BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

Well I never felt more like singing the blues, the Rovers win and Burnley lose ......

Nothing that happened today will have any affect on when the Rao's go.

Your seeing it from inside the box though.

Here we were today with Sky in town and global exposure on every available sports TV set to let anyone know whos watching what these have done to a once great club.

15,000 have walked over the last few years to leave a core of 7,000 in the ground. Look at the ground today and all the empty advertising hoarding stuff on the tier of the grounds empty or spread out evenly spaced. Even the sponsors have had enough.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your seeing it from inside the box though.

Here we were today with Sky in town and global exposure on every available sports TV set to let anyone know whos watching what these have done to a once great club.

15,000 have walked over the last few years to leave a core of 7,000 in the ground. Look at the ground today and all the empty advertising hoarding stuff on the tier of the grounds empty of evenly spaced. Even the sponsors have had enough.

Yes it was an ideal time, yet again, to really show the world that Blackburn fans have had enough but nothing of any consequence happened yet again.

Now you can all go back to your squabbling and name calling. The fans aren't responsible for any of this mess and, sadly, won't be responsible enough to end it.

There needs to be more protests.

No there really doesn't need to be more protests. There needs to be effective protests.

Really good win. Players played well. I think we are a little too defensive in the 2 games. But it got 4 points.

We were lucky but goals wins games. Mulgrew's free kick was class.

Thought turning point was Evans coming on and Lowe going back to right back. Thought Nyambe was decent 1st half but second half starting to panic and get nervous.

Graham was very good at closing down and holding the ball up plus getting fouls.

Steele did make 4 good saves today.

Newcastle's current squad cost £140m, how much did ours cost? Their current manager has won 9 major trophies, including the UEFA Cup twice and the Champions League, and he spent the first half of last season managing Real Madrid.

Football isn't golf. You don't just look at your performance and that's that. Your ability to perform depends hugely on the quality of the opposition and we played a squad/manager combination every bit as good as ours under Souness in 2000/01. A combo that we've now done the double over.

You going on about what the club used to be, saying you didn't rate Lambert, your absurdly harsh ratings (Greer a 5!!), the helping the enemy attack on our own fans and your total dismissal of a very strong opposition points to one of the most disconnected from reality viewpoints I've seen on here in a while. But then through the protest campaign a few months ago you were posting 10 times a day saying Venkys were on the verge of being forced out so I guess a warped reality shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

well said SKH. There must be loads on here who must have had their new year properly wrecked by us winning today. Nobody can forgive what Venkys have done to our Club but the attitude of some posters does my head in. We are rag , tag and bobtail of a team now, thrown together at next to no cost comparatively, they work their nuts off to grind out a result against a top team who have spent zillions and then people on here start hammering them for their lack of ability. For Christ sake DunnFC, we have just done the double over them and you describe it as ''utterly dire and shameful'' and ''didn't manage 2 forward passes''.

We all know this doesn't get better with these loons still owning us but at least give the team a break. We know its not exactly Sutton and Shearer but honestly what do you expect with zero money spent on the squad? Maybe if you got off your arse and went to support them we might stand more of a chance. I hate venkys with a passion for what they've done but it worries me immensely that with barely 7000 of our own fans attending even people like the ian's would think twice about what they were doing. Sometimes I think we deserve Venkys

Very good post TBTF. Looking at the Darwen End rampacked with 7000 Geordies who've travelled 3 hours to follow their team despite it being live on TV then seeing barely the same number of Hardy souls dotted around the home areas you start to wonder whether anyone would ever want to risk theirs or someone else's fortune taking us over.

Hopefully one day someone will.

Yes it was an ideal time, yet again, to really show the world that Blackburn fans have had enough but nothing of any consequence happened yet again.

Now you can all go back to your squabbling and name calling. The fans aren't responsible for any of this mess and, sadly, won't be responsible enough to end it.

No there really doesn't need to be more protests. There needs to be effective protests.

What other forms of protest do you want to see?

Ultimately there is next to nothing we can do. We can't force change regardless of how many boycotts or marches are arranged. If they cared about our opinion they'd have sold us years ago.

I have no problem with people protesting but equally I don't like to see fans point the finger of blame at other Rovers' supporters. Keep things in perspective.

