BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

yep and when Burnley do it , its classed as brilliant. 27% possession against Liverpool and its a fabulously gritty win. We do it, and its because Newcastle were sh1t or we goy lucky!!

You thought our performance was gritty? We were @#/?, we rode our luck through 90 % of the game and once we scored Newcastle lost impetus 9 times out of 10 they would have mullered us in that game

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You thought our performance was gritty? We were @#/?, we rode our luck through 90 % of the game and once we scored Newcastle lost impetus 9 times out of 10 they would have mullered us in that game

I think you can only say 8 out 10 times since we've done it twice now ! But you are right

Funny that I remember yelling at him to go for the ball and he just watched on more than one occasion. Bit of both I suppose.

He also missed Lowe pulling down Gayle in the area, clear pen I thought. Still we have had more than our share of no calls Better officials than usual spot on with the dis allowed goals.

It makes me lol reading a few of the comments on here they seem to be looking for a reason that we should not have won I thought referee decision were supposed to balance them selves out over a season we have had some bad ones , and lower possession percentages mean nothing as over half the winning side in yesterdays championship games had the least of the possession.

Funny that I remember yelling at him to go for the ball and he just watched on more than one occasion. Bit of both I suppose.

Think he tired himself out towards the end, but out of the 2 I thought Graham coasted through the game, statuesque for long periods, but my mate who went was full of praise for Danny.

Opinions eh USA....

• Backroom

In fairness to the forwards, it was extremely difficult for them to be effective when our strategy was ultra defensive. The only time they had a chance to do something was after Evans came on and Lowe went to right back, it's no coincidence that Emnes suddenly had a chance to win a free kick near the opponent's box.

Come on , you cant say they didn't battle. Limited yes but they didn't shirk it.

Well, the obvious answer is that Burnley were lucky as well. Difference is they are in the PL, successful and able to win against teams in and around them. Look at their home record.

There's a reason we are where we are, and it isn't because Coyle is some kind of tactical mastermind. Sorry.

Not saying he is DE. But Burnley get lauded for the results they get -check out the stats on the great point they got at Man utd. I don't think Burnley fans will give a sh1te about how it came about but they celebrate their good fortune. half the people on here slag us off for any good fortune we get.

I am in no way an apologist-I hate these scum for what they have done but I still wonder why so many of our so called fans seem to revel in defeat for the team . Sorry but I cant share the excitement of my team losing or being in the mire like this MB seems to thrive on. The reason we are where we are DE is down to Venkys and Venkys alone. A fish rots from its head. They have caused one calamitous feck up after another with no sign of it stopping That's got nothing to do with the efforts of the 11 out on the pitch though the actual quality of the 11 on the pitch very much does..

• Backroom

Not saying he is DE. But Burnley get lauded for the results they get -check out the stats on the great point they got at Man utd. I don't think Burnley fans will give a sh1te about how it came about but they celebrate their good fortune. half the people on here slag us off for any good fortune we get.

I am in no way an apologist-I hate these scum for what they have done but I still wonder why so many of our so called fans seem to revel in defeat for the team . Sorry but I cant share the excitement of my team losing or being in the mire like this MB seems to thrive on. The reason we are where we are DE is down to Venkys and Venkys alone. A fish rots from its head. They have caused one calamitous feck up after another with no sign of it stopping That's got nothing to do with the efforts of the 11 out on the pitch though the actual quality of the 11 on the pitch very much does..

There really is no comparison. Burnley are playing in the Premier League, facing teams who all have serious cash to spend. We're in the Championship, where Newcastle aside most clubs are dealing with batshit insane owners and dire squads capable of little more than hoofing the ball and running around a lot.

Nobody is reveling in Rovers decline that I can see. I see this accusation banded about a lot by posters but fail to see any evidence to support it. Most people, as far as I can see, are either furious or have become totally apathetic to everything happening at Ewood. That's not the same as being excited to see the team lose, I don't believe there's a single poster on here who you could legitimately throw that accusation at. The only difference is that some are able to ignore the bigger picture, and others can't. Obviously that's going to taint a person's perception, but in doesn't mean either camp cares more or less about the club. We all want Rovers to do well.

