BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

• Backroom
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Who'd celebrate promotion? What for exactly? Going up where we should be and beating teams with a fraction of what we have now? The Team largely still of last years rejects should be ashamed of the fact we are even down here. 

I'd celebrate promotion - it would be a successful season in isolation.

Time for Danny Graham to prove himself, my concern today is our bench is totally devoid of any creativity at all.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As i was making my late lunch sandwich, I was thinking "so long as we have Mulgrew and Dack, we can pretty well hack it".

That looks like whatever passes for a full strength team. 

Just hope it doesn't hide too many paracetomol cases under the weather. Even in League 1, only being at 90% fitness is bad enough to lose us a game.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'd celebrate promotion - it would be a successful season in isolation.

Time for Danny Graham to prove himself, my concern today is our bench is totally devoid of any creativity at all.

Apart from Samuel it’s beyond awful in terms of being able to call upon players who can have an impact. Reinforces how desperately we need to act early in the window.

COYB - fancy us to sneak to today, 2-1 with Whittingham getting his first for the club.

When was the last time we had a "winger/wide man" that scored and contributed to as many goals as Antonsson has done?? Sure he's not a lone frontman and has his faults but be careful what you wish for...

As for Whittingham - have to admit he is probably first choice at the moment. Good that Samuel is on the bench - gives the option to go full on attack if we are behind and/or replace DG for the last 25 if we are leading.

Edit: prediction unfortunately is for us to lose this one despite a better performance. Just that "gut feeling" after getting away with it against Dale

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Who'd celebrate promotion? What for exactly? Going up where we should be and beating teams with a fraction of what we have now? The Team largely still of last years rejects should be ashamed of the fact we are even down here. 

What are you even on about?

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Any other team known to be suffering from illness like ours? Seems particularly bad this time. Might be the new found bromance or team spirit of this lot. So illness cancels out strength in depth then? 

the team put out is probably the best we can cobble together. Fingers crossed

Maybe i am being incredibly dumb but who are we actually missing that would be first choice?? Ok maybe Conway and Nuttall on the bench but isn't this pretty much our first 11??

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Look at today's team at least six players starting who bottled it last year.

I'm not including Raya who only came in reallt under Mowbray, so 50% of our outfield players starting are 'new'.

Mowbray bottled the end of last season as mych as any player.

Anyway we are in for a win 2-1 today.

That was a good 0-0 Old Firm game!

Mowbray bottled that Barnsley game (two fabulous goals though). Otherwise I thought he didn't do too badly.

Just been reading about novovirus. Hadn't realised the blighter was quite so contagious- could be a much bigger problem at the club within the next 24 hours. No communal bath after the game chaps and disinfect the loos after each and every visit..

Symptoms stop quite quickly but fitness levels likely to be adversely affected by dehydration etc. 

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Mowbray bottled that Barnsley game (two fabulous goals though). Otherwise I thought he didn't do too badly.

Just been reading about novovirus. Hadn't realised the blighter was quite so contagious- could be a much bigger problem at the club within the next 24 hours. No communal bath after the game chaps and disinfect the loos after each and every visit..

Symptoms stop quite quickly but fitness levels likely to be adversely affected by dehydration etc. 

Where does it say they've got norovirus?

9 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Maybe i am being incredibly dumb but who are we actually missing that would be first choice?? Ok maybe Conway and Nuttall on the bench but isn't this pretty much our first 11??

10 more minutes and I am already drunk.

Yes agreed, it’s our best 11, barring conway and Evans. I think I meant to say we had the impression that our squad has depth for the run-in to cater for tiredness and all but it seems we cannot vary much from the team put out there for these handful of matches.

Archived