BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert could quit wolves over transfer policy

Just now, arbitro said:

Foreign owners once again. If this is correct they could well be following us on our slippery slope.

Not quite. They are foreign but they have been pumping money into Wolves like it's running out of fashion. Fosum are beyond rich. Also Jorge Mendes' contacts in the footballing world is beyond Jerome the Snake Anderson's comprehension. They aren't heading our way any time soon.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Not quite. They are foreign but they have been pumping money into Wolves like it's running out of fashion. Fosum are beyond rich. Also Jorge Mendes' contacts in the footballing world is beyond Jerome the Snake Anderson's comprehension. They aren't heading our way any time soon.

What about the motive behind the self serving Mendes? Rich is better as far as some of the leeches are concerned. And the money spent to date hasn't exactly paid any dividends.

Just now, arbitro said:

What about the motive behind the self serving Mendes? Rich is better as far as some of the leeches are concerned. And the money spent to date hasn't exactly paid any dividends.

You could say that Jorge Mendes has more to lose by getting it wrong. His reputation as a super-agent would be diminished and any future earnings, which total millions no doubt, would be lost. Whereas Jerome saw a scheme to get rich and get out, Mendes is already super rich and would only serve to lose any interest in the future.

I have to say I am only speculating but Mendes and Fosum are, to me, leaps and bounds ahead of Venky's and Anderson. I have no doubt that if Lambert will walk (who, by the way, spent a huge amount on Weimenn for the second time in his diminishing career) they will have another manager ready to step into the managerial spot just as competent as Zenga/PL.

You could say that Jorge Mendes has more to lose by getting it wrong. His reputation as a super-agent would be diminished and any future earnings, which total millions no doubt, would be lost. Whereas Jerome saw a scheme to get rich and get out, Mendes is already super rich and would only serve to lose any interest in the future.

I have to say I am only speculating but Mendes and Fosum are, to me, leaps and bounds ahead of Venky's and Anderson. I have no doubt that if Lambert will walk (who, by the way, spent a huge amount on Weimenn for the second time in his diminishing career) they will have another manager ready to step into the managerial spot just as competent as Zenga/PL.

Time will tell mate. You could well be correct but history with foreign owners and agents decrees otherwise.

Mendes' reputation is already quite dented after having his fingers in too many pies at Valencia the last few seasons (check their league position to see how that went). Could be that him and his associates are making Wolves part of a network of clubs that they can transfer players between and get richer off of various percentage fees while the clubs get easy access to a strong stable of players. 

It was Mendes who got the Chinese to the table so I expect there'll be only one winner between him and Lambert on transfer policy. Seems a bit rich when Lambert is 'head coach' and yet seemingly ready to throw his toys out of the pram because he doesn't get his own signings.

Wolves will throw fortunes at it (conveniently avoiding FFP punishment as expected) but it will take them time to get it right. Eventually someone on the money side will put a structure in place that works and they'll get promoted. It might take a few years whilst the power struggles take place, but unlike Venkys they won't allow things to drift forever and they won't cease funding after a few seasons of missing out.

Plus they will actually invest in the club rather than just paying the bills and expecting credit for honouring contracts they have given out.

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Only bought him once, for Villa. On loan this time. Got 3 goals in 12 for Wolves as well......

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

It was Mendes who got the Chinese to the table so I expect there'll be only one winner between him and Lambert on transfer policy. Seems a bit rich when Lambert is 'head coach' and yet seemingly ready to throw his toys out of the pram because he doesn't get his own signings.

It's hard to say without knowing how the conversation went between him and Wolves' owners initially. It's entirely possible they told him he would have control over transfer policy and are now reneging on that promise, in which case he has every right to be upset. He's already dealt with one set of lying owners in Venky's - if this is the same scenario he's better off out of it. On the other hand, considering the way football works these days, he might be better off out of the sport in general. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JHRover said:

Wolves will throw fortunes at it (conveniently avoiding FFP punishment as expected) but it will take them time to get it right. Eventually someone on the money side will put a structure in place that works and they'll get promoted. It might take a few years whilst the power struggles take place, but unlike Venkys they won't allow things to drift forever and they won't cease funding after a few seasons of missing out.