Come on , you cant say they didn't battle. Limited yes but they didn't shirk it.

Yes they battled in the second half, remember the commentator saying that we didn't make one foul in the first half, they battled mainly when they took the lead

If we hadn't given him time to develop, Rovers would have lost Simon Garner. He was being sold, as it was deemed he wouldn't make it, but decided to turn down the move and battle for a place in the side. The rest as they say is history. The professionals get it wrong and we have plenty of examples of that, so fans with an opinion, will get it wrong even more.

The fans got it wrong eh !

Did you read the point that I made that I'd not seen any improvement in Nyambe over the past three years might add that I've watched him down at Brockhall over these past three years on and off.

Who works at Brockhall that can improve him 1arC ?

That's why he should be loaned out like they used to but methinks there's money to be made once someone gets them a full time Ewood contract and it doesn't matter if they then do nowt the wages are in the bank.

I suppose that happens at other places as well thouugh.

The fans got it wrong eh !

Did you read the point that I made that I'd not seen any improvement in Nyambe over the past three years might add that I've watched him down at Brockhall over these past three years on and off.

Who works at Brockhall that can improve him 1arC ?

There are a number of us who have watched him regularly at Brockhall, Leigh, Leyland and any number of Under-21/23 away games and who believe he has the makings of a decent player for this club. There are a number of decent coaches at the Academy although you seem to have a personal agenda against the club at that level for some reason.

There are a number of us who have watched him regularly at Brockhall, Leigh, Leyland and any number of Under-21/23 away games and who believe he has the makings of a decent player for this club. There are a number of decent coaches at the Academy although you seem to have a personal agenda against the club at that level for some reason.

If you've watched him like me then you'd honestly claim that he's no different today than he was two three years ago and that's including his dip. As for the academy I've got a great deal of respect for the guys down there.

ParsonBlue, Jal is an agent. Upset at these players arent with your agency

Cheers chaddy you made me smile !

If you've watched him like me then you'd honestly claim that he's no different today than he was two three years ago and that's including his dip. As for the academy I've got a great deal of respect for the guys down there.

Cheers chaddy you made me smile !

I must disagree with you. I think his performance at Leeds this season showed just how much he has improved this season over last. It was a very mature performance in the centre of defence alongside Lenihan. Two young players who are the future of this club. All young players will make mistakes and he is far from the finished article, but given time and first team football, he will be a valuable player for the club, particularly as the days of paying money for players has long gone. Bringing through our own is the way forward and there is a decent crop coming through.

How can any young player at Ewood be called "the future of the club"? A future at another club maybe.

Any young player showing promise will attract attention from other clubs who will be aware that anyone is for sale at Rovers at bargain prices just to keep the club afloat for a few more weeks.

Don't get any sense of attachment to any player we have, it will end in tears.

Just been discussing the game with a couple of colleagues at work (both Bolton fans), first name they both mentioned.....Lowe and how impressed they were!!

I explained the reputation he has with some Rovers fans and they found it hilarious.

Just shows, watching a game as a 'neutral' possibly makes a difference.

Lowe is simply the current scapegoat for many and has been for sometime. Keith Andrews was another. Quite beyond me why people have this approach.

As for the game. Lucky? Not a bit of it. We played well and did our job. I've lost count of the times I've seen teams nick a win, it's football and that's how it goes. Other sides achieve this and it's a great result, for a lot of Rovers fans these days its undeserved or lucky if we do the same. I don't agree.

One could argue in one aspect Newcastle enjoyed some luck they didn't capitalise on. Virtually every clearance we made from our box hit or ricocheted off a Newcastke player and it wasn't because all our clearances were poor.

