BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Lambert Set To Be Appointed Next Wolves Manager?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irv and Kelly said to be going as well if he gets the job, hope he does I think he'll do ok with a bit of backing. Wonder if he'll come here to pinch anyone, Graham maybe ?

I fully expect Irvine to be number 2 with Batty as goalkeeper coach..

Wouldnt be surprise if Lambert came in for Ben Marshall or Danny Graham

Both maybe. He could probably get the pair for about 1.5 million as I'm sure Rovers would be happy to shift Grahams wages.

Potentially a very good job for Lambert at a club that will match his ambition to try to get back to the Premier League, unlike this club that has no desire to be successful. I wish him all the best. He came here and tried when most would have run a mile. He delivered the bare minimum of ensuring we survived, told the club in good time he was leaving and why, he didn't leave us in the lurch mid-season and didn't hang on for every penny he could get. He provided refreshing levels of honesty mixed in with ruthless ambition to get promoted. Two things that don't sit well with a club with no ambition, no idea or desire of how to be successful and only concerned with going backwards in every department.

He's probably reaching do or die stage with his career. If he doesn't hit the ground running at Wolves and get them up the table or doesn't last so long then short spells at Rovers and Wolves after the Villa failure and he'll be seen as yesterdays man. On the other hand if he gets Wolves firing and back to the Premier League he'll be rehabilitated back to Norwich levels. He won't get a lot of time at Wolves with their owners but at least they seem to have learned quickly the importance of a track record and experience in this league and are going down the tried and tested route.

I'm not ashamed to say that it hurts to see him potentially joining a rival club (just above us in the table) that will no doubt give him the finance and ability to compete in this league that he clearly wanted here but the crooks in India refused to give him. I hope he proves them and everyone else wrong and shows us that had we backed him properly we could be challenging for promotion this season. He was our last shot at turning this around. We're now going to pay the ultimate price whilst another club probably benefits.

Remember there were a lot of people saying he had no right to expect good financial backing and that it would have been ridiculous/insane for us to gamble millions backing him in the transfer market. Lets see if Wolves do that and how it works out.

Both maybe. He could probably get the pair for about 1.5 million as I'm sure Rovers would be happy to shift Grahams wages.

Doubt we'll be selling Marshall. He's been offered a pay rise and Coyle's waiting to hear back from his agent as to whether he's accepted that new contract....

Back in real life he's going to the highest bidder in January. Anything over £100k will get him. Less than they wanted but better than nothing. New contract and a wage rise offer on the table? Pull the other one.

Wolves on the face of it look like another basket case of a club with a mad owner.

Why would anyone appoint Zenga immediately after a takeover?

Lambert would do well to give them a very wide berth indeed.

We're going to be Inamess in two months when he goes back.

Seems i'm not the only one thats realised Emnes has got a Brighton (or similar) permanent move written all over him, Gallagher back to Southampton and left with an unhappy Danny Graham come summer.

Doubt we'll be selling Marshall. He's been offered a pay rise and Coyle's waiting to hear back from his agent as to whether he's accepted that new contract....

Back in real life he's going to the highest bidder in January. Anything over £100k will get him. Less than they wanted but better than nothing. New contract and a wage rise offer on the table? Pull the other one.

Yeah, keep checking sky sports news for Keoyle ringing in to say he will be signing in the next 24 hours (source : Venky's & Partners project management handbook, Chapter 7 Bull**** for beginners , page 26)

I'd love to see Lambert stick it to Venky's after his shabby treatment here, albeit at our expense.

I never understand this viewpoint. Rovers is our club, and you're happy for, sorry, who? Paul Lambert? To do us in when we play them next? I'd say you and several others' hate of Venky's is greater than your love for Rovers. There is no justifying that.

Wolves on the face of it look like another basket case of a club with a mad owner.

Why would anyone appoint Zenga immediately after a takeover?

Lambert would do well to give them a very wide berth indeed.

The look on the faces of their new owners (allegedly) sat in the stands at Ewood bore all the hallmarks of what the hell are we doing I can't wait for this to end.

