BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've beaten them once, we can do it again.

Also lets not forget you have 55,000 at home every week and take 7000 away, but if you win nothing it counts for nothing.

What they'd give to have had a 25yrs like we've just had.

Thanks Jack.

Gav admire your optimism especially having seen a resolute performance at St James's that gave me false hope.

We promptly we got 2 points out the next 18.

Newcastle cannot play as badly again. They will surely not repeat the mistake of not playing Gayle

Gav even if we do win the long term trend will not go away.

The club have gone backwards since the incompetent ones arrived. That is not going to change until they finally throw the towel in.

It is only pride that stops them from doing the decent thing now.

I can now see us playing well and losing by the odd goal today with sympathy pouring out for Coyle and the 30 mill a season to keep the club going lie as well.

Sooner or later there'll be some kind of PR driven backlash towards Rovers fans, strange that we are the only ones who really seem to get it in the neck and are expected to just sit back and support the continuing con job.

Rovers 1 Toon 2

17.878 (14k in real terms)

We fluked the repeat of one flukey result (1-1 v Huddersfield)

Let's see if lightening strikes twice in front of a second impassioned crowd of Geordies. Expect infiltration all round Ewood by the way- not that humbugs are difficult to spot on empty blue seats....

With the four teams immediately above us at home with what look like winnable games the points gap could become greater by this evening. From a psychological point of view each week the points difference grows it represents another nail in the relegation coffin.

And the band played on.................

You could look at it, that we are expected to get nothing today. Whereas the teams just above us with winnable games, if they don't win them, then they have dropped potential points.

My old man just rang to say he has been listening to radio rovers and the ground staff are still working on some areas of the pitch which have been affected by frost.

Which begs the question - would undersoil hearing not completely negate any risk from frost? If so has its use been stopped in order to reduce costs?

I have no idea and just throwing it out there

Think they have to switch under soil heating off a good while before the game so there's always a chance of bits refreezing also they can't have it on all the time it cooks the grass.

They were supposed to have invested in those movable heat lamps and ground covers as well though. The groundstaff at Ewood are probably some of the only ones who earn their corn there these days.

Are you doing the march from town?

No I'm not. If you had read any of my posts you would know that I had to give up golf because of walking problems. What sort of answer is that to my comments re Pasha who you appear to have an obsession with.

We've beaten them once, we can do it again.

Also lets not forget you have 55,000 at home every week and take 7000 away, but if you win nothing it counts for nothing.

What they'd give to have had a 25yrs like we've just had.

Thanks Jack.

Yes Gav. No matter where we are now we had our day in the sun and I appreciate that. We had something that most football fans, and certainly Dingles, will never experience in their lives. A Premier League championship!

Shearer writing in the Sun today about the best/worst of 2016.

His hope for 2017 is that his old club Blackburn can get out of trouble, and that relegation to league one is down to mismanagement on and off the pitch.

Do you have a link please?

Half a dozen Newcastle coaches parked 50 yards from my house.

They tend to go to Leyland and Chorley pre match. Chorley were expecting about 1,000 in the town centre today.

They were piling into the Fox and Hounds as I passed Ewood at 11:45

This is the sort of Premier League type income lost to businesses in Blackburn and the locality.

Thank you Venkys for helping to damage the local economy.

My old man just rang to say he has been listening to radio rovers and the ground staff are still working on some areas of the pitch which have been affected by frost.

Which begs the question - would undersoil hearing not completely negate any risk from frost? If so has its use been stopped in order to reduce costs?

I have no idea and just throwing it out there

The ground staff at Ewood do a good job given the lack of investment in the Ewood infrastructure. The Venkys need to invest in some of those Japanese heated, self cleaning toilet seats in order to entice the fans back. They really are cheapskates.

I think the best value today is Newcastle -1 which last time I looked was 11/8. Another value bet to drown the sorrows could be for Gayle to score two or more which is 5/1/ Lets hope that all these bets fail and we pull off a shock win though.

• Backroom

250 fans are walking from the town centre on protest march according to LT reporter

Credit to those involved but we need to add to it in the game. Make some anti-Venky noise!

Archived