BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talksport Jim White

• Backroom
Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Despite having his own agenda, its surely worth keeping on at Jim White seeing as he has nailed his colours to the VenkysOut mast live on air! Any publicity/pressure at this stage can only help.  As much as i detest Coyle, he isn't the biggest problem.

Depends on whether it strengthens the position of a third party/agency. If it does then it is of no benefit to the club.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nightmare scenario of any Venkys sale is this agency still keeping a grip on the club. They're IMO the biggest stench in all of this.

Indeed. I don't think this public spat between Venky's and unnamed others is anything that we as fans can utilise to positively impact the situation. One would have to hope Battersby being on the show today was not a sign he and Curry could keep a certain agency inside the club should they manage to remove Venky's from the picture. 

Just now, TBTF said:

I think you have to give a bit of slack to battersby. If he is playing the longer game of trying to get this sorted at some point then his approach as a professional firm on a national radio show is always likely to be a bit more cautious.Law suits flying everywhere is the last place senaca need to be if they are trying to buy the club.

He did hammer home the FA regulation not looking after us and who allowed these idiots to become our owners in the first place. 

At the end I didn't learn a lot but considering it was supposed to be an hours worth on BRFC by the time adverts , news and the fact that the 3 hosts never stop talking you actually spend very little time getting into the guts of the problem,  

It wasn't earth shattering but a few salient points mooted.

1) The questioning of the FA and also the Walker trust at point of sale.

2)  Whilst White wouldn't knock his buddy, The other 2 clearly thought Coyle is crap and that it must have been a slap in the face for fans when appointed.

3)  The myth of Venky's investment seems to have been busted. 

4)  The two owners theory was well explained by 'David' 

5)  Suhail was given a passing mention.

Not a wasted hour on a national station.  They do like the sound of their own voice though.

Just now, DE. said:

Depends on whether it strengthens the position of a third party/agency. If it does then it is of no benefit to the club.

Nothing benefits the club bar new (and transparent) ownership.  But, just like Collymore, the more people in the media that keep our plight highlighted (whatever their motive) the better IMO.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It wasn't earth shattering but a few salient points mooted.

1) The questioning of the FA and also the Walker trust at point of sale.

2)  Whilst White wouldn't knock his buddy, The other 2 clearly thought Coyle is crap and that it must have been a slap in the face for fans when appointed.

3)  The myth of Venky's investment seems to have been busted. 

4)  The two owners theory was well explained by 'David' 

5)  Suhail was given a passing mention.

Not a wasted hour on a national station.  They do like the sound of their own voice though.

yes agree. The points were well made and will do no harm being aired nationally that's for sure. Not that any of those will really get us anywhere quickly. It is a war of attrition> I just think the point about Battersby not mauling SEM/Kentaro is unfair. If half the posters on here are correct about the ownership then isn't it likely that Battersby/Currie will have to deal with them at some point in order to get them out of the Club??? If so , it would have been very bad tactics for him to batter them on national radio irrespective of the risks of being hit with lawsuits. We have seen how JA works already haven't we??  

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We are now finally seeing what we've suspected from day 1 being aired in public. A dual ownership/running of the club power struggle. It's always been there in the background and if this agency mob were nothing more than advisers why would they now go to all this trouble ?

They wouldn't give a toss as long as any clients they had in the club were getting paid. What's happening here is they see money disappearing to the major shareholders in India, no sign of investment and rumours of admin hence panic in agency HQ that their golden goose is about to fly away.

Look at it as an outsider, why is BRFC, a club on the verge of League 1 STILL getting hour specials in the national media? Whereas I don't recall any of this last season for Bolton- and they were selling off their training ground and almost going into administration.

Talksport, the red top press etc. are constantly fed stories from agencies, think of the '3 clubs interested in player x' rule and the puff piece about Steve Kean that re-emerges every 6 months. 

Useful vessels for whoever is still lurking in the background at Ewood Park.

Despite being suspicious as to why White is banging the drum all of a sudden, I'm thankful of the publicity on a national scale.

However, as a bloke : White is a crawling, slimy, sycophant, and anyone expecting him to tangibly help us get rid of the Venkys is deluded.

Nobody is going to sh1it their pants cos Jim White is digging dirt. He's no Roger Cook.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He wants to buy into the club if poss but he's a moron ????

In the past JA has provided a link to Venkys so maybe it's wise for someone like Ian not to throw him under the bus even if he wanted to. Think about it.

Battersby has to be very careful what he says when he wants to buy the club from Venkys. Plus he might need Anderson or Huber to sent messages to Venkys

I haven't heard any of the interview yet. will listen back at 7pm tonight

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

He's no moron..he has to be very careful what he says on national radio.

Think about it FFS!

Battersby is the sort of owner we want

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

I don't know White and Groves are actually sticking the boot in properly and pulling no punches

What do White and Groves actually say?

1 hour ago, Madon said:

It is absolutely bizzare... Jim White has said he is going after Suhail Pasha next... WHY?!?

What interest does Jim White have in Pasha, he has surely been put up to this today by Anderson.

Very good news after Pasha hasn't communication anything to fans. I reckon White end of having to speak to Senior instead and not Pasha

1 hour ago, TBTF said:

agree Tomphil and whats proven that he could say on national radio without getting sued senseless?......

Well it's proven that Steve Kean, who came out of nowhere to become the manager, was JA's client and JA got Myles on our books, is that not all the proof we need? Battersby could have said that without fear of being sued, but he chose not to for some reason... really fishy to me, almost like Battersby in JA's pocket as well. Hmm.

Just now, sirobozne said:

Well it's proven that Steve Kean, who came out of nowhere to become the manager, was JA's client and JA got Myles on our books, is that not all the proof we need? Battersby could have said that without fear of being sued, but he chose not to for some reason... really fishy to me, almost like Battersby in JA's pocket as well. Hmm.

Sincerely doubt it.

More like not wanting to tarnish his own name and his companies given his background and possible clients he has on the books.

Maybe he knows JA anyways, JA was a corporate banker at one point.

Also he states he was acting on behalf of an investment group.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Might be time for Glen to get in touch with JA and see what the rats rat out on each other.

He has talked to him I think.  

I've been very critical of White in the past but at least he's raising the subject and getting people wound up.  Whether he's doing it for someone or simply journalistic endeavour lets be at least grateful it's being talked about.

Somewhere in all this mess the BoI will have a soldier on the ground protecting their interests, I can't decide if that is in fact Pasha. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Sincerely doubt it.

More like not wanting to tarnish his own name and his companies given his background and possible clients he has on the books.

Maybe he knows JA anyways, JA was a corporate banker at one point.

Also he states he was acting on behalf of an investment group.

Well he definitely knows something we don't, hopefully it's because he hasn't given up hope of taking over and that will invariably involve JA. I just found it strage that it was literally teed up for him and he chose to completely avoid the question. Mentioning Kean and Myles were all that was needed, and any clued up Rovers fan would have done it (of which Batersby clearly is one), unless they had a reason not to.

Just now, koi said:

He has talked to him I think.  

I've been very critical of White in the past but at least he's raising the subject and getting people wound up.  Whether he's doing it for someone or simply journalistic endeavour lets be at least grateful it's being talked about.

Somewhere in all this mess the BoI will have a soldier on the ground protecting their interests, I can't decide if that is in fact Pasha. 

He has...read his blog on www.venkysout.com

Archived