BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

Just now, K-Hod said:

I'll guess that due to the cuts they were under-resourced...

Would have thought that this is electoral dynamite to throw at the Conservatives in the run up to Thursday.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many were incarcerated during the troubles, now there is not that much conflict. I'd say beware of those arguments where people say it doesn't work. In France right now, rumour has it that dangerous individuals are now disappearing, per clandestine gaols or however.  I don't see how many of these incidences one needs.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Another Abbott car crash interview and didnt know much about the report from the shadow home secretary

http://dailym.ai/2sKiI1l

Here are 127 recommendations made to London mayor last October

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/significant-and-wide-ranging-independent-report

Here's the mayors plan in response:

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/mayors-new-plan-for-a-safer-london

You'll note the continued cuts to the policing budget, and how he has had to divert funding from other areas to try and keep the police numbers as high as he can.

Here Sadiq Khan's warning to the PM on terrorism in February:

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/starkest-warning-yet

Any comment on this Chaddy?

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its time we put barries between the road and walkaways. Would stop these people using vehicles as weapons

On every road in England? 

Just now, Biz said:

Thought you'd left politics till Friday? 

Talking about measures to protect our major cities from terrorism and extremists 

Just now, Tom said:

On every road in England? 

In major Cities like London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Birmingham, 

And accross every bridge in London. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Another Abbott car crash interview and didnt know much about the report from the shadow home secretary

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/significant-and-wide-ranging-independent-report

Do you only read one paper? You're as balanced as half an Octopus, but unfortunately not as politically astute.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Talking about measures to protect our major cities from terrorism and extremists 

A good start would be the scummy media not plastering the faces of the terrorists across their newspapers along with intricate details of how they instigated their attack. 

Also not using every headline possible to strike fear through people, therefore further encouraging copycat attacks.

The only paper you read are the worst protagonists of this. But then you'd have nothing to compare them to.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its time we put barries between the road and walkaways. Would stop these people using vehicles as weapons

This is already happening at large scale public events such as rock concerts.

I have a good friend in the police force who has attended two such recent events as an audience member. My friend commented while the general public would not have noticed it was apparent both the positioning of and type of temporary barriers has been changed. I didn't ask how, I know there are points beyond which my friend will not comment.

A key point for me is what happens which we, as members of the public, are unaware of. Increased policing, more obvious armed police, bag searches etc. are things we notice. It's the unnoticed actions which are more important just are the numerous occasions the authorities will identify and intercept suspects, sadly judgements have to be made and some will be missed. 

To my mind the Manchester and London terrorists will always be the hardest to catch. Clearly there was a degree of planning but the attacks, especially the London one, seem almost  spontaneous which surely is harder to counter than known or suspected cells or individuals?

Currently it's hard to see how the authorities are going to monitor every potential terrorist who makes an almost spur of the moment decision to attack. 

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you no comment on the Philip Hammond car-crash interview where he got his figures jumbled up and so wrong in fact, that by his calculations, you can feed every child in Britain for 6.8p per meal? Ah yes, of course you don't, it wasn't reported in The Daily Mail. Why would it be? It's almost like a Conservative supporting paper has an agenda.....

You'd help yourself a lot Chaddy, if you had a deeper look into what's really going on, I'll be honest. Take 5 minutes away from here, have a Google and you'd be amazed at what you will find, instead of what is simply presented to you by media with vested interests.....

Why stop at guns? Guns are for soft lads.

Lets arm our citizens with maces, halberds, lochaber axes, spears, nunchuks, garottes, pirate swords, throwing stars, crossbows, AK-47's, claymore mines, war hammers, pick axe handles, artificial limbs, bolas and itching powder.

I'd sure feel safe at night walking down the street seeing everyone with some sort of weapon in their hand.

"There is no throwing of ninja stars in the green zone. Please hand your ninja stars in at the nearest saloon bar. In case of terrorist attack, please use pirate weapons only. Thank you, and have a nice day."

Just now, broadsword said:

Lets arm our citizens with maces, halberds, lochaber axes, spears, nunchuks, garottes, pirate swords, throwing stars, crossbows, AK-47's, claymore mines, war hammers, pick axe handles, artificial limbs, bolas and itching powder.

I'd sure feel safe at night walking down the street seeing everyone with some sort of weapon in their hand.

"There is no throwing of ninja stars in the green zone. Please hand your ninja stars in at the nearest saloon bar. In case of terrorist attack, please use pirate weapons only. Thank you, and have a nice day."

Well if you don't trust citizenry.... 

43 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

I watched Diane Abbott interview on TV last night. She was a complete disgrace. She could hardly speak let alone answer anything. Clueless. Corbyn is completely unelectable and thank god if he thinks this woman is fit for office. She isn't fit to make the office tea.

Labour trying to blame cuts which are nothing to do with the situation. If the police responded and killed the 3rd one in 8 minutes then that's pretty good. The cuts are only there because of Labours overspending. Complete idiots that lot. Trying to make cheap gains on the back of terror.

We need to round up these 3000 and send them to Guantanamo Bay and Donald's pleasure. They will be made safe there and I believe they have vacancies. Much cheaper than putting barriers everywhere or any other stupid idea.

And I thought you only knew nothing about football.

46 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Rochdale on a Saturday night-Sunday morning is like Dodge City now. It's only a year or two back some wanna be gangster took his car and drove it at speed past the front of two bars scattering drinkers everywhere. How somebody wasn't killed I just don't know. What it would be like if you armed the citizenry I shudder to think. I wouldn't mind the knob heads getting shot, it's the innocent bystanders I feel sorry for. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Even if they were banned, they'd just end up on the dark web.....

Well then lets do nothing then and keep letting these bombings happening. 

Do you have a way to stop them or just against every idea thats might stop these bombings? 

Archived