BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

I today missed my first protest in 6 years,

Partly because I has a CT Scan this morning after being diagnosed with C.O.P.D a few weeks back and me requiring further test, which meant I would not possibly be able to walk that far.

To come home and read the abuse from protestors on facebook because I missed one protest , makes me kind of glad I went today and just enjoyed the match.

After years of marching , protesting I have come to the conclusion it has had zero effect , however if people want others to join in, they will never achieve that by blasting others because the turn out was low.

On to the game, it felt great to see us actually get a bit of luck and bag 3 unlikely points

It's not worth risking your health for Glen. Take it easy and get well soon mate.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nyambe started well in the first half until he got caught under the ball and let the guy sneak in behind him and Steele had to parry a shot away. After that he got nervy and was shocking for the rest of the game. At least Coyle realised he was having a bit of a 'mare and pulled him off, whilst strengthening the midfield tenfold at the same time.

I said yesterday I hadn't formed an opinion on Nyambe and it's still to early. However let's not pretend he did OK today. He was poor but it's still early days.

It's not like he's been an almost ever-present during the Venkys downward spiral of hell.

Chaddy - Emnes did not/does not work hard. He won a free kick but was a passenger for nearly the whole game.

PB- they didn't all "give 100% for the shirt". Feeney and Emnes look half arsed to me to name but two, Conway is not fit enough.

Lowe, Mulgrew, Greer, Graham and a couple more worked hard but we are so hampered by a lack of quality but most importantly - a ridiculously poorly organised setup that seems to forget the basics. Any team with more luck or some cutting edge would've been out of sight within 45 mins of both the last games.

I today missed my first protest in 6 years,

Partly because I has a CT Scan this morning after being diagnosed with C.O.P.D a few weeks back and me requiring further test, which meant I would not possibly be able to walk that far.

To come home and read the abuse from protestors on facebook because I missed one protest , makes me kind of glad I went today and just enjoyed the match.

After years of marching , protesting I have come to the conclusion it has had zero effect , however if people want others to join in, they will never achieve that by blasting others because the turn out was low.

On to the game, it felt great to see us actually get a bit of luck and bag 3 unlikely points

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis Glen. Avoid stress if you possibly can in this strange world we all inhabit.

Taking no notice of morons who don't count will help. You have nothing to explain.

Beaver away in the background.

Is it just me?

I thought Danny Graham was awful he was like a statue in comparison to Emnes, but I guess you can only see so much on Tv.

He looked shattered for the last 15 minutes. I'd have took him off and put Stokes on in a like for like swap as it would have helped us defend better from the front and allow Emnes to keep busy between the striker and midfield.

I thought taking Emnes (who was getting on the ball in midfield towards the end) off for Brown was risky but fortunately the ball never went out for the 5 minutes Brown was waiting to come on.

Very good post TBTF. Looking at the Darwen End rampacked with 7000 Geordies who've travelled 3 hours to follow their team despite it being live on TV then seeing barely the same number of Hardy souls dotted around the home areas you start to wonder whether anyone would ever want to risk theirs or someone else's fortune taking us over.

Hopefully one day someone will.

Ha! Blame the supporters for this shambles? Bloody joke!

Chaddy - Emnes did not/does not work hard. He won a free kick but was a passenger for nearly the whole game.

PB- they didn't all "give 100% for the shirt". Feeney and Emnes look half arsed to me to name but two, Conway is not fit enough.

Emnes was all over the park, full off running, came deep Looking for the ball, you must have been watching a different game to me.

WTF's a lazy protest eddy?

I think you know exactly what one is. I don't think the organisers even bothered to actually think about what to do, it seems like they went to the meeting for a few beers rather than to organise a protest.

If I said 'the next protest we should walk from the Cathedral to Ewood!' that would be a lazy protest.

• Backroom

Lowe, Mulgrew, Greer, Graham and a couple more worked hard but we are so hampered by a lack of quality but most importantly - a ridiculously poorly organised setup that seems to forget the basics. Any team with more luck or some cutting edge would've been out of sight within 45 mins of both the last games.

No, apparently this was genius tactics and we're on the verge of turning that elusive corner. Again.

Come up with a different idea and you may get taken more seriously.

If you read above I did. Let's do a march from the cathedral to Ewood! That would be really creative and impactful, wouldn't it?

You are missing the point mate.

I don't think anyone is saying he's the finished article. But in the absence of several key defenders he's been an option. He will make mistakes, didn't you when you first started work?

I saw him at Leeds in the EFL Cup and he actually played pretty well in the centre of defence against a useful Leeds side.

Why spoil an excellent result by having a pop at individual players?

The stance I'm taking udders is that having seen him constantly over the past three years or so, and in that time he's hardly shown any improvement since three years ago and what with the current climate at the club I don't want to knock the lad but for the good of our team he's simply not good enough.

The mark down 2017 Richard Brown version coming with one of the worst coaching set ups in the professional game.

Chaddy your having a laugh !

• Backroom

I'm all for supporting local acts but I think those cheerleaders need to add a few more moves into their repertoire! Enjoyed the dog joining in though

Very good post TBTF. Looking at the Darwen End rampacked with 7000 Geordies who've travelled 3 hours to follow their team despite it being live on TV then seeing barely the same number of Hardy souls dotted around the home areas you start to wonder whether anyone would ever want to risk theirs or someone else's fortune taking us over.

Hopefully one day someone will.

Stop being obtuse. The matchday turnout is a symptom of Venky ownership

Putting the "blaming of fans" to one side.....Great and a very unexpected result. Another twenty odd more needed. Fully expect the defence to return to it's old self sooner rather than later though :(

I think you know exactly what one is. I don't think the organisers even bothered to actually think about what to do, it seems like they went to the meeting for a few beers rather than to organise a protest.

If I said 'the next protest we should walk from the Cathedral to Ewood!' that would be a lazy protest.

Maybe arrange to get 200 parachuted in by the RAF for the next protest, but even then you'd still have people moaning eddy.

Well done to the protest organisers.

I thought both the march and the post match protests were worthwhile. Some people believe protests will change nothing but it's the only weapon I've got in my armoury so I will continue to support all protests.

In between the protests I watched the game in the Brown Cow. Just after half time about 10 Geordies came in after deciding they would rather have a few more drinks than watch the rest of the match! I must admit, they seemed to enjoy the day despite the defeat which they took very well indeed.

If you read above I did. Let's do a march from the cathedral to Ewood! That would be really creative and impactful, wouldn't it?

I agree whole heartedly with your previous comments about legalities and everything having to be done in cooperation with the club.

The element of surprise loses much of the impact.

Charlton have shown the way.

If we are in this position/ or worse come April and May, i'd expect emotions to overcome people and that's when things could really explode.

I was heartened by the scenes at Barnsley.

The messages and sentiments were clear.

It offered me hope.

Maybe Away games are the place for protesting?

Steve Kean had Man Utd on New Year's Eve which cemented his job and ultimately lead to our relegation. This has done the same for Coyle and I'm sure will result in the same overall outcome.

Not really though, he was unsackable. That win changed nowt.

Archived