind our defence that I can remember.

Forest's shot were either wide of blocked by defenders.

Don't rise to the bait chaddy. Even on the rare occasions we have a positive these days it seems to be obligatory to draw some sort of negative out of it on here lest some sort of reflected credit finds its way back to the manager or owners.

Firstly very good result. Credit to all concerned. Can't keeping dropping points at home. Pleased for those hardy souls who keep supporting the on-field action.

Secondly for me a very interesting result as when our backs were firmly against the wall against Rotherham we came up trumps and here again last night with things looking bleak following Derby and Cardiff winning we have also managed a victory.

Equally our form guide over the last six matches suggests improvement.

Form Guide

1) Brighton - 14

2) Newcastle - 13

3) Norwich - 13

4) Wednesday - 12

5) Birmingham - 11

6) PNE - 11

7) The Rovers - 10

8) Bristol - 10

19) Ipswich

20) Fulham

21) Burton

22) Forest

23) Barnsley

24) Rotherham

Probably fair to say Coyle (or any manager) would need some time to get organised following the sale of both centre- halfs and with numerous other incomings and outgoings.

Fair also to say we are playing teams from lower down that form guide and have already played 5 out of those 6.

Fair to say Barnsley's start was a total flash in the pan. 1 point from the last 6 matches doesn't augur well for them.

Interesting looking game coming soon against Bristol.

So.....will we continue this improved run of form as the opposition improves and is our shoddy start behind us.

Or will this cycle of win, lose, draw continue and we remain down with the dead legs all year?

How have we seemingly managed so often to pull decent results out of the pan when things were seriously looking gloomy? Maximum effort 1 in 4, or 1 in 5? Why would that be? We have seen it time and time again under the @#/?, Bowyer, Lambert and now Coyle.

Thirdly, I am a tad embarrassed to admit that I forgot we were even playing. If a fan like me can drift so badly and lose so much interest, others will find it a doddle.

Very good post, last night I was reflecting on some of what you have pointed out.

This is the second time this season we've managed to pull a victory out of the bag when Coyle appeared to be reaching the point of no return, the other one being Rotherham.

Whilst the win was vital, and just about keeps us in touch with the pack, we really need to go on an extended unbeaten run to reach the security of mid table.

However as you so rightly say the times we've been able to do that under either Bowyer Lambert or Coyle have been as rare as hen's teeth. I blame the holiday camp atmosphere which appeared to be prevalent under Bowyer myself. I'm not sure we've fully managed to rid ourselves of the mentality that doing the bare minimum is good enough yet.

Thanks chaddy just trying to point out how poor this team is at this moment in time as it sits too near to the bottom of the league for our liking.

Thanks chaddy just trying to point out how poor this team is at this moment in time as it sits too near to the bottom of the league for our liking.

IMO, One of the biggest problems is individual mistakes like No marking correctly at corners or a keeper who is outstanding in one game then next game flapping like a bird

I'd say the bigger problems are that we have a team of lower-league journeymen and loanees cobbled together on a curly wurly budget, with a six-fingered chimp in charge, and the worst owners in footballing history.

Interesting to hear Howard Gayle on the pitch at half time last night reminiscing about his time at Ewood. Good to see him chatting to fans at the side before he headed back down the tunnel as well.

The second half was so different, we sat back and let Forest come onto us, while we hit them on the break. Although I didn't think Forest would ever score, they eventually did due to a few lapses of concentration in stoppage time.

Steele made a gaff when he let the ball bounce over him, I think it was Lenihan who said on Radio Rovers it was his mistake that cost us the goal (I'll have to watch the highlights, it was down the other end).

I'm glad you posted that about Lenihan. I had just said to my mates how well the back four had performed. I was watching Lenihan as the defence prepared for the Forest free kick which led to the goal.

He was busy directing who was to mark whom.

I never saw the free kick taken and neither did he. Steele gave a poor punch out and they scored from that.

Had he watched the flight of the ball he would have headed it clear.

Still, we came home happy for once.

IMO, One of the biggest problems is individual mistakes like No marking correctly at corners or a keeper who is outstanding in one game then next game flapping like a bird

The monumental individual mistakes are made in Pune

This stems from the manager. You see it time and time again under poor managers.

Steele is probably more of a lost cause though.

Yes. We all know this. But we can criticise manager and players on a match to match basis as well; hopefully constructive criticism.

For me, match threads are to discuss the game, subs, manager tactics.

Other threads are for everything else. We know the major problems at the club

Interesting to hear Howard Gayle on the pitch at half time last night reminiscing about his time at Ewood. Good to see him chatting to fans at the side before he headed back down the tunnel as well.

I enjoyed seeing him too.

If only he'd put that penalty away in the first leg......

At the time yes. But promotion would have meant no Jack, no Kenny, no King Al, no Super Atko, no league title, no league cup.....

The Palace away game was one of my worst ever feelings at a football match.

If my memory is correct they went straight up the other end and scored off the missed penalty. Am I imagining things?

Archived