BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

They'll show Shearer. Show us winning the league, Big Al with the trophy. Then Shearer signing for Newcastle, show him scoring goals for them (at a much slower rate) then go on to say that he's still the PL's highest scorer. "But how times and fortunes have changed, Rovers are now struggling for survival, Owen Coyle is hamstrung with a lack of funds despite the owners Venkys putting in 28 billion pounds a season, the club is still 100 million pounds in debt. No such problems at Newcastle with Rafa Benitez etc etc" pass the sick bucket.

We'll not be mentioned until after the match when Expert 1 will say "it's going to be hard for Owen, clearly he doesn't know his arse from his elbow but he does need more time in order to complete the job and get Rovers relegated. We've all got money on them going down after all. Everyone has. Haven't they?"

Haha amusing how predictable the media are isn't it. The first bit would be enjoyable at least.

In any case the general gist is true. Sky will be 10 times as interested in Newcastle's promotion push as our relegation woes and 10 times as interested in the fabulous 7,000-strong away end as in our fans disgruntlement at Venkys and Coyle.

At the end of the day in one week this thread has 45 posts from maybe 30-35 posters. Even our own fans aren't interested in our protests.

The media don't care, opposition fans don't care, many of our own fans don't care and Venkys certainly don't care. In my opinion the only 2 real options left are whether to sit back and focus on the short-term car crash (Coyle) or the long-term car crash (Venkys).

With the first you get to shout some abuse at someone who has to listen at least. But is he really that bad as a target of vitriol? He's just another talentless mercenary, nothing worse than that. And football is packed to the rafters with those.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one guys. Yeah, let's leave Coyle to it. It's not like he has any meaningful impact on anything important like, say, results.

Stuart normally at a normal club yes

however....

bin coyle

the next will be the same

repeat

just a distraction whilst another stays invisible

one who had been there throughout, not just a few months.

All attention on getting Pasha out is what I say

Hes the one

Stuart normally at a normal club yes

however....

bin coyle

the next will be the same

repeat

just a distraction whilst another stays invisible

one who had been there throughout, not just a few months.

All attention on getting Pasha out is what I say

Hes the one

But.

There is no proof that our situation will change if we are relegated. If someone said that Venkys would sell if we are relegated then I would agree, stick with Coyle. Although it's a gamble that anyone would pick up the pieces at a League One Rovers, it's a gamble worth taking to have our club back, and bring some passionate fans back. As it is, relegation will simply mean an even more miserable Ewood, even worse players and no chance of recovery and Venkys still here. As a fanbase I think it's fair to say we have written off ever reaching the PL again. Do we really want to write of the second tier as well?

Jack would be furious at what Venkys et al have done to his club, our club, but he would be weeping at the lack of fans trying to do anything about it.

Just as a strategy for this TV game, I would concentrate all protest on the owners, agents, F.A. etc.

Certain pundits will always defend Coyle,( especially if they are with a certain agency) saying he has had no support.

Whatever our views about Coyle's performance, comments, credibility, suitability, save them for another day...

Just as a strategy for this TV game, I would concentrate all protest on the owners, agents, F.A. etc.

Certain pundits will always defend Coyle,( especially if they are with a certain agency) saying he has had no support.

Whatever our views about Coyle's performance, comments, credibility, suitability, save them for another day...

I would focus it on Pasha 100%

pasha cardboard masks

pasha out banner with his picture

pasha out chants

sky will be forced to discuss this visual demo bringing the scumbag to the fore

however we are boycotting pal so dont matter what we think.

seasonal greetings btw Len

It's such a dilemma.

Right now we are an the slide (another one) and this needs to change.

We can either vent at people who aren't at the club and have accusations of being idiots "they can't hear you, they aren't listening, Venkys Out - we get it";

Or we can vent at those people who are on the pitch or in the dug out. "Coyle Out, you're not fit to wear the shirt, boooo" and look like ingrates.

Personally I think it will be fairly organic and much will depend on how the match it pans out. There is a lot of anger which will initially be aimed at Venkys. A capitulation on the pitch, especially early, will mean that the anger turns on to those on the pitch and mainly Coyle.

Two other factors though: one, many of those who united against Coyle after the Barnsley debacle are those who won't set foot into Ewood so their voices are lost, and, two, we might get a result against Huddersfield. That will be a factor for many.

It's such a dilemma.

Right now we are an the slide (another one) and this needs to change.

We can either vent at people who aren't at the club and have accusations of being idiots "they can't hear you, they aren't listening, Venkys Out - we get it";

Or we can vent at those people who are on the pitch or in the dug out. "Coyle Out, you're not fit to wear the shirt, boooo" and look like ingrates.

Personally I think it will be fairly organic and much will depend on how the match it pans out. There is a lot of anger which will initially be aimed at Venkys. A capitulation on the pitch, especially early, will mean that the anger turns on to those on the pitch and mainly Coyle.

Two other factors though: one, many of those who united against Coyle after the Barnsley debacle are those who won't set foot into Ewood so their voices are lost, and, two, we might get a result against Huddersfield. That will be a factor for many.

Hey Stuart

best wishes for the season

Your response is typical of the split in the fan opinion

why boycott? why protest? venkys cant hear

I am boycotting but I get this POV

dont blame Coyle hes useless but his hands are tied. Get behind the lads....

I get this POV aswell

You might have noticed Venkys have their stooge in place at Ewood calling all of their shots and pulling the strings of the purse, Cheston and Coyle.

