BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Namoxas said:

Why not? They took jay mceveley and Andy Todd..

Good for them, looking after their rejects isn't something I want Blackburn Rovers to do. We might have plummeted on and off the pitch in recent years but the thought of watching their reserves running around in blue and white on Ewood makes me sick.

Just now, Namoxas said:

FCK sake. How much has that cost us?

Not bad work for Stokes. Rovers should have included a clause in the termination agreement that he cannot play for another club for the remaining duration of his contract otherwise he forfeits any money owed to him by Rovers.

Now watch him sign for Hibs in the next fortnight.

Just now, Namoxas said:

If it improves our squad, yes.

Fair enough, not for me. I'd sooner we selected our players from any of the other thousands of professional clubs around the world and avoided business with that lot if at all possible.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not bad work for Stokes. Rovers should have included a clause in the termination agreement that he cannot play for another club for the remaining duration of his contract otherwise he forfeits any money owed to him by Rovers.

Now watch him sign for Hibs in the next fortnight.

Yes 'gardening' leave never seems to apply to players only managers., strange.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

What's he been banned for?

What does Namoxas spell backwards?  :rover: It's about his 20th re-registration.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I meant originally. Has he not been Dacky and JayPeeBee too?

He's been several other accounts. Some pretty extreme trolling, I believe. In any case, any other re-registrations will suffer the same fate.

Anyhow, transfers!

Heh, not even a "thanks and good luck" from the club... I admit to feeling fairly optimistic when Stokes first signed, but he turned out to be a classic Venkys purchase. Good riddance, I hope his severance fee wasn't too great. 

23 minutes ago, lraC said:

A serious question, as I am curious and I hopefully don't offend asking it. Do you know Paul Senior personally?

No, I don't know him personally. 

Although that isn't really your question, is it? You are implying why did I make a positive comment about him? The reason I did was because he did appoint Mowbray and it looks to have been a  good appointment. You and some others on here ,for some reason, seem incapable of giving people credit for things they do well, but are very quick to criticize when things go wrong. 

• Moderation Lead

Whenever a player leaves by 'mutual consent' it always seems to be more mutually beneficial for the player.

Blackburn Rovers FC, where we pay players to leave and don't get paid transfer fees......

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So you'd be happy if we signed 6 players from Burnley this summer, 3 kids on loan and 3 they were desperate to get rid of, and played them every game next season?

In all fairness I know where you are coming from but in the interests of success I don't mind where they come from as long as they fit into and abide by the clubs and TM ethos 

Pay offs not play offs - long been the mantra under Venkys. Players, agents, managers will know this well hence why we keep getting landed with trash.

Hopefully the audit has finally put an end to this.

It's frustrating but loads of clubs do it.  Lambert just got paid off by Cardiff, there are dozens every season in each league.  The reason we think our club is a shambles for is it because that is understandably our clear focus but there is obvious logic though understandable frustration.

Archived