BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FAO lower league gurus. Who should we target?

Slightly biased because of a family connection, but a young lad at Sheffield Utd, Ben Whiteman. Was on loan at Mansfield last season and scored a few, including a goal of the month and all that....Sheff Utd give him a new contract but its not mega bucks.   Was at Manchester United since he was anout 8 to 16. Much better than the shiit we have knocking about the place.  Attacking mid, or right wing back midfield.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Someone on here once mention this player Erhun Oztumer. Said he was good and skilful. Never seem him live

Here are some clips of him 

Watch "Erhun Oztumer Compilation 16/17" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/8M22QloLJX0

Only 5 foot 3 tall. That's 2 inches smaller than little Alan wright was! Reading up on him though, seems like that disadvantage has spurred him on to prove folk wrong, inc Burnley who rejected him after a trial.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Someone on here once mention this player Erhun Oztumer. Said he was good and skilful. Never seem him live

Impressive. Skilful and has a decent goal goal scoring record. Uses his low centre of gravity extremely well.

League of Ireland is worth a look. Preston have signed Boyle, Horgan and Maguire from there for peanuts. 3 decent players who I think will get better playing in the Championship. Two of whom are international players. 

On an unrelated note, just realized the other day the Ireland international starting 11 has 4 players from Burnley, Ward, Long, Brady and Hendrick. A major downside to Burnelys continued ascent. 

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Slightly biased because of a family connection, but a young lad at Sheffield Utd, Ben Whiteman. Was on loan at Mansfield last season and scored a few, including a goal of the month and all that....Sheff Utd give him a new contract but its not mega bucks.   Was at Manchester United since he was anout 8 to 16. Much better than the shiit we have knocking about the place.  Attacking mid, or right wing back midfield.

Looks useful from Google and youtube info.

Surely better of staying at Sheff U a very good well run club on the up.

14 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Not lower league exactly but Louis Moult of Motherwell

That's a decent shout ------At risk of repeating a post on transfers thread, Rovers can maybe only afford one gamble on a lower league player, the squad is so thin that all signings have to be for the first team and, as far as it can be, proven at league 1 level [at least].  

Motherwell have taken a few English players from the National league, Louis Moult, Richard Tait, Marvin Johnson  and Craig Clay - they seem to have worked for them in the SPL -

Motherwell also took Elliot Frear from Forest Green [my local club] and I rated him as one of the better left sided 'traditional' tricky wingers in that league.  Fast and direct and a great crosser.  That said, the best wide player I saw down at FGR last year was Nathan Arnold at Lincoln, he looked a mile above the standard of those around him, every time he was free in space he seemed to have a goal threat in him.  

As I said in the 'other thread' lower league punts may deliver you a Vardy [or a Varney]

35 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Danny Rowe has been around a lot, there is a reason he's not playing any higher than he currently is. 

did they not say the same things  about jamie vardy and Rowe  is still only 25

Different Danny Rowe, you're on about the one who was at Stockport and Macc and is at Ipswich now I think.

Danny Rowe at Fylde is 27/28 ish.

He's had numerous issues with fitness, desire and professionalism and at late 20's I cant see it happening or him being good enough.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Looks useful from Google and youtube info.

Surely better of staying at Sheff U a very good well run club on the up.

yes but the money isnt great....and he was out on loan all season. Hes fairly local too....Middleton lad. Ive seen our younger players and he his much better and can score to from midfield.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I mentioned him last year as I watch a pboro game, when he was on a free, little magician floating in behind the big man they had up top. Very quick feet.

Moult is quite Rhodes like, great finisher not blessed with pace, goals at Wrexham and Motherwell of 1 in 2 games. I'd take him, cost over 500k though.

Big centre half from Motherwell Ben Heneghan on verge of Burnley move 350 k plus add ons. Joined last summer from Chester City, he'd be a star here. I like John Souttar and McGhee at Hearts.

• Backroom
16 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Only 5 foot 3 tall. That's 2 inches smaller than little Alan wright was! Reading up on him though, seems like that disadvantage has spurred him on to prove folk wrong, inc Burnley who rejected him after a trial.

Let's have him then! Perfect motivation. 

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

League of Ireland is worth a look. Preston have signed Boyle, Horgan and Maguire from there for peanuts. 3 decent players who I think will get better playing in the Championship. Two of whom are international players. 

On an unrelated note, just realized the other day the Ireland international starting 11 has 4 players from Burnley, Ward, Long, Brady and Hendrick. A major downside to Burnelys continued ascent. 

Yeah but have they ever had a team choc-full of international captains?

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Moult is quite Rhodes like, great finisher not blessed with pace, goals at Wrexham and Motherwell of 1 in 2 games. I'd take him, cost over 500k though.

Let's sign him up. It would provide a month or two of discussion, arguments and bans on here if he is like JR lol.

19 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

But does he run the channels?

Archived