He has been in the shadows throughout the Venky tenure i.e despite the various failed managers he has been the ever present common denominator. He also has murky links to Kentaro pre dating Venky takenover.

His name is Suhail Pasha

Fans boycotting or attending should unite to get this scumbag in the media spotlight and have him removed.

Pasha Out

Hey Stuart

best wishes for the season

Your response is typical of the split in the fan opinion

why boycott? why protest? venkys cant hear

I am boycotting but I get this POV

dont blame Coyle hes useless but his hands are tied. Get behind the lads....

I get this POV aswell

You might have noticed Venkys have their stooge in place at Ewood calling all of their shots and pulling the strings of the purse, Cheston and Coyle.

He has been in the shadows throughout the Venky tenure i.e despite the various failed managers he has been the ever present common denominator. He also has murky links to Kentaro pre dating Venky takenover.

His name is Suhail Pasha

Fans boycotting or attending should unite to get this scumbag in the media spotlight and have him removed.

Pasha Out

Cheers Andy. Same to you.

Has it been confirmed anywhere, that Pasha is actually pulling any strings? This seems to be the current popular opinion but we could all be chanting "who are yer" or "Pasha the slasha" or whatever but is anyone going to ask "who is that then?"? And when we spend the next few weeks chasing a ghost and letting Coyle carry on "struggling valiantly under the circumstances", what then? Too late is what then.

This could be our last televised game for some time. It would be good if we could all be directing our ire at the same person and therefore have a vocal presence.

Who? It's very simple for me. At all clubs the manager carries the responsibility for failures on the field, essentially his job is dependent on results or at least consistency in picking up points. At Rovers this last few years it seems to have been everyone but. All of them are 'puppets for someone'. But whilst we have invisible bogeymen who aren't officially recognised as being representative of the club we keep hitting dead ends. Or things are quietly dealt with behind the scenes and the circus rumbles on.

What 'helped' the cause last week was that the team and manager had to file past the away fans after the game. It was Coyle's version of the Kean-On-The-Pitch moment and Ince's Wigan-Away but without a sustained bad run Rovers fans (once infamously described as a jury) are very quick to forgive and forget.

Let's keep it simple and keep it to things that your average Sky Championship viewer will understand. Venkys and their man Coyle.

As I've said my view of the situation is that it will depend on the result tomorrow and how the game plays out on Monday. A win on Saturday and a real battle of a match and we are likely to hear the same folks chanting "We want Venkys Out" and there will be a hundred or so in the BBE for a further half hour and then they'll turn the lights out. Conversely, defeat tomorrow and a couple of early goals with Dwight Gayle cupping his ear to the BBE and that could be the start of some real angry scenes.

BBC NW Tonight are joining us at the Town Hall, before the march, which means

A) We need big numbers or we will look like a minority which were not

B) This is a great chance to guarantee your banners etc are picked up by the cameras.

You should put this in a new topic and ask admin to pin it

It will be poorly attended. End of.

Why do I believe that? Because this is a exact replica of protests that took place in 2011- a time when the rage was fresh and we had 20000+ fans in the ground- pre game matches and post match sit ins attracted a couple of hundred people- I should know, I was on them all!

Recently we had a two pronged protest against Wolves- part 1 was a pre game march, must have been two dozen people. Part 2 was a new approach- an in game organised protest- result? Thousands took part, including fans that would never march at 1.30pm in the afternoon. Excellent use of a captive audience.

So what is organised this time? Another pre/post game event that has failed time and time again, only this time we have 7000 regular matchgoers not 20000. I don't feel good about saying it, it wasn't me that gave up my evenings to organise it and I dearly hope I'm wrong, but surely, 5 years on we need to be smarter than this?

It will be poorly attended. End of.

Why do I believe that? Because this is a exact replica of protests that took place in 2011- a time when the rage was fresh and we had 20000+ fans in the ground- pre game matches and post match sit ins attracted a couple of hundred people- I should know, I was on them all!

Recently we had a two pronged protest against Wolves- part 1 was a pre game march, must have been two dozen people. Part 2 was a new approach- an in game organised protest- result? Thousands took part, including fans that would never march at 1.30pm in the afternoon. Excellent use of a captive audience.

So what is organised this time? Another pre/post game event that has failed time and time again, only this time we have 7000 regular matchgoers not 20000. I don't feel good about saying it, it wasn't me that gave up my evenings to organise it and I dearly hope I'm wrong, but surely, 5 years on we need to be smarter than this?

Given that it is happening, why not just support it?

Of course, not everything will work, but most things have at least a spin off beneficial outcome.

I probably will be doing. I'm part of that diminishing number that always traps up.

But does a bedraggled few dozen (lost in a sea of black and white this time, I imagine) do anything for the cause?

What most worries me is that night at Blakey's, a night in which people seemed to be fizzing with ideas has just dissipated completely and we are back in our comfort zone.

Today I went the game

First time this season

paid 20 on the turnstile no coin to venky

no anti coyle chants

muted venkys out chants on 2 occasions in second half for a few seconds

otherwise fairly quiet

Will take a mighty effort to get a couple of hundred who can be assed to march from town

Today I went the game

First time this season

paid 20 on the turnstile no coin to venky

no anti coyle chants

muted venkys out chants on 2 occasions in second half for a few seconds

otherwise fairly quiet

Will take a mighty effort to get a couple of hundred who can be assed to march from town

How did the right back Nyambe play Andy ?

Archived