An overall good performance, great goal from Mulgrew giving me a good afternoon, huge enjoyment leaping from my seat and grinning all the way back to the car park.

There really is no comparison. Burnley are playing in the Premier League, facing teams who all have serious cash to spend. We're in the Championship, where Newcastle aside most clubs are dealing with batshit insane owners and dire squads capable of little more than hoofing the ball and running around a lot.

Nobody is reveling in Rovers decline that I can see. I see this accusation banded about a lot by posters but fail to see any evidence to support it. Most people, as far as I can see, are either furious or have become totally apathetic to everything happening at Ewood. That's not the same as being excited to see the team lose, I don't believe there's a single poster on here who you could legitimately throw that accusation at. The only difference is that some are able to ignore the bigger picture, and others can't. Obviously that's going to taint a person's perception, but in doesn't mean either camp cares more or less about the club. We all want Rovers to do well.

suggest you read DunnFC's post on page 16 of this thread then amongst other post match ''reviews''.

Nobody is suggesting this is all beer and skittles by any stretch . It clearly isn't . But these two hats from India have reduced us to a ramshackle outfit made up of loans and frees -and even then the squad is ravaged by injuries. But that doesn't mean that the limited bunch out there on the pitch don't try-they are just very limited in what they are capable of producing and therefore we will continue to struggle when there is no investment in the squad.

But the attitude of some on here (many of whom are commenting having watched on TV) to us winning is seriously questionable .I hate whats happened as much as the biggest critics on here, absolutely but having left Barnsley expecting to be cut adrift by Monday night I think the team deserve a bit of credit for the last 2 results however they came about.

No problem nicking wins.

My mantra has always been win, win, win. Couldn't care less about style of play- exhibit a) King Sam.

However, there has been an element of luck these last two games. Conceding 70%+ of possession and 20+ chances every week is not going to win you points long term. Hard to play against and nicking wins? Sounds great to me. Flying by the seat of your pants and somehow coming out with 3 points? Not sustainable.

Lowe is simply the current scapegoat for many and has been for sometime. Keith Andrews was another. Quite beyond me why people have this approach.

"Scapegoat" implies that he's being unfairly singled out for being @#/?.

Still, as long as you and the other moralists can pat yourselves on the back, carry on.

• Backroom

suggest you read DunnFC's post on page 16 of this thread then amongst other post match ''reviews''.

Nobody is suggesting this is all beer and skittles by any stretch . It clearly isn't . But these two hats from India have reduced us to a ramshackle outfit made up of loans and frees -and even then the squad is ravaged by injuries. But that doesn't mean that the limited bunch out there on the pitch don't try-they are just very limited in what they are capable of producing and therefore we will continue to struggle when there is no investment in the squad.

But the attitude of some on here (many of whom are commenting having watched on TV) to us winning is seriously questionable .I hate whats happened as much as the biggest critics on here, absolutely but having left Barnsley expecting to be cut adrift by Monday night I think the team deserve a bit of credit for the last 2 results however they came about.

Most of the post match reviews come across, to me, as fans very frustrated that freak results are covering up a much larger issue at the root of the club. It only gets worse when some fans try to claim that we have actually played well in the last couple of matches and might turn it around. It's more exasperation than taking any delight in what's happening, imo.

The team deserve credit for, by and large, working hard in the last couple of matches. Sure. But then, working hard should be a basic requirement. It's not really the players I have issue with, it's most certainly the owners and the manager. Coyle has set the team up horrendously in the last couple of matches and it has only been good work from Steele and uncharacteristically clinical finishing (one shot on target in each game, both went in) that has seen us pick up points. The last four points have been picked up in spite of Coyle's management, not because of it. The reason we're in the relegation zone is because, during the vast majority of this season, our awful shape and lack of quality as a team has allowed us to be easily beaten. These past two performances don't fill me with any confidence that we are turning a corner, only that we've stumbled upon a bit of fortune which is likely to end at Portman Road in a couple of weeks.

Archived