Plus they will actually invest in the club rather than just paying the bills and expecting credit for honouring contracts they have given out.

I must admit, I found this a bit weird as well. Lambert must have known of the involvement of Mendes when he signed! :huh:

It's good to see the FA doing their homework on owners and allowing agents to run things at another club.....'fit and proper', don't make me laugh.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Only bought him once, for Villa. On loan this time. Got 3 goals in 12 for Wolves as well......

My mistake. It was Costa they spent 12 million on. Always had it in my head it was him he spent the money on.

Regardless, 3 goals in 12 isn't by any means influential. Saw him play regularly at Aston Villa and by no means impressed.

Just now, DE. said:

It's hard to say without knowing how the conversation went between him and Wolves' owners initially. It's entirely possible they told him he would have control over transfer policy and are now reneging on that promise, in which case he has every right to be upset. He's already dealt with one set of lying owners in Venky's - if this is the same scenario he's better off out of it. On the other hand, considering the way football works these days, he might be better off out of the sport in general. 

The signings of Marshall and Weimann look like they are Lamberts signings. Perhaps when he joined he was told he was given control of the signings but have now decided to let Mendes run the show over the summer.

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

The signings of Marshall and Weimann look like they are Lamberts signings. Perhaps when he joined he was told he was given control of the signings but have now decided to let Mendes run the show over the summer.

It seems that way to me. From what I read on their message board Lambert stated when he signed that he would walk if he didn't have control over incomings and outgoings, so it sounds to me like he was told he would have the final say on such things, regardless of his official title.

An agent controlling a club only ends one way. We've seen it happen to us and it's happened to countless others. Like every other club, Wolves' fans will bury their heads in the sand and pretend things might work out until it's too late and they are already up the creek without their paddle. 

• Moderation Lead

My mistake. It was Costa they spent 12 million on. Always had it in my head it was him he spent the money on.

Regardless, 3 goals in 12 isn't by any means influential. Saw him play regularly at Aston Villa and by no means impressed.

Oh aye, looking at the Wolves forum, it seems like the article in The Telegraph was embellishing quite a lot re their influence. 3 in 12 isn't a bad return from a winger though, in fairness!

I wouldn't mind seeing a player score 3 in general!

• Moderation Lead

Maybe they saw the rumours of Lambert being prepared to spend 3m on Steele and thought they better nip that one in the bud quickly....

If anyone was seriously thinking of spending £3 Million on Jason Steele, I'd recommend some counseling for them.

I suspect Lambert may well have been interested in Steele and the figure was plucked out of the air by the media. Don't forget, Hull and WBA were allegedly interested in Jason Lowe on a free a few months ago.....

Just now, K-Hod said:

If anyone was seriously thinking of spending £3 Million on Jason Steele, I'd recommend some counseling for them.

I suspect Lambert may well have been interested in Steele and the figure was plucked out of the air by the media. Don't forget, Hull and WBA were allegedly interested in Jason Lowe on a free a few months ago.....

Wouldn't pay 3 beans for the lad, all due respect to him. For a goalkeeper his decision making, organisation and handling leaves more than a lot to be desired. The odd great save only serves to deceive.

Does Jason Lowe need a lift to Hull?

• Backroom
Just now, K-Hod said:

Even Nixon scoffed at the Steele to Wolves for £3m story, and it was written by the paper he works for. 

Keep in mind this is the same paper that told us Bowyer was definitely sacked in August 2015, only to backtrack and erase the original article from history when it turned out to be completely wrong. Not worth wiping one's arse on.

Even the bloke who wrote the story couldn't make his mind up what the 'bid' was for. The article said 2 million and the headline said 3 million! Divide that by ten and someone might take a punt on him as a back up.

• Backroom

Maybe Lambert is preparing his exit, still think he had it planned at rovers all along, do well enough and leave due to dodgy owners with a better rep than when you started.

He held up his end of the bargain and has done the same at Wolves he's probably not far off another shot in the Premier League 

Archived