BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

• Backroom

I do find it a bit odd that in pursuit of 'strong and stable leadership', May chose to disband government for 6 weeks (having previously told everyone and their dog that she had no intention of calling an election).

That is neither stable, nor is it strong.

I just hope to 'God' I don't have any more funerals to attend where the suicide note includes reference to the DWP's cuts.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, onlyonetugay said:

Dianne Abbott potentially our future Home Secretary :

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/diane-abbotts-agonising-interview-over-policy-cost/

Britain Deserves Better  ! 

She's not the first to get a mind blank when asked for figures, won't be the last. 

Less cringe worthy than current Home Secretary Amber Rudd wanting to fight terrorism using the  "necessary hashtags". http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58d7d9e8e4b03692bea6ca97

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

It's staggering a man as knowledgeable in respect of the EU like Farage isn't consulted in the Breakaway 

Farage has done enough damage. The day he disappears from public life cannot come soon enough. 

Just now, LeChuck said:

Less cringe worthy than current Home Secretary Amber Rudd wanting to fight terrorism using the  "necessary hashtags". http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58d7d9e8e4b03692bea6ca97

Not to mention the Foreign Secretary. He's up there with Donald Trump as an X Factor politician. I followed UK in Croatia on Twitter, but couldn't bear seeing his scruffy embarrassing poses with reputable foreign politicians, so I stopped following them. He's just a bumbling buffoon who is constantly prone to mistakes. What a silly man to have as Foreign Secretary!

In recent years, though, this is what the public in the west seem to want. When there is no credible alternative to the usual establishment, whom we apparently no longer have faith in, then these are the types of people we will vote for, if only to rub it in the faces of ordinary politicians.

We will pay for this, one day, and it worries me greatly.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I do find it a bit odd that in pursuit of 'strong and stable leadership', [\b]May chose to disband government for 6 weeks (having previously told everyone and their dog that she had no intention of calling an election).

That is neither stable, nor is it strong.

I just hope to 'God' I don't have any more funerals to attend where the suicide note includes reference to the DWP's cuts.

So strong that after calling for an election where she wants more backing for her unknown version of brexit, she won't stand up in front of the United Kingdom, explain it and debate it.

She won't even stand up in front of a bit of Cornwall. What an utter disgrace from the North Korean Prime Minister:-

Theresa May is in Helston in Cornwall today. But my counterparts at Cornwall Live, who are trying to cover the visit on a blog, are having some difficulty. Here are some excerpts from their rather spiky account.

We were given at most three minutes and were refused to be allowed to ask why we were not allowed to film her

We’ve been allowed to ask our questions to the prime minister (although we are forbidden to film or photograph her answering them).

Having covered several high-profile politicians’ and royal visits over the years, the level of media control here is far and above anything I’ve seen before. We’re not even allowed to show you her visiting the building ...

2 hours ago, onlyonetugay said:

Yes it does Biz , elections should be fought and  won on strong and stable leadership ............................:lol:

Doesn't even make sense?

Strong - as in you stick by your own decisions. You can't describe any conservative as strong.

Stable - as in unified. Same government who are split on brexit, tax and the direction of the leader? 

Neither strong nor stable. People can compare them to labour, but the point is they used those words to describe themselves. Absolute lies.

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Having covered several high-profile politicians’ and royal visits over the years, the level of media control here is far and above anything I’ve seen before. We’re not even allowed to show you her visiting the building ...

Campaign chief Lynton Crosby at work . He knows May is awkward and a liability in front of the cameras unless scripted and cannot engage spontaneously with anyone - - the reason Crosby put a block on TV debates. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Campaign chief Lynton Crosby at work . He knows May is awkward and a liability in front of the cameras unless scripted and cannot engage spontaneously with anyone - - the reason Crosby put a block on TV debates. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/theresa-may-liberal-democrats-defectors-south-west-stick-with-tories

The journos even got locked in a room.

3 hours ago, LeChuck said:

She's not the first to get a mind blank when asked for figures, won't be the last. 

You deserve a sainthood LeChuck . Saint LeChuck -  the patron saint of hopeless cases . 

A mind blank ? She's got form ! 

The woman needs a check up from the neck up 

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Doesn't even make sense?

Strong - as in you stick by your own decisions. You can't describe any conservative as strong.

Stable - as in unified. Same government who are split on brexit, tax and the direction of the leader? 

Neither strong nor stable. People can compare them to labour, but the point is they used those words to describe themselves. Absolute lies.