Great new year TBTF and I sincerely hope 2017 is a good one for you too and the rest of BRFCC!

Rag tag side, it's been allowed because the destruction of this club has been allowed happen and almost quietly, no matter what the owners have done some fans will always say well we cant forgive them, or they were badly advised or just get behind the lads etc. I'm not supporting an utter fraud which to me looks like taking the absolute P*** out of many a good fan past and present. The game today which of course was an outstanding and much needed result was a performance so dire, there was no enjoyment for me, i don't care how much a player costs or where they come from you should be able to tackle or pass consecutively, if your earning x amount a week then the least i expect of a player is 100% out of them.

The team doesn't deserve a break, they've been quick pre xmas telling us all about how we need to defend ala Graham and Coyle suggesting relegation will not happen but it's 2017 and we occupy the bottom 3 as we have done all season. Move up the league as allegedly Cheston's comment i.e top half wage bill and fans might ease off a little.

Get of my backside.. I'l buy my ST again when the clowns have gone of what i will promise! I'll even supply the lads for a lick of paint and a clean to the ground so i don't have to sit in the grime i did earlier this season.

Some of you lot are clueless,Lowes all over the place trying to break up play, he's one of the better performers in blue n white.

He was @#/?.

Big mention to those who took banners at least a handful playing there part. Shame about the others whom are sat there doing g the square root of FA

Conway is always like this. A winger without any stamina that's why he didn't play in a lambert team.

What were you doing?

He was @#/?.

What were you doing?

He was indeed. Out of position many times and got bypassed many time. He did put a couple of crunching tackles in but as ever it was because he was running back trying to cover his lack of positioning in the first place.

Once the awful Nyambe (in distribution terms) was removed after giving the ball away once too many, we improved sharply by getting Lowe out of the middle and actually putting a limited midfielder on the pitch that can look forward, pass to for his own men and hold his position a bit.

And to prove I'm not bitter about all things, Steele was excellent, Mulgrew is proving far better than expected, Greer had a good game and Williams also did a job.

The front 3 look like they can cause problems when they have the ball in and around the box but often feed off hoofs up to them. We can't get possession and move the ball into the danger zone. We desperately need to get shut of Byrne if he's not playing and get 2 new bodies into that midfield 4 in January. Whilst we have faults everywhere, it's that area which embarrasses us every game.

Steele - 10 - Faultless today. He'll not have a better match all season.

Nyambe - 2 - Terrible. Can't pass, can't tackle, out of position all the time. Looked like a boy against men. Taking him off the pitch changed the game for the better.

Greer - 6 - Composed, did a good job.

Mulgrew - 7 - One of very few proper footballers in our team.

Williams - 5 - Caught out more than once, but did alright.

Feeney - 3 - Our rare attacks quickly broke down once he got the ball. Terrible footballer.

Lowe - 5 - Ran around a lot, and dat tackle. Game changed for the better once he moved to right back.

Akpan - 5 - Worked hard, but was bypassed for most of the match.

Conway - 3 - Barely involved before getting injured.

Graham - 3 - Forgot he was on the pitch.

Emnes - 5 - Tried to get involved, won the foul that got us the goal.

Subs:

Evans - 7 - A positive impact after coming on. Brought composure to a midfield that was severely lacking for most of the match.

Gallagher - 5 - Could have put us one up before Mulgrew's free kick. Didn't do too much otherwise.

Brown - N/A - Not on for long enough to rate.

Overall, it's both hilarious and bizarre that we've robbed six points from the best team in the division despite being objectively terrible in every way. I don't know how to feel about it. It was a shambolic performance reminiscent of a non-league team in a cup tie, but ultimately the result is all that matters.

Jason Steele and Newcastle's lack of bottle won us the match. Honestly, though, we all know what's coming in the next few matches... so might as well enjoy this one.

Steele was faultless? Did you not see him flap at a cross in the 1st half? Mulgrew 7? What did he do wrong all game? Greer 6? Were you watching the same game as me?

What other forms of protest do you want to see?

Ultimately there is next to nothing we can do. We can't force change regardless of how many boycotts or marches are arranged. If they cared about our opinion they'd have sold us years ago.

