BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest At Home 18.10.16

chor808

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result. Last six results have been decent - 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Mid table form.

One surprise win - derby.

One disappointing draw - Ipswich

Two expected losses - Brum away and Sheff W at home

One expected win - Rotherham

I expected a draw today so I'm happy with the three points.

A much better performance than Saturday, especially in the first half when we played some good football. Two excellent goals, the second being particularly well constructed. As the game went on I thought we got a bit nervous and started dropping deeper and deeper. Fortunately, Forest weren't very good and but for a late slip by Steele we would have seen the game out. Nonetheless, it was a welcome performance and result on a dreadful night weather wise. The result keeps us in contact with those above us which is the main thing.

Rovers played well and deserve the win.

We deserve the 2 nil half time. Gallagher is a goalscorer and work so hard.

Felt second half we sat back far too much for me

Steele flapping again. hopefully Coyle will bring in a new keeper in January.

we deserve a clean sheet cos I felt the back 4 were good and Lenihan and Hoban did very well tonight.

I thought Emnes should have been taken off about 10/15 mins before he did. looked shattered

Forest are a poor side tho.

How did Mulgrew play when on the pitch?

didn't do much.

played in the DM in front of back 4.

need games tho, cos he looked a little overweighted

BBC stats show Forest with 60% possession and 20 shots at goal yet only two on target.

but only scored 1 and that's was because of Flapping Steele

A much better performance than Saturday, especially in the first half when we played some good football. Two excellent goals, the second being particularly well constructed. As the game went on I thought we got a bit nervous and started dropping deeper and deeper. Fortunately, Forest weren't very good and but for a late slip by Steele we would have seen the game out. Nonetheless, it was a welcome performance and result on a dreadful night weather wise. The result keeps us in contact with those above us which is the main thing.

agreed ParsonBlue.

Excellent first half, nervy second. I thought Hoban and Lenihan looked good together. I like Greer but we had more energy and bite back there tonight. Evans and Guhrie pressed high most of the game and Gallagher ran his socks off.

Steele flapped at a few and Lowe looked again out of position and raw. Mulgrew came on late and didn't get much chance to impress. It was an enjoyable night and the small crowd was appreciative of the players efforts.

I can't warm to the man but if it was the manager's tactics it worked.

It was simple.pour everything into the beginning of the match press press press and go all out to get ahead.then try to hang on.dare I say it's what burnley have done under dyche for 2 years.would have been even better if substitutions were poor and poorly timed.the high energy pressing game obviously needs well timed tactical changes.

There is however too little quality in the squad for anything other than a bitter struggle ahead.

And a special word of admiration for the leafleter on the corner of top o'the croft.I bade him well done.we salute you sir.

• Backroom

Steele had a stinker tonight he flapped at a couple in the first half as well.

Williams continues to impress.

A bit greedy but Conway could have passed to Feeney for an easy 3-1 at the end but getting a man sent off works as well - thought the lad who got sent off was their best player overall.

Also never a fan of supporters being idiots and wasting time keeping the ball the ref only adds more time on.

Somebody posted a pic on twitter from the JW stand looks really sparse on the other three sides

https://twitter.com/RussellJAdams7/status/788458535457808388

Thats depressing, went to watch peterborough tonight. Been going more often to be fair and haven't been to Blackburn game since Ipswich away last season. Will not be going back till Venkys p*ss off! Please be in time before kids I take become Posh fans! 1 kid sat there tonight in his Blackburn shirt and hoody asking about a Peterborough shirt! :angry2:

Delighted and relieved to have secured the 3 points and achieved the minimum target from the two home games of 4 points. It keeps us in touch with the pack above. As is becoming a hallmark of our game we once again came out of the blocks quickly and applied pressure in the early stages and didn't let them settle and got our rewards with the goals. One or two concerns with the second half performance but ultimately aside from one or two worrying moments we did enough to keep Forest at bay and they shouldn't have scored other than from the golden opportunity their man put wide of the far post in the second half. I am a little concerned about our overall fitness levels and how much the second half display was to do with us running out of steam. It certainly appeared to be the case with people like Emnes, Guthrie and Evans in particular who seemed to be running on empty. Credit to Conway he never stopped chasing even in the dying minutes.

Moving forward a point at Bristol would be most welcome to keep things ticking over.

This is a really poor division and there are points to be had in every game. A glance at the League table suggests Bristol City as a top 6 side will be extremely tough to get anything from, yet they've just lost their last two to Cardiff and QPR without scoring.

Then we've got Wolves coming to town. No doubt they will be portrayed as a juggernaut beating all before them, yet in reality they are in the bottom half of the table, have won 2 of their last 9 away from home and have only kept one clean sheet in that time, so they are certainly there for the beating if we get our performance right.

Just to emphasize how dreadful this league is, Ipswich, who have just ended a period of 500 minutes without a goal, are now just 3 points off the top six.

I'm not trying to sound carried away here, I just don't think there's really anyone to fear in this league apart from Norwich, Newcastle and possibly Villa when they get up and running. Other than them lot we should be looking with confidence to take points off anyone.

An overrunning hospital appointment prevented us from going last night. Delighted to see the result on the back of what seems to have been a decent performance.

As the manager said on Saturday averaging two points a game is decent form. It's down to him to keep delivering the results to achieve that target.

Steele had a stinker tonight he flapped at a couple in the first half as well.

Williams continues to impress.

A bit greedy but Conway could have passed to Feeney for an easy 3-1 at the end but getting a man sent off works as well - thought the lad who got sent off was their best player overall.

Also never a fan of supporters being idiots and wasting time keeping the ball the ref only adds more time on.

I'm pretty sure he was the one that got sent off against Villa for celebrating with the fans as well, poor lad.

An overrunning hospital appointment prevented us from going last night. Delighted to see the result on the back of what seems to have been a decent performance.

As the manager said on Saturday averaging two points a game is decent form. It's down to him to keep delivering the results to achieve that target.

what a pity you missed a win after some of the dross you sat through

I'm pretty sure he was the one that got sent off against Villa for celebrating with the fans as well, poor lad.

I was in Zagreb (work) and went to the CL match Dynamo Zagreb v Seville last night, Nzonzi plays for Seville and he just strode around the park was the best player by a mile always had space and i don't think he missed a pass, and i'm sat there getting Pssed wet throught as there are no covered stands and thinking he used to play for us, what a downward spiral we are travelling down now.

what a pity you missed a win after some of the dross you sat through

Yep. On the positive side as I watched the waiting room click move towards 7.00 I knew Rovers would win!!!! Always happens :(

Enjoyed the first half, we put together some good slick passing moves that shows the team does have some potential and could be good enough to stay in the division.

Two good goals from Gallagher, who narrowly missed out on his third with a lovely curling effort from the edge of the box and two good penalty shouts should have made the win more decisive.

Forest looked much the same as most of our opponents this season so far, weak.

The second half was so different, we sat back and let Forest come onto us, while we hit them on the break. Although I didn't think Forest would ever score, they eventually did due to a few lapses of concentration in stoppage time.

Steele made a gaff when he let the ball bounce over him, I think it was Lenihan who said on Radio Rovers it was his mistake that cost us the goal (I'll have to watch the highlights, it was down the other end).

All in all a decent game and gives a bit of hope for the trip to Bristol on Saturday.

A deserved win against one of the teams who probably will get dragged into the relegation scrap

Out of the bottom three till this evening at least

As for the attendance last night was in reality around 8000

Archived