Did you watch the Daily Politics at lunchtime Biz ?  Professor Philip Cowley ( School of Politics - Queen Mary's University , London) , who seemed a reasonable sort of guy ,  said he'd had private conversations with some Labour MPs  who'd told him that they wanted Theresa May to be re-elected as the  Prime Minister . 

So stable and strong leadership might not make sense to you , but the message  is certainly getting through, and getting through   in some of the most surprising places 

Lechuck's mate was on - it got worse ! 

Just now, onlyonetugay said:

Did you watch the Daily Politics at lunchtime Biz ?  Professor Philip Cowley ( School of Politics - Queen Mary's University , London) , who seemed a reasonable sort of guy ,  said he'd had private conversations with some Labour MPs  who'd told him that they wanted Theresa May to be the next Prime Minister . 

So stable and strong leadership might not make sense to you , but the message  is certainly getting through, and getting through   in some of the most surprising places 

The 1st paragraph does not correlate to the 2nd. Some Labour MPs don't like Corbyn and see a Tory victory as a means of forcing him to resign. That doesn't mean they believe the Tory rhetoric - in fact, anyone with a modicum of sense can see right through it. 

You deserve a sainthood LeChuck . Saint LeChuck -  the patron saint of hopeless cases . 

A mind blank ? She's got form ! 

The woman needs a check up from the neck up 

It wasn't really a defence of Abbott, I don't think she's a very good politician. Just pointing out that her counterpart in government is just as bad, if not worse. 

Embarrassing that this is headline news though. Same happened with the Greens in the last campaign. It's not important. 

Did you watch the Daily Politics at lunchtime Biz ?  Professor Philip Cowley ( School of Politics - Queen Mary's University , London) , who seemed a reasonable sort of guy ,  said he'd had private conversations with some Labour MPs  who'd told him that they wanted Theresa May to be re-elected as the  Prime Minister . 

Lechuck's mate was on - it got worse ! 

No I was working my arse off in a comically underfunded secondary school. I did watch May show skeptisism about nurses using food banks on Marr Sunday though, glossing over their appearance in the 21st century! Strong and stable for who exactly? 

Am I suprised that some labour politicians would rather lose to be "right about Corbyn"? Not in the slightest. It's damming of the entire political system, lots of these people use service to live, rather than live to be in service! 

The irony, the man they slag off and whinge about is actually intent on making things better for the masses, rather than just saying it as a political slogan.

Just now, LeChuck said:

It wasn't really a defence of Abbott, I don't think she's a very good politician. Just pointing out that her counterpart in government is just as bad, if not worse. 

Embarrassing that this is headline news though. Same happened with the Greens in the last campaign. It's not important. 

I can pick several holes in the shadow cabinet, but the thing is - the actual cabinet is the one we should be scrutinising!

Starting with Hammond. How can the chancellor of the exchequer have so much influence in our finance when he owns so many different stakes in private companies? Castlemead...

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

She won't even stand up in front of a bit of Cornwall. What an utter disgrace from the North Korean Prime Minister:-

Theresa May is in Helston in Cornwall today. But my counterparts at Cornwall Live, who are trying to cover the visit on a blog, are having some difficulty. Here are some excerpts from their rather spiky account.

We were given at most three minutes and were refused to be allowed to ask why we were not allowed to film her

We’ve been allowed to ask our questions to the prime minister (although we are forbidden to film or photograph her answering them).

She was in Mawdsley yesterday, speaking to a group of Conservative Party members in the village hall - no one else allowed in. I presume she will now claim that she has been here speaking to local electors - technically true I suppose but hardly waht anyone would regard as meeting voters.

I think the Diane Abbott interview shows a big problem with Corbyn. She should be nowhere near a shadow cabinet position, yet hes left with people like her,  because the better Labour politicians are keeping in the background at present, waiting for Corbyn to leave.

The biggest issue any potential labour party has, is the perception behind the economy under Labour governments, so everyone should be fully briefed and aware of the costings of policies. The answers she gave in that interview would have her laughed out of most company boardrooms, and has allowed the right wing media to re-enforce that perception.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

She was in Mawdsley yesterday, speaking to a group of Conservative Party members in the village hall - no one else allowed in. I presume she will now claim that she has been here speaking to local electors - technically true I suppose but hardly waht anyone would regard as meeting voters.

She cancelled on the charity duck race, because campaigners where waiting for her. I mean God forbid she has to interact with anyone with an issue they want to address.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-ducks-out-charity-duck-10335374

Archived