BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

On todays limited budget he's had the time to develop ! now we don't have the time to pretend that he will develop any further.

You can kid yourselves !

If we hadn't given him time to develop, Rovers would have lost Simon Garner. He was being sold, as it was deemed he wouldn't make it, but decided to turn down the move and battle for a place in the side. The rest as they say is history. The professionals get it wrong and we have plenty of examples of that, so fans with an opinion, will get it wrong even more.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realise that due to limitations it is necessary to play 3 strikers at times but Gallagher is never a winger. He is a natural centre forward. Emnes is much more suited to playing wide. I don't know why Coyle can't see that.

I realise that due to limitations it is necessary to play 3 strikers at times but Gallagher is never a winger. He is a natural centre forward. Emnes is much more suited to playing wide. I don't know why Coyle can't see that.

Because the guy manages like a 13 year old on football manager. He ignores the gaping holes in central midfield, pretends a youth player can play right back then spends the entire budget on strikers, putting them all over the pitch until he wins.

Because the guy manages like a 13 year old on football manager. He ignores the gaping holes in central midfield, pretends a youth player can play right back then spends the entire budget on strikers, putting them all over the pitch until he wins.

If one thing stood out yesterday its Charlie Mulgrew must be our captain he led all over the pitch, sorry J Lowe you are not captain material.

Tell you what that's a great spot from the ref to disallow the goal for handball - not easy to see at all

The officials were pretty flawless throughout. We've all seen some absolute horror shows in this league and we could easily have got done over by them.

How many fouls were there in the first half again?

Maybe we are all missing something on Our Jase.

Other fans love him, every manager he's ever played for love him, somebody told me that all our players love him...

:unsure:

And yet he's the one player that, despite our revolving door of outgoing transfers and assets, still remains at Ewood. Nobody else has taken him away. Why?

They tried putting it about a few years ago he was available......for 5 million :lol:

Sadly he got injured before the queue formed otherwise i'd wager they'd have off loaded him somewhere for a few million.

Probably because Gallagher has pace and can get up and down the pitch and give more protection to Williams at left back than Emnes would???? Though I agree Gallagher is better up top than out wide but when you don't have the squad capabilities that's what you end up with sadly.

I'd suggest you watch it again!

Emnes barely broke a sweat, he ambled around at a pace akin to someone twice his age. He dodged challenge after challenge, won 0 second balls, gave the ball away continuously and was never in a position to pick the ball up from the midfield up the pitch. He had to come deep at times because we had Akpan/Lowe passing anywhere but forward, or to someone in a blue and and white shirt. His work ethic compared to Graham was embarrassing, yet he wasn't the only one - Feeney really is the type of player that makes me ask myself if he turns up for training and nothing else.

Do I rate Emnes - yes, he is probably the highest quality player we have.

Do I think he is working hard enough? NO chance. Not just him, a few others.

I watched it again and you're still wrong, Emnes was all over the place looking for the ball.

To suggest he hardly broke sweat leads me to conclude you need to take of the blinkers.

Mulgrew is an excellent player. Above our level but his injuries have blighted his career.

I thought in the away game the other week we deserved the win but yesterday we were pretty lucky. They were the better team throughout although they didn't do much after we scored. That's football though eh.

You're correct with your first paragraph of course. Our predicament is solely down to the V's and no-one else. However imo the reality of the situation is that the majority of the 15k fans who have boycotted Ewood will never or only rarely be back. If I was an investor I'd be somewhat reluctant to commit tens of millions of pounds on the say so of fans who claim they will return with a change of ownership. It's more likely we'd pick up new fans if we started doing well at some point in the future.

Pompey are drawing 17,000 to Fratton Park in League 2 now the locals have some basis for hope. The longer V's limp on, the more will be permanently lost but I would think if Rovers were a club everyone could believe in again, gates would recover to a real (not paper 15,000) and up to 20,000+ with some success.

We had gates of over 20,000 for big games the last time we were in Div 3.

Because he is thick/ paid to do something odd/ downright corrupt.

I have heard all three explanations credibly put so it is your guess as good as mine.

• Backroom

The officials were pretty flawless throughout. We've all seen some absolute horror shows in this league and we could easily have got done over by them.

How many fouls were there in the first half again?

I don't think we conceded a free kick until about an hour in!

Agree the officials did a good job, I didn't recognise them, hopefully part of a new breed of competence!

Planet are you on? Have you seen his managerial record since Burnley? My mrs would make a better manager than Coyle. Not going to attract better? There are loads of managers out there better than him, younger, hungrier with better training methods and fresher ideas. To name one, Gary Rowett.

Rowett is now highly rated within the game. Why on earth would he want to put himself under these atrocious owners?

Mulgrew is an excellent player. Above our level but his injuries have blighted his career.

I thought in the away game the other week we deserved the win but yesterday we were pretty lucky. They were the better team throughout although they didn't do much after we scored. That's football though eh.

yep and when Burnley do it , its classed as brilliant. 27% possession against Liverpool and its a fabulously gritty win. We do it, and its because Newcastle were sh1t or we goy lucky!!

• Backroom

yep and when Burnley do it , its classed as brilliant. 27% possession against Liverpool and its a fabulously gritty win. We do it, and its because Newcastle were sh1t or we goy lucky!!

Well, the obvious answer is that Burnley were lucky as well. Difference is they are in the PL, successful and able to win against teams in and around them. Look at their home record.

There's a reason we are where we are, and it isn't because Coyle is some kind of tactical mastermind. Sorry.

Sometimes stats overstate matters against Liverpool Burnley were far from lucky.. Liverpool didn't have goals disallowed rattle the bar etc etc.. Unlike our Barcode friends

Mulgrew has quality that's been obvious from the start although a little too casual at times but he's probably not adjusted to the intensity of the champ yet. He seems the type that might carry some kind of niggle that can't be fixed therefore he'll always play a few then miss a few when it flairs up. Shame but he wouldn't be here otherwise, a risky signing who'll be on good wages but he's gained us 6 points with that flair so hopefully there is more to come. Could be the difference between staying up and going down.

Feeney is still dire though despite him being capable of pinging the odd really good cross in he needs an acre of space to do it because he can't beat a man.

Pompey are drawing 17,000 to Fratton Park in League 2 now the locals have some basis for hope. The longer V's limp on, the more will be permanently lost but I would think if Rovers were a club everyone could believe in again, gates would recover to a real (not paper 15,000) and up to 20,000+ with some success.

We had gates of over 20,000 for big games the last time we were in Div 3.

Because he is thick/ paid to do something odd/ downright corrupt.

I have heard all three explanations credibly put so it is your guess as good as mine.

When entry cost was about 1/7th in real terms what it is today

Coyle would actually be a decent manager if he could find a balance somewhere in between the way we played yesterday and the way we played in the 3-2 wins/defeats. He seems to only have two tactical approaches, all out attack or all out defence with no middle ground, its bizarre especially considering we have shown in the last 2 games and the game against Derby and the away win at Newcastle that we can defend. He just seems incapable of blending the 2.

I watched it again and you're still wrong, Emnes was all over the place looking for the ball.

To suggest he hardly broke sweat leads me to conclude you need to take of the blinkers.

Funny that I remember yelling at him to go for the ball and he just watched on more than one occasion. Bit of both I suppose.

Lino of riverside line ignored some blatant shirt pulling by both sides. Fair enough seeing as Greers tug could have resulted in a pen i suppose.

He also missed Lowe pulling down Gayle in the area, clear pen I thought. Still we have had more than our share of no calls Better officials than usual spot on with the dis allowed goals.

Archived