More publicity seekers buying another club for non football reasons and probably having their buttons pressed by some hidden partners.

Seems i'm not the only one thats realised Emnes has got a Brighton (or similar) permanent move written all over him, Gallagher back to Southampton and left with an unhappy Danny Graham come summer.

And that is another problem that will surface in the near future and bite us on the backside. The permanent signings we made are all at the wrong end of their careers with decent, long contracts. The loan signings who to be fair appear to have been the better players so far will go back to their parent clubs and Rovers will be left with expensive have beens with no value in them. Another example of how this once great club of ours has been ruined and built on sand.

And that is another problem that will surface in the near future and bite us on the backside. The permanent signings we made are all at the wrong end of their careers with decent, long contracts. The loan signings who to be fair appear to have been the better players so far will go back to their parent clubs and Rovers will be left with expensive have beens with no value in them. Another example of how this once great club of ours has been ruined and built on sand.

Plus the next raft of loans won't be from Prem clubs if we are in league 1. We'll be loaning whatever is fourth choice from the likes of Preston and Wigan :blink:

Makes the decision to bin off Bowyer even more suspicious. Why get rid of a man who was doing everything required without complaint who many of the fans accepted and who was cheap? In hindsight there is no logical reason that involves either football or finances to justify that decision when we look at what has happened since.

Yet another 'mistake' as they had a brief flirtation with trying to bankroll a promotion push with Lambert only to then change their minds completely a few months later?

Or perhaps something more sinister to do with getting out of the embargo and Bowyer not being the man they wanted to oversee the next phase of the project. Presumably Bowyer would expect certain levels of reinvestment or freedom to do his own thing in the transfer market continuing to bring in younger end players who he could develop which didn't sit well with the people upstairs.

Why get rid of a man who kept the team up whilst making them millions in profit on players? Very suspicious behaviour.

Makes the decision to bin off Bowyer even more suspicious. Why get rid of a man who was doing everything required without complaint who many of the fans accepted and who was cheap? In hindsight there is no logical reason that involves either football or finances to justify that decision when we look at what has happened since.

Yet another 'mistake' as they had a brief flirtation with trying to bankroll a promotion push with Lambert only to then change their minds completely a few months later?

Or perhaps something more sinister to do with getting out of the embargo and Bowyer not being the man they wanted to oversee the next phase of the project. Presumably Bowyer would expect certain levels of reinvestment or freedom to do his own thing in the transfer market continuing to bring in younger end players who he could develop which didn't sit well with the people upstairs.

Why get rid of a man who kept the team up whilst making them millions in profit on players? Very suspicious behaviour.

Because he'd won 3 games from his previous 17, we were shipping goals at the rate of two a game, he'd already had 3 and a half years and well over 30 signings of his own choice, he was turning on anyone criticising his management - and we were heading for relegation.

• Backroom

I never understand this viewpoint. Rovers is our club, and you're happy for, sorry, who? Paul Lambert? To do us in when we play them next? I'd say you and several others' hate of Venky's is greater than your love for Rovers. There is no justifying that.

He doesn't want Wolves to beat us. Nothing of the sort.

He wants Lambert to succeed (wherever it would be) to stick it to Venkys. It just so happens it may be at our expense because he looks like joining a team in the same league.

Because he'd won 3 games from his previous 17, we were shipping goals at the rate of two a game, he'd already had 3 and a half years and well over 30 signings of his own choice, he was turning on anyone criticising his management - and we were heading for relegation.

Yet Coyle has won 3 games from 15, we are shipping goals every game and are incapable of keeping clean sheets, has made a dozen signings of his own choice (or are they?) in just one transfer window. Whilst we might have been heading for relegation the fact is we hadn't occupied a relegation slot that season until he was sacked.

So its quite obvious Bowyer's footballing performance was not of any relevance because Coyle has since delivered as bad if not worse and doesn't have the credit of being a popular long standing club man or 2 seasons of top half finishes to fall back on, yet here he is as safe as houses with us almost nailed on for the drop.

What has Coyle delivered in his time that Bowyer didn't deliver whilst at the same time making them millions of pounds profit?

Archived