BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talksport Jim White

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sirobozne said:

Well he definitely knows something we don't, hopefully it's because he hasn't given up hope of taking over and that will invariably involve JA. I just found it strage that it was literally teed up for him and he chose to completely avoid the question. Mentioning Kean and Myles were all that was needed, and any clued up Rovers fan would have done it (of which Batersby clearly is one), unless they had a reason not to.

Just being professional I would think.

The guy has a thriving business afterall.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Just being professional I would think.

The guy has a thriving business afterall.

If that's the case he shouldn't go on talksport as a Rovers fan should he? Let someone who doesn't have an agenda (like Dave) do it.

Well he definitely knows something we don't, hopefully it's because he hasn't given up hope of taking over and that will invariably involve JA. I just found it strage that it was literally teed up for him and he chose to completely avoid the question. Mentioning Kean and Myles were all that was needed, and any clued up Rovers fan would have done it (of which Batersby clearly is one), unless they had a reason not to.

Maybe he was being set-up not teed up on live radio so did well to avoid the bait.

Me too.  I remember Groves mentioned something like "I think there was possible involvement with a company called.... Kentaro was it...".  I was really surprised it was brought up by the Talksport Panel given White's connections, but I was absolutely gobsmacked when Battersby pretty much completely ignored it.   There's no doubt in my mind that he ignored it for a reason, I guess to avoid any legal repercussions.

I think Battersby has to box clever; he will want to keep any slight possibility of communication with the Rao lot available and going off on one wouldn't really help.  Likewise I've no doubt Kentaro and SEM have representatives all over it (and here, hello by the way) just waiting for an opportunity to attack.

I'm not sure what White actually thinks he can do, he wont get anywhere near the Rao's and the club will keep stum.  

It's good going into the weekend the media are giving Rovers more attention and are sympathetic to the current situation.

Media on side can be a vitalk tool in the fight, especially armed with tangible factual information.

On another note , I will be writing the next chapter of my blog in the next week or so, with more information which is not yet in the domain yet. I suspect this will be over 4 or 5 parts given some information has only just come to light and I will need to try and reference other parts I have already written as it fills in gaps.

Just now, glen9mullan said:

It's good going into the weekend the media are giving Rovers more attention and are sympathetic to the current situation.

Media on side can be a vitalk tool in the fight, especially armed with tangible factual information.

On another note , I will be writing the next chapter of my blog in the next week or so, with more information which is not yet in the domain yet. I suspect this will be over 4 or 5 parts given some information has only just come to light and I will need to try and reference other parts I have already written as it fills in gaps.

Keep up the good work Glen, the fight is back on!

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Thanks Glen. 

I'm looking forward to reading your blog again. They are very well written and great insight into things. 

White is an absolute tool. His programme on the station is embarrassing. Colin Murray who previously took the 10:00 a 13:00 on talksport was far better, and he regularly mentioned rovers and even on occasions tried to push Danny Murphy into saying something. So White is doing nothing that nobody else has done. 

Sticks up for his mate Coyley, sticks up for Kean, how are people taking this guy seriously. 

The club is FINISHED, in its current format, there isn't any easy way out, and White coming out with "Blackburn fans come and support your team" is laughable. Most have lost interest because the club isnt 'the rovers' anymore it's 'you going down there to watch that shower'. With conversations of "that isn't my club anymore".

Natural degression can be accepted, forced degression is criminal, and people have had enough.

3 hours ago, sirobozne said:

Well it's proven that Steve Kean, who came out of nowhere to become the manager, was JA's client and JA got Myles on our books, is that not all the proof we need? Battersby could have said that without fear of being sued, but he chose not to for some reason... really fishy to me, almost like Battersby in JA's pocket as well. Hmm.

I don't get this point.

JA promotes his client to Venkys as manager and his son as a player. He gets very well paid by idiots who know nothing about football. Its sharp practice but how is it illegal?

Announcing to the nation that JA put Kean forward as manager does what exactly? Where does that get us? How does that solve a problem for us now?

I think you are misreading Battersby and I do think as many have said on here that he most definitely knows what he is doing and the tactics required 

38 minutes ago, Pete1981 said:

Thanks, Pete. Heart warming listen. Dave (once more) nails the truth and did brilliantly shoe horning some in as White tried to blab and steer off topic.

Bravo.

As for White, f# him. He's not our saviour. His attention will be elsewhere and I'll be surprised if Rovers are even mentioned in the near future.

10 minutes ago, TBTF said:

I don't get this point.

JA promotes his client to Venkys as manager and his son as a player. He gets very well paid by idiots who know nothing about football. Its sharp practice but how is it illegal?

I agree Battersby was deliberately picking what topics he spoke about and steered clear, which may be a wise move.

However when the JA involvement does become suspect illegal is when you take your post, his "interview" and re-read the JW leaked letter about the board no longer signing off the transfers.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Maybe he was being set-up not teed up on live radio so did well to avoid the bait.

Why would they want Battersby to have a go at Kentaro but talk over Dave when he was calling out Kentaro? If it was a JA set up show, as some on here are claiming, they surely wouldn't want someone like Battersby critising them.

18 minutes ago, TBTF said:

I don't get this point.

Announcing to the nation that JA put Kean forward as manager does what exactly? Where does that get us? How does that solve a problem for us now?

I think you are misreading Battersby and I do think as many have said on here that he most definitely knows what he is doing and the tactics required 

I'm confused as to what your point is. Are you saying you think that mentioning Anderson's clear involvement in the running of our football club by getting his sunday league standard son a professional contract and his nobody client the managers job at a Premier League club isn't relevant or isn't interesting to fans of other clubs? We can't prove (yet) that JA did anything illegal (even though we are pretty sure he did), that isn't what I'm saying, but we should be making his wholly inappropriate involvement with the club clear to anyone that listens, as you can't fully explain Venky's disastrous 6 years at the helm without mentioning it. Battersby had a great chance to fully explain our plight under Venky's and by refusing to mention Anderson he failed to do it.

Archived