BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

11 hours ago, Baz said:

She cancelled on the charity duck race, because campaigners where waiting for her. I mean God forbid she has to interact with anyone with an issue they want to address.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-ducks-out-charity-duck-10335374

Yet this is strong and stable leadership. It's quite the opposite! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I have to listen to May, Hammond and Davis for much longer I may have to brick the TV.

IDIOTS. Not a clue between them. 

On Tue May 02 2017 at 11:38 AM, onlyonetugay said:

Dianne Abbott potentially our future Home Secretary :

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/diane-abbotts-agonising-interview-over-policy-cost/

Britain Deserves Better  ! 

Shes clueless..

Will never forget when she slagged out private schools then it leaked shes does send her kids to private schools. What double standards can u get

On Tue May 02 2017 at 10:26 PM, Baz said:

I think the Diane Abbott interview shows a big problem with Corbyn. She should be nowhere near a shadow cabinet position, yet hes left with people like her,  because the better Labour politicians are keeping in the background at present, waiting for Corbyn to leave.

The biggest issue any potential labour party has, is the perception behind the economy under Labour governments, so everyone should be fully briefed and aware of the costings of policies. The answers she gave in that interview would have her laughed out of most company boardrooms, and has allowed the right wing media to re-enforce that perception.

Abbott and Corbyn are useless as high profile positions in the Labour party

Tbh, out of 3 main leaders none are what you want as the PM or future PM's. 

I see Italy has secured a much larger tax settlement from Google for unpaid taxes than the deal the Tories managed. 

Perhaps they have better negotiators?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/05/04/google-pay-306m-italy-tax-deal/

Osbourne's 'major success'

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/28/george-osborne-repeats-claim-that-googles-uk-tax-deal-is-major-success

Peter Reeve, UKIP local government spokesman, is quoted as saying:

"The difference between UKIP and those other political parties is whilst they sacrifice their principles, their policies and their morals to win seats, we in UKIP are here to change the country, even if that is at our own expense."

Sadly the change has been at everyone else's expense and this one trick pony will probably be wiped out at the general election. It's vital Labour start addressing how to win those four million floating votes.

Just now, Paul said:

It's vital Labour start addressing how to win those four million floating votes.

Tough though, isn't it? Labour voters are split down the middle on this. All the other parties can take a firm stance on one side knowing that's what the majority if their supporters want. 

If Labour do that they'll alienate the other half, and Corbyn will inevitably get panned either way; by his own party if he backs Brexit, by the media if he challenges it. 

I think the best they can do is back it, but be clear we want the best access to the single market we can whilst taking some control on free movement. Sounds wishy-washy as a soundbite though, especially when the other parties can take an aggressive stance. 

Ukip see their remit as as trying to secure the hardest Brexit possible so could yet make a comeback if a "softer" Brexit deal includes freedom of movement - which is possible.

Hopefully, however, they will disappear from the political landscape - they've done enough damage already.

Signs are the Tories are mopping up disaffected Ukippers - Labour has a problem until it addresses the Coprbyn issue.

The Tories have played this very cannily - even if they mess up the Brexit talks, negotiations will be concluded by 2019, three years before the next election when it will probably all be forgotten.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Signs are the Tories are mopping up disaffected Ukippers - Labour has a problem until it addresses the Coprbyn issue.

Not sure how Corbyn is the problem here. Any other leader of the party would be taking a stance closer to Tim Farron, that's not going to win the UKIP voters. 

Without doubt Corbyn is a big issue. However, on Brexit, as a pro European party they should have come out much more firmly against it. They're currently nowhere on that issue.

UKIP’s raison d’etre was leaving the EU so it's job done . . UKIP are now probably a bigger car crash than Labour under Corbyn . Their 4 million voters need to find a new home

On the whole Labour is currently  the party of the public sector ( where there is high Union density ) , many of the left wing intelligentsia and liberal elite , the Islamic vote ( see Blackburn for example ) and the underclass ( who don’t tend to vote in large numbers )   Certainly in the north , UKIP won a lot of the votes of the patriotic working class who in the main wanted to leave the EU.

In Scotland , pernicious , divisive and populist nationalism  is on the march . Can Labour fight this ? Not looking good at this stage, although hopefully it’s peaked . That's Labour's other big problem and even with a big chunk of UKIP votes , Scotland could still prevent Labour from  forming a government , certainly in the next couple of elections.   

So how can Labour win back  the patriotic working class vote, many of  whom tend to believe in a strong and united , United Kingdom outside the EU ? Let's be honest these were the sort of people Labour used to represent .  Too late for this election . The big hitters on Labour's front bench , Corbyn , Thornhill and Abbott, are an anathema to ex UKIP voters .

Some commentators talk about an existential crisis for Labour , but political parties recover . Commentators were saying the same about the Conservatives in the early years of Blair . 

I think the answer is obvious . However  can Labour rid itself of the extreme far left influence ? They were the  one's that were largely responsible for putting  Corbyn and his cronies in power in the first place 

On 2017-5-3 at 10:28 PM, Baz said:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/03/breaking-whistleblowers-come-forward-new-election-fraud-evidence-every-voter-needs-see/

I can't verify the source as I've never heard of them, but it's more about the Tory electoral fraud allegations from the last election. Incidentally what has happened with the CPS investigation? 

Apparently the CPS has to decide on prosecution or not this month.

Labour lose over 300 council seats whilst the Tories got over 500 new council seats. Surprised the Lib Dems did so poorly but His anti brexit stance has gone against him. 

Ukip has gone as a party now. 

Will they happen in the General Election? 

I see Diane Abbott has made another huge mistake again. She is clueless and shouldnt be in the Shadow home secretary

23 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Labour lose over 300 council seats whilst the Tories got over 500 new council seats. Surprised the Lib Dems did so poorly but His anti brexit stance has gone against him. 

Ukip has gone as a party now. 

Will they happen in the General Election? 

I see Diane Abbott has made another huge mistake again. She is clueless and shouldnt be in the Shadow home secretary

Actually the Lib Dem vote rose 4% but the UKIP switch to Conservatives swamped the LD vote rise... not enough but going in the right direction.

Diane Abbott is well known for being lazy- too lazy to prepare correctly for public appearances.

16 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Unbelievably, May is proposing in the Tory manifesto to bring back fox hunting. 

So much for a progressive outward-looking "global Britain". 

I heard that this morning and found it utterly incredible. But it will attract some votes.  Just hope it drives more away

I don't think it's there to attract votes, more as a reason to be able to just push it happily through Parliament.  They know they are going to win so whatever they pledge they can now get away with and just say "it was in our manifesto".

Archived