BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

I have litle time for Lowe and his speciality of sideways/backwards passing and a few hoofballs to spice it up.

However his selection as Captain can only be based on time spent at Ewood and not on inspirational leadership qualities.

Quite early on in the second half after a combined cockup with his fullback he gave Nyambe a verbal earbashing public enough to be picked up by Sky. IF it was Nyambe's sole faul - and I do not think it was - then a 'quiet word' would have been enough. Nyambe's game comletely fell apart after this forcing Coyle to sub him and save him and us further embarassment.

As an aside I saw Mulgrew on a couple of occasions have a word with Lowe for his poor choice of passing, completely justified might I add, as both times it led to us losing the ball when there were other passes on.

Someone that looks like he has some class and composure on the ball, must be frustrating for Charlie.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Savage was actually proficient at harassing and needling the opposition. Lowe runs around a lot but doesn't impose himself on a game. Technically Savage was much better than Lowe, as well.

At best, Lowe is a utility player. He makes up the numbers and can fill in at full-back. The fact he's a mainstay in the side and club captain just shows how far we've fallen.

Savage had a knack of popping up with a goal every now and then, he could also take a half decent set piece.

However his selection as Captain can only be based on time spent at Ewood and not on inspirational leadership qualities.

Quite early on in the second half after a combined cockup with his fullback he gave Nyambe a verbal earbashing public enough to be picked up by Sky. IF it was Nyambe's sole faul - and I do not think it was - then a 'quiet word' would have been enough. Nyambe's game comletely fell apart after this forcing Coyle to sub him and save him and us further embarassment.

If the lad can't take a bollocking off his captain (irrespective of Lowe's suitability) without his game falling apart then perhaps he's in the wrong game.

If the lad can't take a bollocking off his captain (irrespective of Lowe's suitability) without his game falling apart then perhaps he's in the wrong game.

I can't disagree with that but they are sensitive souls these days. In this instance I think Nyambe's thoughts were along the lines 'you gave me the s-hit pass mon Capitan' and the fact it was the non-footballer named Lowe.

Mulgrew should without doubt be captain.

Played at Champions League and international level, so should command the respect of the players and looks to have actual leadership qualities.

With the complete state the club is in we are lucky to have him, so lets use him to the full.

Mulgrew should without doubt be captain.

Played at Champions League and international level, so should command the respect of the players and looks to have actual leadership qualities.

With the complete state the club is in we are lucky to have him, so lets use him to the full.

Fully agreed. Problem is he is made of glass; which is the only reason why he's wound up here.

How long have you been watching? You probably know a lot. Enough to have an opinion anyway.

20 years. So not as long as many, but enough, yeah. I definitely feel like I can tell a good player from a bad player. But to understand the subtleties of how to properly play a position at a professional level? Probably not. To me, central midfield seems like the most complex position on the field. Just a shame our players seem to make it look even more difficult.

Archived