BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A scabby deflected shot after a dubious free kick where we had ten players back behind the ball. So yes, a clear indictment of playing three at the back. You’re on a roll tonight.

Are you serious or just one of the pack with a scent of blood in your nostrils?

Take a look at Mowbray’s record playing three at the back. It’s crap.

A win today and we were all but champions. He picked a poor side, made poor substitutions and we lost.

But just like old times, the super fans are out with the defence. I’ve never read so many “yeah buts”.

Today wasn’t good enough. The concern is that it says more about Mowbray than it does about Rovers. Very easy to think that we have been promoted because of the players than the tactics. Next season won’t be as easy.

The tracker is reset for next season.

Just now, Stuart said:

Looked like most of our side were already thinking about a night out in London before 3pm today.

Poor all round.

I don’t agree about the performance but this all over social media is plain wrong. If they’re having a night out make them put the phones away. 

Just now, Paul said:

I don’t agree about the performance but this all over social media is plain wrong. If they’re having a night out make them put the phones away. 

What is wrong about it? They are adults out having a few drinks. If they want to take a few pics, so what? 

Jesus if a team gets relegated and the players went out celebrating and sharing pics on social media I would agree with you, but our lads are celebrating winning promotion 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Well thank God that Ben Gladwin is alive; I was getting worried for a minute.

I think you might be getting him confused with Chapman? Which tells it's own story.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nope, last picture, in the middle next to whoever that fifteen year old is. That’s him isn’t it?

I thought he had blonde hair. Not sure I'd know him if I walked into him.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What is wrong about it? They are adults out having a few drinks. If they want to take a few pics, so what? 

Jesus if a team gets relegated and the players went out celebrating and sharing pics on social media I would agree with you, but our lads are celebrating winning promotion 

Sounds like they've done plenty of celebrating this week.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

1 defeat in 33 before today.

Lol. Exactly what I’m talking about, just keep downgrading/diluting the numbers and re-selling it as success.

Promotion was achieved earlier in the week. Today was a wasted match.

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lol. Exactly what I’m talking about, just keep downgrading/diluting the numbers and re-selling it as success.

Promotion was achieved earlier in the week. Today was a wasted match.

We were unlucky to not at least draw and from what I have read there was no lack of effort. 

If players need a rest to cut the risk of getting an injury, I'm all for it. Job done 

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were unlucky to not at least draw and from what I have read there was no lack of effort. 

If players need a rest to cut the risk of getting an injury, I'm all for it. Job done 

What are they resting for, their night out in London?

Two more games was all that was being asked.

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A scabby deflected shot after a dubious free kick where we had ten players back behind the ball. So yes, a clear indictment of playing three at the back. You’re on a roll tonight.

How many did we score with this extra player upfield.

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unlucky how many did we score.

Just now, Stuart said:

What are they resting for, their night out in London?

Two more games was all that was being asked.

Harry Chapman is in the pics, he won’t be fit until next season. I don’t see the link between having a few drinks in London and performing for 90 minutes on a football pitch?

Just now, imy9 said:

Harry Chapman is in the pics, he won’t be fit until next season. I don’t see the link between having a few drinks in London and performing for 90 minutes on a football pitch?

Has he ever played a full ninety.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

For me the surprise would be if the players weren’t out in London tonight. Do you think it will be a few drinks though? I guess it could be more than a few. 

I’m sure Mowbray will have judged it properly and to my mind if they’re out celebrating tonight it won’t impact next Saturday. 

However cast your mind back to the Gillingham game and people questioning Dack’s social life. I’m pretty sure I read criticism on here of the players being out in Manchester on Wednesday? Then look at the reaction to today’s performance from some fans.

It doesn’t look good and that’s why I think it’s wrong for the players to post on social media. Celebrations are fine but there needs to be a touch of commonsense applied. 

18 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Don’t you?

Archived