BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bristol Rovers (H) 25.11.17

J*B

He's back at it again, Cass the Cat predicted Rovers would lose at Oxford and hasn't been seen since. If you enjoy these videos please remember to like them on YouTube, you'll get them first exclusively on BRFCS.

This is the match thread!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It was in his contract then.  

Are regular contributors to the site allowed to do Match threads now or just the 'wacky Yank'?

Some bloody cheek, you asked us to get him! 

Anyone can do them, can I sign you up for Blackpool?

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

Some bloody cheek, you asked us to get him! 

Anyone can do them, can I sign you up for Blackpool?

Ha, not quite true, I merely pointed you in his direction! I may do Blackpool if I'm feeling less precious at some point :lol:

2-1 to the original BRFC. A late winner from the Aberdeen Goal Machine.

ooh ar, me hearties

I'm cautiously optomistic for the first time in a while. If we can't win these sorts of games we can't seriously expect to be promoted.

All things being equal, my team.

Raya.

Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams.

Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Antonnson.

Dack.

Samuel.

If Evans is injured again ( almost a certainty ) I suppose Whittingham will play in his place. I'd like to see Tomlinson get a game as a future Evans replacement  but he seems to have vanished.

This is our current home record against teams in the top/bottom half of the league as things currently stand.

Top half
W    2
D    1
L    0

Bottom half
W    2
D    1
L    2

I actually thought our home record was worse than that.

Bristol Rovers are in the worst form in the league as of late (5 losses in the last 6), so with us perhaps finally getting some consistency, you'd have to think a big win is on the cards. On that note, I'll got for Rovers 1 - Rovers 2 :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We need a quick start and to take our chances. Knock the spirit out of them early and they will crumble. 

Yep cant let them settle - the longer it goes on the more confortable they will get.

Huge game is this. For God knows how many times over the past seven years we've gone on mini runs only to come crashing back down to earth with a pathetic home performance. A comfortable win here and I think we can start to believe, but in all honesty I'd take a 1-0 off Danny Graham's fat arse so long as we get the three points.

Rovers 2 Bristol Rovers 1

18 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Let's have a look at a similar situation from another league this week. Bristol City v PNE. Home team form WWWD, away team LLLD. Home team in play-off position, away team mid table.

Result City 1 PNE 2.

Hence my prediction!

Obviously we're favourites to win, and should be the most likely outcome, but it's as though some football fans never learn how football works.

The coming together of two BRFC's, during the senventies don't think I, ever witnessed us win against the gas heads until that is Howard Kendal arrived on the scene. Todays pirates surely dont have the calibre of Bannister and Warboys amongst their ranks capable of plundering the points so it's over to Tony to maintain that constancy that he's talked about.

Come saturday teatime it's going to be good night Irene as the pirates hit stormy northern waters.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

The coming together of two BRFC's, during the senventies don't think I, ever witnessed us win against the gas heads until that is Howard Kendal arrived on the scene. Todays pirates surely dont have the calibre of Bannister and Warboys amongst their ranks capable of plundering the points so it's over to Tony to maintain that constancy that he's talked about.

Come saturday teatime it's going to be good night Irene as the pirates hit stormy northern waters.

It’s the gas they call themselves now. Hoping for fine rendition of Good Night Irene to liven things up.

Archived