BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

Indeed. The players and manager should not get paid for today or next Saturday.

Season ticket holders and those who paid to watch today should be refunded.

If they aren’t going to put a professional shift in and the games don’t matter then fans shouldn’t need to pay and the club should need to pay them.

This is professional sport so paying patrons should expect the manager to pick a team, and the players play, to win.

What happened to the players being relaxed and playing with freedom? Not playing within themselves having been selected as a non-competitive side.

To quote the manager “every change was enforced” and to suggest he’s a liar after the last 12 months... what on Earth do you expect? The game I watched was 11 men and a staff who deserved their money and praise despite the second defeat of 2018.

Thouroughly embarrassing Stuart.

Just now, Biz said:

To quote the manager “every change was enforced” and to suggest he’s a liar after the last 12 months... what on Earth do you expect? The game I watched was 11 men and a staff who deserved their money and praise despite the second defeat of 2018.

Thouroughly embarrassing Stuart.

Grow up Joe

If anything today simply showed that the depth at the club isn't there. It furthers the need for investment in the summer and hopefully Waggot/Cheston saw that.

Completely disappointed not to have leap frogged Wigan as I'd have loved to have beat them to the league but as it would need a very favourable weekend for that to happen.

34 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It matters if you support a team that you want to see win the league.

Of course, but it still doesn’t matter in any material way. Teams drift away at the end of the season for a number of reasons. Just enjoy what they’ve done.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Indeed. The players and manager should not get paid for today or next Saturday.

Season ticket holders and those who paid to watch today should be refunded.

If they aren’t going to put a professional shift in and the games don’t matter then fans shouldn’t need to pay and the club should need to pay them.

This is professional sport so paying patrons should expect the manager to pick a team, and the players play, to win.

What happened to the players being relaxed and playing with freedom? Not playing within themselves having been selected as a non-competitive side.

6 shots to their 1

3 shots on target to their 1

7 corners to their 1

about as non-competitive as you can get...!

The only players selected who haven’t been regularly brought on in recent games in crucial situations were the League One fullback of the year, the goalie who played very well, and Caddis. So I make that one player who really shouldn’t have been on the field, in a game we mostly dominated.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

6 shots to their 1

7 corners to their 1

The only players selected who haven’t been regularly brought on in recent games in crucial situations were the League One fullback of the year, the goalie who played very well, and Caddis. So I make that one player who really shouldn’t have been on the field, in a game we mostly dominated.

Did you watch the game?

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

6 shots to their 1

7 corners to their 1

I definitely wouldn't say we dominated. First half we were atrocious and second half we possibly had the better of it but didn't show much quality in the final 3rd when it mattered.

I really don't understand the "because We've achieved promotion the rest of the season doesn't matter" mentality. Fair enough, we'd clinched promotion but the title was still up for grabs.

It's the same as saying your target is to stay up then shutting up shop in January and February as soon as you hit 40 points. I know Allardyce and Pulis teams have done it fairly regularly but that isn't right either.

Mowbray brought on Whittingham at 1-0 down FFS. I’d sooner have seen Tomlinson given a run. Either it doesn’t matter and let’s have a look at some youngsters or it does matter and we pick a proper side.

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

6 shots to their 1

7 corners to their 1

Have to agree, the squad wasn't THAT weakened. Most of them either start or come on as subs regularly. Just proved what we already know, without Dack we aren't much of a threat going forward. Graham was on from the 63rd minute but he couldn't change anything either. 

Much improvement required over the summer. We're way too good for this league but it'll be a tougher test next season. The gap in quality between the Championship and League 1 really is big, despite the Championship not being anything special either, as the likes of Sheff Utd and Millwall are proving. 

Just now, AlanK said:

oh dear, you're one of them aren't you stuart

What are you on about?

So many folk always seem to want to defend the indefensible. Loser talk on here tonight.

Just now, DE. said:

Have to agree, the squad wasn't THAT weakened. Most of them either start or come on as subs regularly. Just proved what we already know, without Dack we aren't much of a threat going forward. Graham was on from the 63rd minute but he couldn't change anything either. 

Much improvement required over the summer. We're way too good for this league but it'll be a tougher test next season. The gap in quality between the Championship and League 1 really is big, despite the Championship not being anything special either, as the likes of Sheff Utd and Millwall are proving. 

We aren’t even good enough for a play-off place with today’s squad.

Take out Dack and Bennett and we offer very little.

Mowbray has been lucky this season to have had three of the best League One players at his disposal. Whenever he has been asked to make a decision he has got it wrong.

Just now, AlanK said:

2 defeats since October. 

out come the petulant brats

You sound like one of the ‘type’ who used to say ‘we’re top half, 10 points clear, 5 points clear, one win from safety, etc, etc’.

Loser talk.

Just now, Stuart said:

We aren’t even good enough for a play-off place with today’s squad.

Take out Dack and Bennett and we offer very little.

Mowbray has been lucky this season to have had three of the best League One players at his disposal. Whenever he has been asked to make a decision he has got it wrong.

Yes we do miss Dack, any team would at this level.

Mowbray isn't lucky to have had him. He did his research and signed him. He didn't fall from a shooting star and land on his lap you know. Luck had nothing to do with it.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I definitely wouldn't say we dominated. First half we were atrocious and second half we possibly had the better of it but didn't show much quality in the final 3rd when it mattered.

I really don't understand the "because We've achieved promotion the rest of the season doesn't matter" mentality. Fair enough, we'd clinched promotion but the title was still up for grabs.

It's the same as saying your target is to stay up then shutting up shop in January and February as soon as you hit 40 points. I know Allardyce and Pulis teams have done it fairly regularly but that isn't right either.

Do you think we shut up shop in that performance? End of season stroll? We were busting a gut last 20 mins to get something. After we went to 4-3-3 - three forwards away from home against a playoff team - we looked really good.

Archived