BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Lambert Set To Be Appointed Next Wolves Manager?

We were 2pts off the playoffs in Bowyer's first season. 11pts after that, then the wheels came off completely.

Also, given Bowyer's ability to bottle it against our league rivals, I wouldn't have fancied us even if we had qualified.

The wheels came off due to the circumstances he was working under. He is the only manager in the last 6 years that doesn't get the owners erratic incompetence taken into account.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wheels came off due to the circumstances he was working under. He is the only manager in the last 6 years that doesn't get the owners erratic incompetence taken into account.

The wheels came off because we blew our best two chances of promotion, which allowed the embargo to stymie us. With the players at his disposal Bowyer should've at least had us in the top six. From that vast turnover of players he did produce some gems, and deserves the credit, but that's only half the battle. Brian Kidd signed Matt Jansen.

The wheels came off because we blew our best two chances of promotion, which allowed the embargo to stymie us. With the players at his disposal Bowyer should've at least had us in the top six. From that vast turnover of players he did produce some gems, and deserves the credit, but that's only half the battle. Brian Kidd signed Matt Jansen.

We have never had a team good enough to go up since we have come down. It's that simple.

We have never had a team good enough to go up since we have come down. It's that simple.

We had two strikers with 40 goals between them. Most clubs would've relished that kind of firepower.

In one breath you're saying Bowyer was the one to take us up, then in the other you claim the players weren't good enough (despite Bowyer having five transfer windows to sort it).

We had two strikers with 40 goals between them. Most clubs would've relished that kind of firepower.

In one breath you're saying Bowyer was the one to take us up, then in the other you claim the players weren't good enough (despite Bowyer having five transfer windows to sort it).

No I am saying he is probably the best chance we have had, but is ridiculed, and deserves much more recognition for keeping us up then making us a team again.

Commonly known he would have sold Rhodes but was not allowed. You have to give credit to Bowyer for making Rhodes and Rudy work, because they simply have not anywhere else in this league or above.

No I am saying he is probably the best chance we have had, but is ridiculed, and deserves much more recognition for keeping us up then making us a team again.

Commonly known he would have sold Rhodes but was not allowed. You have to give credit to Bowyer for making Rhodes and Rudy work, because they simply have not anywhere else in this league or above.

Had a manager of Lambert's calibre been afforded the same time and money that Bowyer was, we would've stood a much better chance at promotion, although no doubt Venky's would've found some way to @#/? it all up.

Had a manager of Lambert's calibre been afforded the same time and money that Bowyer was, we would've stood a much better chance at promotion, although no doubt Venky's would've found some way to @#/? it all up.

Yeah I would agree with that. Like them both personally but Lambert looked like he had a bit more.

Anyway, they are now the glory years compared to what's happening now.

I believe Bowyer would have sold Rhodes if he had his way. I think Bowyer wanting to play Gestede and King up front(remember the Stoke game). I also believe we put an enquiry for Chris Wood

to Leicester at the time

Facts are facts. Under Venkys ownership Lambert had the best win percentage.

and yet the owners didn't back his plans for the club. I wonder why they didn't?

I believe Bowyer would have sold Rhodes if he had his way. I think Bowyer wanting to play Gestede and King up front(remember the Stoke game). I also believe we put an enquiry for Chris Wood

to Leicester at the time

and yet the owners didn't back his plans for the club. I wonder why they didn't?

Someone explained it to me quite well the other day Chaddy. When me and you go food shopping, we think I will buy that after work, get in there and change your mind, change again and finally grab something at last minute when you get close to counter. That's how they run our club.

to Leicester at the time

And 100 percent, ex managers have tired to sell Rhodes. They thought the fans wouldn't be happy.

to Leicester at the time

When they appointed Lambert they thought he'd be able to quickly get us into the play offs on the cheap. When they saw that wasn't going to happen around the transfer window time they effectively pulled plug on the club. It was a last throw of the dice by the chancers.

Rewind 6 years (I wish!!) and the same could've been said of Rovers, Venky's and Anderson. To my mind this Wolves situation - to paraphrase Dave Whelan - doesn't look right and it doesn't feel right.

Time will tell.

It'll go south after a season two like all these others do and there'll be other motives besides football behind this one as well. Even if it's only an ego trip for the owners they soon get fed up these rich foreign types when things don't go their way, QPR, Villa, Cashley to name 3 for a start.

They all make the same noise when they arrive and do a bit of window dressing, possibly the only exception is our lot who you could see from the very moment they appointed Kean that disaster was imminent.

to Leicester at the time

But Bowyer resisted playing King with all his heart and soul

to Leicester at the time

King still wouldn't have got much of a look in under Bowyer whether he'd sold Rhodes or not because Gaz just didn't fancy him. Add in he was on good wages and someone was always going to come for a player of his potential type, quick, so they always had him marked for sale in the bunker.

Someone explained it to me quite well the other day Chaddy. When me and you go food shopping, we think I will buy that after work, get in there and change your mind, change again and finally grab something at last minute when you get close to counter. That's how they run our club.

And 100 percent, ex managers have tired to sell Rhodes. They thought the fans wouldn't be happy.

You go food shopping with Chaddy?

Archived