BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But if you quit your job you wouldn't be able to afford a season ticket...............would you? ?

paid it in full each season. I live well within my needs so save it monthly throughout the year, plus I have savings aswell. 

my job is well paid and very experience in my industry and my boss is big football fan, so I would just change a shift and work a different nightshift. done it a number of times over the past 12 months, there is no problem with me doing this. 

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You’d quit your job for a Tuesday night match against Ipswich?

You must be an in demand fella!

football come 1st Matty

Like I said before I wouldn't need to quit my job as my boss is big football fan and he allow us to switch a shift and working a different night

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Silly superfan post. If you lost your job tomorrow and it was a choice between feeding your kids and going to Rovers you'd still go to Rovers?

well firstly Blueboy, I will just reply this once cos you are on the ignore list but I still get notifications 

If I lost my job? very unlikely to happen as I am very experience at my job and have over 7 years of the industry which most of the staff don't have and I don't make many errors all year. 

Secondly, I paid for my season ticket in full so I don't pay monthly so I wouldn't have that problem. 

Thirdly, My missus lost her job a couple of weeks ago but she worked only part time and she kept most of that money for herself, as I have a good paid job and paid for majority of things and have savings aswell. I live within my means for many years. 

so don't start judging people or their circumstances or asking personal questions as it none of your concern.

You did say you’d quit your job, that’s why me and arbito picked up on it!

But as you have an understanding boss who lets you swap shifts, you’d never need to test out that rather bold statement.

You’re a big fan chaddy, we know that, so you don’t need to come out with silly statements.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

paid it in full each season. I live well within my needs so save it monthly throughout the year, plus I have savings aswell. 

my job is well paid and very experience in my industry and my boss is big football fan, so I would just change a shift and work a different nightshift. done it a number of times over the past 12 months, there is no problem with me doing this. 

football come 1st Matty

Like I said before I wouldn't need to quit my job as my boss is big football fan and he allow us to switch a shift and working a different night

It really really doesn’t.

38 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

We've got to understand that Rovers is also a business with football regulations and rightly or wrongly its up to the CEO to raise as much income as possible taking all things into account. Its his judgement. Having said that I know exactly how I feel when a cost goes up above the normal inflation rate especially when kids are involved.

COYB - we are going uP :rover:

The total revenue could be balanced out though. As several posters have intimated, double the fans at half the price would be the same cash in the door but the extra footfall would help on the pitch as well as sell more match day sundries.

We will be reaching the limits of some fans’ budgets and certainly will next season if the trend continues. We just have to hope the club have got this right. Personally I think they’ve just put an unnecessary cap on attendances and exploited loyal fans whilst chasing the floaters by marketing the team as being better.

In reality the team is the worst we’ve had for nearly 30 years. Even last season’s was better but we had that plant pot Coyle directing them.

Even the most ardent of supporters thinks we need 7/8 new players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

well firstly Blueboy, I will just reply this once cos you are on the ignore list but I still get notifications 

If I lost my job? very unlikely to happen as I am very experience at my job and have over 7 years of the industry which most of the staff don't have and I don't make many errors all year. 

Secondly, I paid for my season ticket in full so I don't pay monthly so I wouldn't have that problem. 

Thirdly, My missus lost her job a couple of weeks ago but she worked only part time and she kept most of that money for herself, as I have a good paid job and paid for majority of things and have savings aswell. I live within my means for many years. 

so don't start judging people or their circumstances or asking personal questions as it none of your concern.

You sure about that? I don’t get notifications when people on my ignore list quote me. I have to peek. ;) 

Blimey Chaddy you have told Blueboy not to ask personal questions then you tell us all that about your life.

• Like 1

Thing is chaddy,  for a lot of other people the choice is not that straightforward. I missed matches when I worked because I was contractually obliged to attend parents evenings, open evening, speech night and others. I couldn't have got out of them at all. I even went back into school for a speech night when I had a ticket for Rovers  away in Bradford once because I'd been off ill that day but everyone knew I was wanting to go to Rovers so I didn't dare stay at home. 

Cash is more of an issue for many families than it seems to be for you. Many couldn't afford luxuries like season tickets if they lost their jobs or even if they thought they might lose their jobs, because they'd want to put that money aside against the day they might need it. Life is far more complicated than I go to Rovers no matter what for most people. It's that way for you, but you are very fortunate that it is. For most of us its not. 

• Backroom

Wow, football comes first even if it means quitting work rather than missing a home match? 

We appreciate the point attempting to be made but that’s just a ludicrous statement, if it meant that much to you you’d be one of the boys and girls that go home and away each week surely?

I love Rovers, always have, always will but they aren’t a fraction as much of a priority as my family is. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I absolutely love Rovers, but make no mistake, if it was a choice between eating or going to Rovers, it would be the eating...

Clearly some think that live football is more important than sustenance...

8 hours ago, barry_ said:

Very disappointing to see that the DE is finished for home fans.

I've thought on this for a few hours since I heard the news and it really feels like an end to me buying a Season Ticket

When you add that to the ridiculous increase in prices, it's  like the idiots who are now running the club could care less about the fan base.

It's about time the DE was shut for home fans. There's been literally about 50 people in their for the last two seasons, pointless having it open really. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't judge you, i just asked a question. Try to read and understand posts properly. As for personal questions, it's a piblic forum. If you don't want to be asked hypothetical questions based on personal circumstances don't post nonsense about having 'no limits'

Secondly, it's amusing that you don't want asking personal questions but then you post a load of personal details relating to you and your family. FFS! Nobody cares.

