BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

15 hours ago, Takemyhandsboss said:

Due to illness, I now have 2 tickets for the Charlton promotion party. Both singles if anyone wants them drop me a pm. PayPal and face value is all I’m after. Cheers

@Jonson this is the post 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was surprised that they were so blatantly on the lash(sharing pics on Instagram etc), but I wouldn't begrudge them in the slightest. They had Wednesday off by the looks of it, id I was off Wednesday I would have had more than my 1 celebratory beer :) 

They also have today off

Just now, Tom said:

They also have today off

Ya, but they will be in to watch videos etc? I thought I heard Tony say that in one of his interviews. 

I don't really see the need for training at this point. Need to keep everyone sharp and fit, the games have been thick and fast, so no lack of match sharpness 

Just hope they weren't on the beer anyway. Dack wasn't anyway, he shared an Instagram video of himself watching his missus on the tv 

• Backroom

I’m honestly not too concerned now - of course it would be lovely to win the league but it’s almost insignificant compared to the reward of promotion 

It would be nice to win it to put it on the honours board and wipe the smirk off that nasty dingles face, but even if we finish 2nd we still get a trophy and medals etc. or at least Bolton did last season when finishing 2nd. Think it was introduced as 1st and play-off winners got a trophy so it seemed silly that 2nd place didn't get anything for their efforts.

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but they will be in to watch videos etc? I thought I heard Tony say that in one of his interviews. 

I don't really see the need for training at this point. Need to keep everyone sharp and fit, the games have been thick and fast, so no lack of match sharpness 

Just hope they weren't on the beer anyway. Dack wasn't anyway, he shared an Instagram video of himself watching his missus on the tv 

How can you be "on the lash" and not on beer, wine or spirits.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the term. I would use it for a serious boozing session, of which I used to be quite fond.

Anyway a couple of drinks, even with some tottie thrown in, shouldn't inhibit the performance of fit young men. :rover:

A full on session on the other hand.........

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

How can you be "on the lash" and not on beer, wine or spirits.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the term. I would use it for a serious boozing session, of which I used to be quite fond.

Anyway a couple of drinks, even with some tottie thrown in, shouldn't inhibit the performance of fit young men. :rover:

A full on session on the other hand.........

Well I would call clubbing til the small hours on the lash. Samuel shared a pic of Dack they day after and he looked like he had a few the night before ;) 

I don't think it will impact Saturday. They deserved it. When I was in my early to mid 20s I could do anything the day after beer, nowadays a few pints and I require the assistance of an ambulance to go anywhere, unfortunately  

Some people need to get a life. Players outmidweek after winning promotion and fans whinge?

wigon play the dons at home, it’s a banker on every football coupon on rs are serious outsiders in the title chase.

our aim was promotion we got it, let the club celebrate and then re group for next season

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Some people need to get a life. Players outmidweek after winning promotion and fans whinge?

wigon play the dons at home, it’s a banker on every football coupon on rs are serious outsiders in the title chase.

our aim was promotion we got it, let the club celebrate and then re group for next season

It would be nice to go into the Oxford game still in with a chance of snatching it on the final day. To do that we need to win at Charlton or hope Wigan don't beat the Dons. I think Wigan will beat the Dons at home with their eyes closed so we're probably going to need to go and win at Charlton to keep up with them and if we do I think we can win it, as Doncaster won't be an easy place for Wigan to go and win. We can also blow the play-off race back open if we beat Charlton.

Not too fussed really but it would be the icing on the cake if we could do it.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

They were certainly in a club but I think given they’d just achieved their main goal that it’s acceptable and would have been sanctioned by Tony 

That is all part of team bonding as far as I am concerned, it should only be criticised if they put in a poor performance against Charlton.

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

When we can still win the Title?

You need to get a life matey.

If you and the rest think it's not important you are in denial and sucking Paul Cook.

Bless you.

Just now, rigger said:

That is all part of team bonding as far as I am concerned, it should only be criticised if they put in a poor performance against Charlton.

I agree with that and will if they do.

They are called Professional Footballers for a reason.

• Moderation Lead

I'll be honest, as much as I'd love us to win the title, if the players went on an absolutely mad one until 6am and drank the bars dry I wouldn't have cared after Tuesday night.

9 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I think he means when we were promoted in 92 via the playoffs. Ipswich were champions and Middlesbrough were runners up. We finished 6th. 

Still the point stands 2001 or 1992 it's exactly the same and you proved it by remembering Ipswich won it

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I’m honestly not too concerned now - of course it would be lovely to win the league but it’s almost insignificant compared to the reward of promotion 

After shelling out £250 on train and match tickets I'm a bit concerned :)

1 hour ago, Paul said:

After shelling out £250 on train and match tickets I'm a bit concerned :)

Agreed. They have a contractual, ethical and professional obligation to put their all into every training session as well as every game regardless of the circumstances. They then have 8 weeks to go "on the lash".

The above is all conjecture and only applicable if it was proven any player went "on the lash".

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I'll be honest, as much as I'd love us to win the title, if the players went on an absolutely mad one until 6am and drank the bars dry I wouldn't have cared after Tuesday night.

I guess it all depends on how the players approach the game. The main driver if I was a player would be whether I want winner or runner-up on my medal. Or they could toss it off as job done.  And for us fans having the League One trophy to parade on May 5th would the cherry on top of the icing. Oh and the small matter of shoving Cooks words down his throat.

It would be good to win it and I certainly think they should be trying they've had their night out after clinching promotion and that pressure is off now, plenty time to party again in a few weeks in their well earned down time. It will interesting to see now how they play without any burden on their shoulders and we are certainly good enough to win the last two so I hope it goes to the wire.

Always thought Wigan would nick it though I feel they are just that bit stronger than us so if they do they deserve it and no doubt they'll be crowing about it they really are a noisy lot considering they are so few. Doesn't matter really because it'll mean nowt this time next year if they slide back down and we stay up ;)

The other side of the coin is they have been playing under huge pressure non stop now for quite some time. They could very easily relax now and play some great football and give charlton a tonking.

Also the possibility that TM has different ideas for next season with the evoloution of this team. He may use these next 2 games to try a couple of things.

Hopefully bell gets a start. Maybe put travis in the middle instead of evans.

Don't underestimate professional pride either. We've lost 1 in 33 games and are on a 14 or 15 game unbeaten streak. The players will want to finish the season with those still intact, as well as a League 1 title. Like you say, the pressure is totally off us, we're up and just chasing a bonus. Wigan on the other hand will feel us snapping at their heels and the pressure will be on for them to stay in first. Especially after gobshite's comments the other day. Not only set himself up to look foolish, but heaped pressure on his team to now not let it slip and come second. Bet TM was delighted, that's his next 2 team talks done for him.

Just now, BiggusMickus said:

Don't underestimate professional pride either. We've lost 1 in 33 games and are on a 14 or 15 game unbeaten streak. The players will want to finish the season with those still intact, as well as a League 1 title. Like you say, the pressure is totally off us, we're up and just chasing a bonus. Wigan on the other hand will feel us snapping at their heels and the pressure will be on for them to stay in first. Especially after gobshite's comments the other day. Not only set himself up to look foolish, but heaped pressure on his team to now not let it slip and come second. Bet TM was delighted, that's his next 2 team talks done for him.

Well said 

Archived