BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

I wonder if some of it is left over from contacts that were paid up to the likes of Best and stokes ,if you look at the championship the highest agents fees are the relegated clubs with contracts to pay from the season before sundeland are getting value for the £4.3m  they spent.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JAL said:

Thought you said that they are only doing a job for their clients. I'm suprised it's this low Tony. 

Are there accounts to show players who pay their agents a fee ?.

They are doing a job for their clients and they are empowered to get the best deal for them but that's a different thing to the club having to pay the agents extortionate fees. I have said before that the player should pay his agents fees and not the club.

As a union representative you should know this John.

On 04/04/2018 at 09:51, Bigdoggsteel said:

Burnley 3.3 million :o

Sunderland 4.4 million...they are fooked 

How much has the American owner taken out of Sunderland and more importantly out of our country whilst owning Sunderland.

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

How much has the American owner taken out of Sunderland and more importantly our of our country whilst owning Sunderland.

It's not my country, but he is undoubtedly an awful owner. 

Having said that back to back relegation can cleanse a club quickly. Apparently Niall Quinn is leading a consortium to buy the club, he would definitely have the clubs best interest at heart and would be extremely hands on 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's not my country, but he is undoubtedly an awful owner. 

Having said that back to back relegation can cleanse a club quickly. Apparently Niall Quinn is leading a consortium to buy the club, he would definitely have the clubs best interest at heart and would be extremely hands on 

A group of local business people who are very interested in buying back and would take the debt on. 

I dont know who they are but Short has wreck/rip the heart out a proud club with fans who are passionate about their club

Short has lost interest but he's brought a lot of problems upon himself. People can't say he didn't invest but he's made a lot of poor decisions and ill discipline. One of the plus sides of a local owner as they could probably micro manage day to day (Jack was local but restricted to Jersey much of the time) but the likes of Short should appoint someone competent at doing that. Instead he's had people like the ex CEO Bryne who make errors in judgement and they pay her off! Lerner was another who initially invested but also made some awful decisions.

Quinn's proven he can lead a consortium before so he's credible.  

On 04/04/2018 at 08:08, arbitro said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16135948.rovers-spending-on-agents-fee-during-last-12-months-revealed/?ref=mr&lp=8

I was amazed by this. I know there were lots of ins and outs but £750k is quite staggering.

Is there a breakdown of how much each agent/agency received from the club over that period or is that a secret.

34 minutes ago, JAL said:

Is there a breakdown of how much each agent/agency received from the club over that period or is that a secret.

Have a look using Google or a similar search engine.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Rovers had 18 transaction during the 12 months

Link provided below

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/03/payments-fees-intermediaries-030418

But no how much each agent got. Probably keep private for clear reasons

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers had 18 transaction during the 12 months

Link provided below

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/03/payments-fees-intermediaries-030418

But no how much each agent got. Probably keep private for clear reasons

Cheers! it still whilst naming names and agencies doesn't give out information on how much each agent/ agency earned from the club.

What's there to be private for????...... does the fan & club hide the amount they pay to watch each game.?

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan is from Meath, not Dublin. How difficult is it for those rags to get that right? Jesus, just check his Wikipedia. 

If we didn't have to sell last summer, I don't see us having to sell if we get promoted. 

Wasn’t he injured last Summer? And again in January?

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Derby keen on Lenihan according to the red rag (would imagine it's written by our old pal if it's in that sh*te).

Imperative we keep him next season - will be one of our first names on the team sheet.

Actually a Rovers fan was at Preston Marriott earlier this week where Derby's team stayed. He spoke to one of their backroom staff who used to work for Rovers and he said they would show an interest in Lenihan this summer. I told Nixon about this having absolutely no reason to doubt the authenticity of what this fan told me. I mentioned my DM when Nixon tweeted about Derby/Lenihan this morning and he said that he "checked out".

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, I don't think he was injured during the summer. He got injured in the first game v Southend 

Er... [confused emoticon]... which was during the Summer transfer window. But for his lack of fitness, he would have gone to Sheff United.

20 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Actually a Rovers fan was at Preston Marriott earlier this week where Derby's team stayed. He spoke to one of their backroom staff who used to work for Rovers and he said they would show an interest in Lenihan this summer. I told Nixon about this having absolutely no reason to doubt the authenticity of what this fan told me. I mentioned my DM when Nixon tweeted about Derby/Lenihan this morning and he said that he "checked out".

So you're the one that feeds Nixon his exclusives. Hope you're getting commission. Chaddy is your new best friend.

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Er... [confused emoticon]... which was during the Summer transfer window. But for his lack of fitness, he would have gone to Sheff United.

I think Sheff. Utd'd interest had cooled before he was injured. I think they thought they could get a cheap centre half of decent potential expecting a fire sale at Rovers especially with the alleged offers they made.

Archived