BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talksport Jim White

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky sports now have just done almost the exact same segment. Coyle was praised as being the right sort of manager, Venky's took the full barrel. Absolutely no reference to agents, 3rd party ownership - nothing. They even referenced the talkSPORT segment. 

Incredible. I'm speechless. 

Just now, J*B said:

Sky sports now have just done almost the exact same segment. Coyle was praised as being the right sort of manager, Venky's took the full barrel. Absolutely no reference to agents, 3rd party ownership - nothing. They even referenced the talkSPORT segment. 

Who got the meeting set up? Who is cosy with SEM?

6 minutes ago, Spalding Rover said:

They wasn't gone during Bowyers time, All them shit players signed, cuts to be taken % to be made. Lowe in the team, Chris Brown in the team ahead of rhodes or gestede. Bowyer was a terrible manager but i don't believe all was his fault. Delfonso? Varney? FEENEY? Dabo? The list is massive.

I don't believe Bowyer found Koita.

Every manager picks Lowe. Chris Brown rarely started. Delf was just cheap. How do you know about Koita? Feeney was on loan. Varney was signed by a better manager than Bowyer when he left.

Hardly a 'massive' list and pretty poor argument. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Every manager picks Lowe. Chris Brown rarely started. Delf was just cheap. How do you know about Koita? Feeney was on loan. Varney was signed by a better manager than Bowyer when he left.

You can't deny that they were all crap players though can you? I was gobsmacked when we resigned Feeney.

3 hours ago, bob fleming said:

It's so so blatant. 

Jim White: Saviour of The Rovers!

Let’s cast our minds back… how could I forget??

December 2011:

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php?/topic/25315-steve-kean-thread-poll-reset-after-stoke-game/&do=findComment&comment=1202430

In defence of the Agents man.

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php?/topic/25315-steve-kean-thread-poll-reset-after-stoke-game/&do=findComment&comment=1214335

Then, December 2015 

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php?/topic/31951-i-threw-the-snowball-at-madame-desai/&do=findComment&comment=1715533

and now, mysteriously, just 2 months later yesterday’s TalkSport piece.

“We will get Venkys!”30mins

Who really owns Blackburn Rovers Jim? Are Agents involved in the ownership? 44mins

“We’ll push that, we’ll ask that question, we will take this further don’t worry we don’t forget about it when we come off air today at one o’clock” 

“Support the team and let us go after the owners.” 45.45mins

Oh God, no, he’s mentioned Anderson. Quick, quick, er, erm, “yeah but David I think, you’ve got to, you need to look, you’ve got to sort out one thing and one thing only, Venkys” Damn, damn, erm, next caller, quick “Russell….” 

48:50 – “…there’s a representative from Venkys who works at Blackburn, Suhail Pasha. We’re coming for you”.

Good old Jim, this effort against Venkys is all for the club and it's fans. Clearly.

It is blatant, unfortunately there is nobody in the national media willing to spell it out. I'm sure the FA just want it all to go away. White is helping them also by pointing in the direction of Venky's.

It would make a great documentary for someone. . 

Just now, J*B said:

The right sort of manager for what, table tennis? Soccerdome 5-a-side team? Taxi depot? TalkSEMport and SkySEMports are showing their true colours here. All pissing in the same pot.

When Venkys are finally out we'll probably have another battle with their widower. A deal with devil could be the next move for Seneca.

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Spalding Rover said:

They wasn't gone during Bowyers time, All them shit players signed, cuts to be taken % to be made. Lowe in the team, Chris Brown in the team ahead of rhodes or gestede. Bowyer was a terrible manager but i don't believe all was his fault. Delfonso? Varney? FEENEY? Dabo? The list is massive.

I don't believe Bowyer found Koita.

Mostly all signed towards the end of his reign when the cash dried up. Seems like this was the first signal that certain people were about to return to the fold.

When I think of Bowyer's signings I think of Duffy, King, Gestede, Cairney, Evans, Spurr, Steele, Conway and so on. Good players targeted because they could improve the team, not solely because they were linked to an agency. Obviously Bowyer wasn't the man to get the best out of them, but his transfer business never stood out as being dodgy in the same way Kean and Coyle's dealings do. 

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Picked by every manager because they are still here?? is that bit hard to understand??

