BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The angle was tight so Raya, anticipating the cross, tried. to cut it out but van Veen went for a shot.  What would have been a routine save was palmed into the net.  

I know I like Raya and so try to see the best,  but he was trying to be proactive and I like that. It was a mistake though and hopefully, he will learn from it.

Great effort from Bennett from distance but good save palms it away.

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Hmm, my view differs from some of the posters up TOP. I thought we are playing better and it looks like a winnable game for the taking.

We definitely got better as the half went on, Scunthorpe do seem very well organised though as somebody previous mentioned

Just now, perthblue02 said:

We definitely got better as the half went on, Scunthorpe do seem very well organised though as somebody previous mentioned

Encouraging signs, got some shots that were blocked, more corners and probably more possession. Can’t think of one time they broke into our D or box. Having said that though, counts for nothing if they score next ??

Stats look ok suggesting we ought to be able to kick on second half.

Having said that, at 1-1, both managers will be plotting victories at half time.

Home Team Blackburn Away Team Scunthorpe
Possession
Home 56%
Away 44%
Shots
Home 8
Away 2
Shots on Target
Home 3
Away 1
Corners
Home 4
Away 1
Fouls
Home 6
Away 7

I don’t know where the myth has come from that we have much better players than anyone else, we clearly don’t. I can’t see anyone beyond Mulgrew and Dack getting in a League 1 team of the year.

After a very well worked goal and a somewhat soft equalizer there’s not been much of note.

Graham has won zero in the air, doesn’t offer an out ball and I’m not sure touched the ball in the last 25 mins. Antonsson might be OK against strugglers but he has nothing to trouble Scunthorpe, been a passenger IMO. Dack alsways looks likely and Bennett has done pretty well, teaming up nicely with the surprisingly good Nyambe.

Smallwood gets stuck in but Whittingham I think is awful, just passes it back to Charlie.

If it were me I’d give Graham and Antonsson the hook at HT and go two up top with Dack out left. 

13 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Hmm, my view differs from some of the posters up TOP. I thought we are playing better and it looks like a winnable game for the taking.

I’d say that’s about right. Definitely getting on top of this game which when you see the half times we must win. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don’t know where the myth has come from that we have much better players than anyone else, we clearly don’t. I can’t see anyone beyond Mulgrew and Dack getting in a League 1 team of the year.

After a very well worked goal and a somewhat soft equalizer there’s not been much of note.

Graham has won zero in the air, doesn’t offer an out ball and I’m not sure touched the ball in the last 25 mins. Antonsson might be OK against strugglers but he has nothing to trouble Scunthorpe, been a passenger IMO. Dack alsways looks likely and Bennett has done pretty well, teaming up nicely with the surprisingly good Nyambe.

Smallwood gets stuck in but Whittingham I think is awful, just passes it back to Charlie.

If it were me I’d give Graham and Antonsson the hook at HT and go two up top with Dack out left. 

Yes they can do better but inroads are being made on both flanks. Whittingham is probably a 6. The delivery for Downing’s header was good I thought. With him taking the set pieces, Mulgrew lurks in the Box. 

On with the second half!

Archived