I have no problem with people protesting but equally I don't like to see fans point the finger of blame at other Rovers' supporters. Keep things in perspective.

I've posted my preferred form of protesting more than once.

Did you miss this? "The fans aren't responsible for any of this mess"

Really good win. Players played well. I think we are a little too defensive in the 2 games. But it got 4 points.

Thought turning point was Evans coming on and Lowe going back to right back. Thought Nyambe was decent 1st half but second half starting to panic and get nervous.

Graham was very good at closing down and holding the ball up plus getting fouls.

The players gave 100 percent we got out of jail it was like small club v a big club in a one off cup tie.. We needed that to keep us alive.. Sometimes it happens for you today it did... Jason Steele was fantastic..

But unfortunately it doesn't change anything under these shysters

Btw there was a certain ex footballer sat in front of me who commented how awful Jason Lowe is.. I won't mention his name on here

It doesn't matter about the cost of a side especially when you fail to address even the basics during 90 minutes. Shall we tell Nigel Clough at Burton to accept relegation because his Burton side earn per week a fraction of our ramble? What about Brighton who's squad is a fraction of Newcastle's? They are deservedly top this evening. Forget who there manager is it's irrelevant what he has won, his side today was wayward and looked ill-set up for a Championship game.

Your ability to perform is how well you set a team up, how reactive to situations you are throughout the game and season which to date we are still in the bottom 3, so where is this ability when you have a Burton side above you in the league? Do you not concur that we are massively under performing which is evident to me.

Harsh ratings? We were sh1t today and got lucky. Disconnected view point, wake up SKH! You used to be a good poster. I don't want to get drawn into a personal battle with you but if you could point out those ten posts per day for me?

It doesn't matter about the cost of a side or who their manager is? So you'd fancy Darwen FC to put in a good performance against Guardiola's all-conquering Barcelona team 5 years ago as long as they'd set up well and reacted to situations throughout the game?

Clubs can buck the trend, but by definition it isn't normal to buck the trend. Rovers of 2001-10 wasn't normal, it was 3 great managers and any time we got a bad one we were immediately in danger of relegation. That was us significantly overachieving and this is us somewhat, but not by as much, underachieving.

So lets get realistic, this is now a bottom half Championship squad. We've sold player after player after player for the last 6 years, each time we've got worse and now we're not even good for this league. I don't understand how fans don't get this by now, surely there's been enough time to adjust expectations to match our new reality.

Don't get me wrong, I want Coyle out but there's a reason a good manager like Lambert didn't have us rocketing up the league so fast you could see the flames on our backside. We're a tough job for anyone and shouldn't consider ourselves too superior to enjoy an ugly win against top of the league no matter who our manager is.

Not absolutely thrilled by the result.

Obviously, if you were in the ground like me, I’m sure you jumped for joy when Mulgrew’s free kick went in, turning to the Geordies with a smug wave. If not, then you must have a heart of stone.

But obviously, a plaster on a gangrenous club that is rotten to the core.

So 7000 Geordies travel and it’s evidence of a wondrous fan base whilst we only have a few hardy souls so obviously don’t deserve a sugar daddy. Takes but a few rational seconds to unpick that nonsense.

Think some have been a bit harsh on Graham. Not his biggest fan but thought he gave a lot of effort today. Mulgrew clearly has the class and calms others around him.

Nyambe's crap !!!! let's hope Conning can move him on out of the club asap as he's had since the start of last season to nail the full back spot that nobodyseems competent of filling other tHan Ben Marshall.

Nyambe out along with Coyle and Venkys !

He was indeed. Out of position many times and got bypassed many time. He did put a couple of crunching tackles in but as ever it was because he was running back trying to cover his lack of positioning in the first place.

Once the awful Nyambe (in distribution terms) was removed after giving the ball away once too many, we improved sharply by getting Lowe out of the middle and actually putting a limited midfielder on the pitch that can look forward, pass to for his own men and hold his position a bit.

And to prove I'm not bitter about all things, Steele was excellent, Mulgrew is proving far better than expected, Greer had a good game and Williams also did a job.

