T. May: 51%
J. Corbyn: 30%

(via @ComRes)

On who would make a better Home Secretary:

Amber Rudd: 43%
Diane Abbott: 12%

(via @ComRes)

Couldn't be bothered reading it.

incidentally Chaddy, for me, that Fallon video highlights why so many people get so frustrated by politicians. Fallon is clearly not saying what he believes, he's saying what he thinks he should say to better his own parties interests. All parties do it, but the Tories in this election campaign where they're trying to win it based simply on the negatives associated with Corbyn, are seemingly prepared to say ANYTHING at all that they think fit. 

I think that's hurting them.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Chaddy I admire you for continuing to argue your point in here with, I think, no support from other posters with similar views. 

I do have to say your wish list fe decent wages, the NHS, education etc. is not going to happen under the Conservatives. I don't know your life at all but I do have a lot of experience of how seven years of austerity have hammered the poor, the disadvantaged, the disabled and now they are coming for the rest of us.

If we want a decent NHS it must be paid for by you and me. Don't underestimate the costs. I've spent the last week supporting someone having hip replacement at Wrightington. A world leading hospital and a world reknowned surgeon. I was there 24 hours a day for 4 days. The facilities, standards, staff are outstanding. The care level is about one staff member to three patients - under some circumstances it's very close to one to one. 

Have you any idea what this costs? That's the choice vote for the security of the finest healthcare system in the world - or vote Tory. 

If you really want the things you've posted about in recent weeks you're making the wrong choices.

The country needs massive capital investment, especially in the north.

Just ask yourself how is all of this to be paid for? It's our country and you, me and every individual has to pay a fair share. Under the Tories there simply will not be tax equality, you will be hit proportionally harder, you will be poorer under Brexit, you and your family will pay the price.

It's a simple choice equality or Tory. Up to you. 

Hope the op was successful Paul.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What is a hard brexit? 

And how do.you know I and family will be poorer?

1. Daft question if you'd really been following current affairs for the past year.

2. Because GDP is forecast to be much lower owing to reduced economic activity, impoverishing most people but particularly lower and middle income earners.

So vote Tory and you get a hard Brexit and reduced public services, which you will have to pay for out of your own pocket.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

1. Daft question if you'd really been following current affairs for the past year.

2. Because GDP is forecast to be much lower owing to reduced economic activity, impoverishing most people but particularly lower and middle income earners.

So vote Tory and you get a hard Brexit and reduced public services, which you will have to pay for out of your own pocket.

Its a forecast but it must deffo. Nobody what might happen in the future. All depends what kind of deal we get. So basically no one knows. Far too many predictions and no facts

And How do you know its going to affect my family? 

7 hours ago, den said:

Hope the op was successful Paul.

Very thanks den. Discharged tomorrow and first indications are the improvement is significant. 

• Backroom
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a forecast but it must deffo. Nobody what might happen in the future. All depends what kind of deal we get. So basically no one knows. Far too many predictions and no facts

And How do you know its going to affect my family? 

If people have money, they will spend it.

If people don't have money, they can't spend it.

If the economic forecast by many experts (99% correct) says the economy isn't going to grow, it means you won't be spending as much (you won't have as much of it to spend).

Just watched the May/Corbyn debate tonight on Channel 4/Sky news

Thought Corbyn didn't properly answered some questions like the IRA question, Drone question, The small business question by the guy from Manchester who has 22 workers and owned a pharmacy/ies,

He totally ignored the small business question about raising taxes on him, putting in a higher wage, getting rid of zero hours contracts.

I detest the answer on Bin Laben. This is a guy who killed thousands of innocent people around the world.

He keeps talking about peace but that's only worked if these terrorist group and some countries played by the same morals and values that we believe in. which these dont

On May, at times she looked uncomfortable but he was open and honest with answered

Thought her answer on Brexit and walking away from a bad deal was spot on and right. We shouldn't be held hostage by the EU.

He gave a proper answer on social care and explained it much better than before.

For me, neither won as both had good and bad points during the debate. But Corbyn couldn't give proper answers on a few questions and give answers that wasn't related to the questions 

Did you really watch it chaddy?

I thought Corbyn demonstrated precisely why he should be our next Prime Minister. While Maybot gave us nothing of substance. 

For me it's clear elect Corbyn and he will do his level best to deliver the Labour manifesto. We therefore know what we are voting for. Elect May and the Tories will do whatever they want regardless of what may or may not have been in their manifesto. A Conservative vote is a leap into the unknown. 

I've always liked Corbyn and for me he grows in stature daily. This is a principled man who will lead our country in a calm, thoughtful and peaceful manner. He is to be respected, something it's impossible to say about May.

The tide is turning from an odds on Conservative landslide in April to the possibility of a minority Tory government or even a second coalition led by Labour.

i simply hope Corbyn hasn't left this too late. 

Just now, Paul said:

Did you really watch it chaddy?

I thought Corbyn demonstrated precisely why he should be our next Prime Minister. While Maybot gave us nothing of substance. 