Chris Brown made 37 appearances had 1 good game, only questionable bit about Brown is Lambert played him, but then Lambert left for a reason.

Dont agents get a payment for loans of there players or is that just a free service?

Varney wasn't signed by a better manager, signed by a team with no money and desperate.

I never stated about Koita i said what i believe.

Over all the transfers that went on with Bowyer, most are questionable just like any other manager since Venkeys turned up only difference is some of Bowyers signings turned a profit for THEM.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The dots never fail to join do they :o

I still think we need a simple, bullet point description of how this is working in practice. I do recognise some things are hidden, some are unknown etc,but there is still a refusal in some quarters to engage with this at all....and I am talking about some of our own fans.

Blimey, it is not as if the rest of us want this to be true either, but the future of BRFC is clearly at risk. Pretending it is not won't make this go away.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I still think we need a simple, bullet point description of how this is working in practice. I do recognise some things are hidden, some are unknown etc,but there is still a refusal in some quarters to engage with this at all....and I am talking about some of our own fans.

Blimey, it is not as if the rest of us want this to be true either, but the future of BRFC is clearly at risk. Pretending it is not won't make this go away.

I've a feeling one  might be available at the end of this week rather nicely.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

The dots never fail to join do they :o

They never ever join more like.

Interesting that Jim White who you would have thought had no interest in us whatsoever suddenly decided to take up the cudgels on our behalf after six years.

Must be the case that those who Venky's  foolishly choose to advise them and who have shafted us and them up hill and down dale over their period of their ownership are upset that the goose that laid the golden egg has reached the menopause given the V's snapped the purse strings firmly shut 12 months ago.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Interesting that Jim White who you would have thought had no interest in us whatsoever suddenly decided to take up the cudgels on our behalf after six years.

Must be the case that those who Venky's  foolishly choose to advise them and who have shafted us and them up hill and down dale over their period of their ownership are upset that the goose that laid the golden egg has reached the menopause given the V's snapped the purse strings firmly shut 12 months ago.

Comissions not as good as making tens of millions. Getting harder now the older Portugal crew have gone.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The same Jim White who hosted a 10 minute PR session at Brockhall with our pal Kean. What a coinkydink. :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Indeed and it sounds like them saying to Vs if you ain't investing and continuing to line our pockets then naff off and we'll bring in another partner. Hard to know which leaving would be for the best but it's going to be difficult to get rid of both.

Not posted in a while as totally fell out of love with football and The Rovers...

Do still read every now and then...

Just listened to this complete recording and for me it just felt really weird all the way through (from the presenters).

I kind of thought, is Coyle under some pressure with losses and further attendance drops so has spoken to his mate to do a piece on the club?

Get people thinking they have some of the media on their side with the whole "Venkys, we're coming for you" repeated several times with strong "don't boycott, support the team" messages and perhaps the attendance thing will start improving and in turn the heat on Coyle decreases? 

There continues to be things happening behind the scenes at the club that we are not aware of in my opinion and this kind of feature on national radio that's come out of nowhere proves that for me.

All very weird...

8 hours ago, DE. said:

Mostly all signed towards the end of his reign when the cash dried up. Seems like this was the first signal that certain people were about to return to the fold.

When I think of Bowyer's signings I think of Duffy, King, Gestede, Cairney, Evans, Spurr, Steele, Conway and so on. Good players targeted because they could improve the team, not solely because they were linked to an agency. Obviously Bowyer wasn't the man to get the best out of them, but his transfer business never stood out as being dodgy in the same way Kean and Coyle's dealings do. 

Steele is one of the worst if not the worst keeper , we have had in my time....Adam Blacklaw back in the day was the first one I saw....

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Steele is one of the worst if not the worst keeper , we have had in my time....Adam Blacklaw back in the day was the first one I saw....

Steele is poor, but made to look a lot worse by a terrible defence. 

• Backroom
Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

So its the defence that makes him flap or be beaten at his near post? ;)

As I said, he's poor. But so are most of the keepers in the Championship. Good managers make the keepers in this division work as little as possible.

You need 2 solid commanding center halves to work behind in this div and preferably one of them being the vocally defensive leader and team captain. Don't rate Steele anything above average at best but he's never really had that luxury apart from a brief spell under Lambert.  Hard for him to prosper and reach a peak to be fair.

Archived