BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Lambert Set To Be Appointed Next Wolves Manager?

Is it just me but i don't get excited by Emnes or Gallagher. That goal was cracking but i watch it and think he's not our player. I can't get excited about any of the players its all temporary, and we are left with the @#/?.

What a state we are in.

Fear not my friend. We'll have Anthony Stokes and Danny Graham spearheading our attack in League One. We may even get a year out of Stokesey in League Two. Shrewd business from Cheston & co.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than likely, along with 3-year Mulgrew. Pay-offs not play-offs!

Yep they'll be acting up - if they aren't already - and Rovers will want them off the wage bill. Great opportunity for someone to step in and offer them 70% of their contracts to leave. Plus commission of course, billed to the club ;)

I never understand this viewpoint. Rovers is our club, and you're happy for, sorry, who? Paul Lambert? To do us in when we play them next? I'd say you and several others' hate of Venky's is greater than your love for Rovers. There is no justifying that.

Wrong! While venkys are here, there is no rovers, just a shell of a club waiting to be peiced back together once the scumdogs have cleared off

On the bright side that'll be Wolves knackered then, he'll come in saying all the right things, do well for five or six games then proceed to lose the dressing room and it'll be all downhill thereafter.

Hopefully he'll be able to take Bennett Ward and Graham off our wage bill in January.

On the bright side that'll be Wolves knackered then, he'll come in saying all the right things, do well for five or six games then proceed to lose the dressing room and it'll be all downhill thereafter.

Hopefully he'll be able to take Bennett Ward and Graham off our wage bill in January.

xgz9nkR.gif

'Head Coach' always a bit worrying when they get that term as it sounds as if someone else is telling them what to do. Not sure how someone like Lambert will cope if that's the case.

Get good backing and time and he'll do ok there although I have a feeling we are about to see the dawn of another bonkers ownership scenario. If I had a spare tenner I'd whack it on him quitting at some point, last chance saloon for him though possibly.

Graham was a loanee last season (and a good one at that). He was not signed permanently by Lambert.

Bowyer, and even Coyle in his short time here, are far more culpable for adding dross to the team.

It'll be interesting to see how he does at Wolves who look a similar basket case of a club to us.

They are the complete opposite to us. Stinking rich and a super agent who has pedigree. don't agree with an agent having a say but sooner have a good un than a bad un

Lambert and money will only go one way, up. Staggered that people couldn't see Bowyer was sending us in the right direction, staggered that people couldn't see Lambert was doing the same.

They are the complete opposite to us. Stinking rich and a super agent who has pedigree. don't agree with an agent having a say but sooner have a good un than a bad un

Lambert and money will only go one way, up. Staggered that people couldn't see Bowyer was sending us in the right direction, staggered that people couldn't see Lambert was doing the same.

I'd argue Bowyer was sending us a very different direction to Lambert.

Our central midfield is still suffering to this day. Guthrie/Akpan. Eurgh. Hell, even Evans was a waste of money.

I'd argue Bowyer was sending us a very different direction to Lambert.

Our central midfield is still suffering to this day. Guthrie/Akpan. Eurgh. Hell, even Evans was a waste of money.

Our highest finish is under Bowyer. missed out on playoffs by the odd goal. Can't argue with what he did for us.

Our highest finish is under Bowyer. missed out on playoffs by the odd goal. Can't argue with what he did for us.

Put Lambert in charge of that squad and play-offs would have been achieved as a minimum. Gaz tried his best, but ultimately he wasn't what we needed and the "stability" damaged the club in the long-term. We needed to get out of the division, not linger in mid-table.

Put Lambert in charge of that squad and play-offs would have been achieved as a minimum. Gaz tried his best, but ultimately he wasn't what we needed and the "stability" damaged the club in the long-term. We needed to get out of the division, not linger in mid-table.

We would be in league 1 now without Bowyer. Anyway irrelevant, owners bigger issue

Rewind 6 years (I wish!!) and the same could've been said of Rovers, Venky's and Anderson. To my mind this Wolves situation - to paraphrase Dave Whelan - doesn't look right and it doesn't feel right.

Time will tell.

We were 2pts off the playoffs in Bowyer's first season. 11pts after that, then the wheels came off completely.

Also, given Bowyer's ability to bottle it against our league rivals, I wouldn't have fancied us even if we had qualified.

Archived