For me it's clear elect Corbyn and he will do his level best to deliver the Labour manifesto. We therefore know what we are voting for. Elect May and the Tories will do whatever they want regardless of what may or may not have been in their manifesto. A Conservative vote is a leap into the unknown. 

I've always liked Corbyn and for me he grows in stature daily. This is a principled man who will lead our country in a calm, thoughtful and peaceful manner. He is to be respected, something it's impossible to say about May.

The tide is turning from an odds on Conservative landslide in April to the possibility of a minority Tory government or even a second coalition led by Labour.

i simply hope Corbyn hasn't left this too late. 

Yes I watched. 

Didnt answer about 3 or 4 questions. 

Complete ignore the question from the guy from Manchester. 

Weak on defence and thats not what we need now. 

His answer on UBL was weak. 

Tories have 6-8 points advantage. May answer on Brexit and being tough with them has probably won her the election. 

Dont like many of Corbyn's policies. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I watched. 

Didnt answer about 3 or 4 questions. 

Complete ignore the question from the guy from Manchester. 

Weak on defence and thats not what we need now. 

His answer on UBL was weak. 

Tories have 6-8 points advantage. May answer on Brexit and being tough with them has probably won her the election. 

Dont like many of Corbyn's policies. 

May has backtracked, wobbled and hissyfitted on every policy, yet people still believe she's "strong, stable and tough."

General public get everything they deserve politically, and it's a deep black hole that awaits.

Slogan Politics for malleable idiots.

chaddy you need to wake up. Theresa May has lied to and failed the British public for the past seven years. She clearly believes Brexit is against the country's interests, the moment pressure is applied either from within or without her party she buckles. This person cannot be seen as a serious leader to take us through the most difficult period of our recent history. 

She's thrown away three precious months of Brexit negotiations by calling the election she promised not to call. What will she do next to delay Brexit negotiations  - summer holidays?

Historically we have all paid for other people's care throughout our working lives. May is going to ensure you or your family pay for yours.

"No one will have to sell their house IN THEIR LIFETIME." Dead people can't vote. Don't expect your children to inherit anything. 

Just now, Batman. said:

May has backtracked, wobbled and hissyfitted on every policy, yet people still believe she's "strong, stable and tough."

General public get everything they deserve politically, and it's a deep black hole that awaits.

Slogan Politics for malleable idiots.

Like I said earlier - Turkey's voting for Christmas. I can't weigh people up. They'd rather have Trident than a proper NHS. What a bloody waste of money that is. Can anybody describe a circumstance were the Americans would allow us to use it on our own ? If it's so vital to a nations survival how come the Germans seem to manage without  nuclear submarines ?

Any leader prepared to contemplate using a weapon that would probably lead to the extinction of most of the World's population want's locking up.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Like I said earlier - Turkey's voting for Christmas. I can't weigh people up. They'd rather have Trident than a proper NHS. What a bloody waste of money that is. Can anybody describe a circumstance were the Americans would allow us to use it on our own ? If it's so vital to a nations survival how come the Germans seem to manage without  nuclear submarines ?

Any leader prepared to contemplate using a weapon that would probably lead to the extinction of most of the World's population want's locking up.

The one that best summed up the spineless British Public was the woman who said "how can you justify the lies told by those Tory Politicians about the £350m a week that we can give to the NHS that led to me and many others voting "Leave?""

May then went on to answer a completely different question and despite being given the chance to follow the question up, the empty shell just sat back and accepted May's usual diverting nonsense and buzzwords.

That was the moment I stopped caring about the consequences of Brexit. The people will get what the people deserve.

Just now, Batman. said:

The one that best summed up the spineless British Public was the woman who said "how can you justify the lies told by those Tory Politicians about the £350m a week that we can give to the NHS that led to me and many others voting "Leave?""

May then went on to answer a completely different question and despite being given the chance to follow the question up, the empty shell just sat back and accepted May's usual diverting nonsense and buzzwords.

That was the moment I stopped caring about the consequences of Brexit. The people will get what the people deserve.

Me too. My personal circumstances ( retired and reasonably well off after 50 years of work ) mean that I should be OK whatever happens to Brexit. If the worst comes to the worst I could always bugger off to our apartment in Spain. I do worry for the future of my kids and grand kids though. It's going to be a shambles whoever's running the negotiations. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Told you before - May stamping her feet will deliver a hard Brexit - and it you don't know what it means look it up. 

The support for May was only really evident when she reasserted her "no deal is better than a bad deal" argument again.

she got the support of brexiteers for that. REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? Brexiteers are so determined to leave - no matter how badly it affects the country? Well obviously they are. Getting the result they voted for, even though they were assured all the way through the campaign that the UK would get a good deal, is all that matters to them? 

thats what the opposition is up against.

Brexiteers accept the country will be poorer but don't think they will be worse off personally - how that works I do not know when sterling is already down about 15 per cent since last June, letting the inflation genie out of the bottle and resulting in higher prices in the shops. 

They also have no understanding of how wages will continue to stagnate because of the poltical and economic uncertainty and that living standards will decline. A vote for May will make things worse for a substantial proportion of the population - the white working class that voted to leave. 

Archived