The front 3 look like they can cause problems when they have the ball in and around the box but often feed off hoofs up to them. We can't get possession and move the ball into the danger zone. We desperately need to get shut of Byrne if he's not playing and get 2 new bodies into that midfield 4 in January. Whilst we have faults everywhere, it's that area which embarrasses us every game.

Good summary.

Although I rate Conway, particularly for his work rate and drive, I thought the enforced change to bring Gallagher on helped us.

I was quite worried too when I saw Wes Brown on the touchline. Luckily the ball took an age to go dead so he didn't have long to invited pressure on us. Always a danger too that the ref gets to add on some Fergie time at his discretion with an injury time sub. (The ref had a decent game in the main).

All in all a good day at Ewood after so many bad ones this season. Tomorrow we can call for Coyle's head again.

When you organise crap protests, you get crap turnouts.

You talk cr@p.

Anyway back to the game, if you can't enjoy a win like today's you may as well pack it in, simple as that.

Clubs fooked, owners a ****s, manager a **** and we still sent 7000 deluded Mags home with their tails between their legs.

Great effort.

Great new year TBTF and I sincerely hope 2017 is a good one for you too and the rest of BRFCC!

Rag tag side, it's been allowed because the destruction of this club has been allowed happen and almost quietly, no matter what the owners have done some fans will always say well we cant forgive them, or they were badly advised or just get behind the lads etc. I'm not supporting an utter fraud which to me looks like taking the absolute P*** out of many a good fan past and present. The game today which of course was an outstanding and much needed result was a performance so dire, there was no enjoyment for me, i don't care how much a player costs or where they come from you should be able to tackle or pass consecutively, if your earning x amount a week then the least i expect of a player is 100% out of them.

The team doesn't deserve a break, they've been quick pre xmas telling us all about how we need to defend ala Graham and Coyle suggesting relegation will not happen but it's 2017 and we occupy the bottom 3 as we have done all season. Move up the league as allegedly Cheston's comment i.e top half wage bill and fans might ease off a little.

Get of my backside.. I'l buy my ST again when the clowns have gone of what i will promise! I'll even supply the lads for a lick of paint and a clean to the ground so i don't have to sit in the grime i did earlier this season.

Yes they have destroyed it-without any hint of a doubt. I don't share the view that Coyle is an utter fraud. Incompetent yes but I actually think he is doing the best HE can within his limited abilities. But people come up with sh1te about him being part of a conspiracy or a plan to get us relegated..Nonsense, he is just not very good. But we are stuck with him and players of limited ability because they are cheap and because of what we have been reduced to by Venkys...no other reason. That why all the venom must go towards the owners not Coyle and the players. If we can ever force them out then its fair to assume Coyle and most of these players will be replaced anyway.

We will just have to agree to differ but whilst I hate those bar stewards with a passion I will always want my team to win . I just worry that a lot on here actually quite enjoy a defeat or two. I just cant sign up to that I'm afraid. As for you having to sit in the grime .....I have heard it all.

The players gave 100 percent we got out of jail it was like small club v a big club in a one off cup tie.. We needed that to keep us alive.. Sometimes it happens for you today it did... Jason Steele was fantastic..

But unfortunately it doesn't change anything under these shysters

Btw there was a certain ex footballer sat in front of me who commented how awful Jason Lowe is.. I won't mention his name on here

Good to hear that Steele has had a decent game as for JLOWE what a shame there are rumours behind the scenes of the club willing to take a paltry 180k for Joe Rankin Costello whilst JLOWE runs around pretending to be a footballer killing Rovers supporters dreams.

Non leagues beckon for Jason Lowe.

Ultimate smash and grab. No chances at all apart from the goal which was a total howler from their goalie. But ....ha... great to see.

And the shot Gallagher put just wide from the edge of the box.

You talk cr@p.

Anyway back to the game, if you can't enjoy a win like today's you may as well pack it in, simple as that.

Clubs fooked, owners a ****s, manager a **** and we still sent 7000 deluded Mags home with their tails between their legs.

Great effort.

What is a march going to achieve? It hasn't achieved anything whenever we've tried it. For the record I was on the first couple of marches. When Sky are in town, the logical thing to do would be to hold a protest within the ground (like we did against Wolves). That's seems to be too difficult to work out for the organisers for some reason.

Archived