Thirdly, i'll ask you what i like, as long as it doesn't breach forum rules.

Fourthly, keep pretending you have me on ignore. Its ace!

Just now, Tom said:

Wow, football comes first even if it means quitting work rather than missing a home match? 

We appreciate the point attempting to be made but that’s just a ludicrous statement, if it meant that much to you you’d be one of the boys and girls that go home and away each week surely?

I love Rovers, always have, always will but they aren’t a fraction as much of a priority as my family is

Precisely.

I think Chaddy has got carried away with his own fandom on this occasion. He has explained in the past that he has missed games when his wife was unwell. Quite right too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You did say you’d quit your job, that’s why me and arbito picked up on it!

But as you have an understanding boss who lets you swap shifts, you’d never need to test out that rather bold statement.

You’re a big fan chaddy, we know that, so you don’t need to come out with silly statements.

In my post earlier I explained that I have an understand boss. see post below

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

firstly, I do enjoyed your well balanced post and one of the post in recent times. even tho I disagree on certain points. 

back in the 90's(93-96) My family didn't have much money and I remember my dad asking me do I want a PlayStation and a game every month(£10-15) or go and watch a Blackburn Rovers football game every month and just one computer game per year(FIFA game), I choose the live football game, and any games I didn't go to I used to listen to Radio Lancashire every weekend or go to my Nan's to watch the game if it was on TV. I was hook on football straight away, I would a lot of kids are now. My Step Daughter loves going to the games and want a season ticket next season. 

I would always be at Rovers home league games even if it means quitting work or ringing in sick, But I very lucky that my boss is diehard Liverpool fan and understand my need to be at Rovers game. But I can completely understand a lot of people aren't lucky enough to have understanding boss like mine. 

4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Thing is chaddy,  for a lot of other people the choice is not that straightforward. I missed matches when I worked because I was contractually obliged to attend parents evenings, open evening, speech night and others. I couldn't have got out of them at all. I even went back into school for a speech night when I had a ticket for Rovers  away in Bradford once because I'd been off ill that day but everyone knew I was wanting to go to Rovers so I didn't dare stay at home. 

Cash is more of an issue for many families than it seems to be for you. Many couldn't afford luxuries like season tickets if they lost their jobs or even if they thought they might lose their jobs, because they'd want to put that money aside against the day they might need it. Life is far more complicated than I go to Rovers no matter what for most people. It's that way for you, but you are very fortunate that it is. For most of us its not. 

if you read my reply to your post earlier(posted above) I highlighted what it was like as I child during up in my early years of being a Rovers fan and my family not having much money. since 1996/97 season I have had a season ticket ever since then

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I love Rovers, always have, always will but they aren’t a fraction as much of a priority as my family is. 

I haven't done many away games this season due to me buying my 1st house with my girlfriend and I sacrifices away games to do work the house need redecorating, new furniture, etc

Next season I have said to my best friend who I go games with that I would like to do 6 or 7 away games

Just now, Stuart said:

Precisely.

I think Chaddy has got carried away with his own fandom on this occasion. He has explained in the past that he has missed games when his wife was unwell. Quite right too.

Stuart, She is my girlfriend for 5 years and I will ask her to marry me in Edinburgh on 1st of June. She doesn't know anything about it either. But she is practically my wife tho. but I remember your post about when I posted about her being ill and your concern was grateful and I thanks you for that

I missed a number of away games when she wasn't well but she forced me to go the home games. Since then we had been well and getting stronger day by day. 

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You sure about that? I don’t get notifications when people on my ignore list quote me. I have to peek. ;) 

yes I have a number of people on the ignore list and still get notifications. I have PM JB and Tom about it and JB said It can't be stopped is the short answer. Sorry! The PM was from 18th February 

if you read my reply to your post earlier(posted above) I highlighted what it was like as I child during up in my early years of being a Rovers fan and my family not having much money. since 1996/97 season I have had a season ticket ever since then

I haven't done many away games this season due to me buying my 1st house with my girlfriend and I sacrifices away games to do work the house need redecorating, new furniture, etc

Next season I have said to my best friend who I go games with that I would like to do 6 or 7 away games

Stuart, She is my girlfriend for 5 years and I will ask her to marry me in Edinburgh on 1st of June. She doesn't know anything about it either. But she is practically my wife tho. but I remember your post about when I posted about her being ill and your concern was grateful and I thanks you for that

I missed a number of away games when she wasn't well but she forced me to go the home games. Since then we had been well and getting stronger day by day. 

I hope she doesn't read this forum then. I think you need to stop posting until after the game mate.

Just now, arbitro said:

I hope she doesn't read this forum then. I think you need to stop posting until after the game mate.

she doesn't sadly 

why do I need to stop posting?

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Sometimes I think chaddy is Andrew Evans in disguise. Seriously pal. You don't half talk some contradicting shite sometimes. 

who is Andrew Evans?

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

New home?

football comes first!

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Congratulations, your secret’s safe with me! ?

And about 100 or so BRFCSers!! ?

All jokes aside, I’m pleased for you pal.

she doesn't sadly 

who is Andrew Evans?

Because, and don't take this the wrong way you are making a fool of yourself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

she doesn't sadly 

who is Andrew Evans?

I'd remove your posts about your future wife. It will only take 1 person to mention it on twitter and the cat is out of the bag. Lesson learnt tho - stop chattin sanctimonious superfan bollocks and then you won't have to justify tourself with even bigger nonsense.

• Like 2