BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

Chaddy we didn't have much cash either when our kids were little. 4 kids and one teachers salary don't add up to much, and we couldn't afford to buy a season ticket for each child. Our kids had to share one junior one. I'm not saying you can't afford it, just that for some people it's hard to commit to season tickets and price is a factor in that.  I worked out I'd be here and available for 10 games. Even at 35 pounds a ticket it's not worth my buying a season ticket. Will be cheaper from next season when I get to be 65!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

paid it in full each season. I live well within my needs so save it monthly throughout the year, plus I have savings aswell. 

my job is well paid and very experience in my industry and my boss is big football fan, so I would just change a shift and work a different nightshift. done it a number of times over the past 12 months, there is no problem with me doing this. 

football come 1st Matty

Like I said before I wouldn't need to quit my job as my boss is big football fan and he allow us to switch a shift and working a different night

Thats the point. You are saying you would give up your job etc, but you know you wouldnt have to, otherwise you wouldnt say it.

You are able to afford it, and you are able to stay where you are currently sat, therefore in your mind, there are no problems, anyone saying otherwise is just moaning for no reason, and you cant understand how others feel.

Price wise, I still think its pretty reasonable albeit its not ridiculously low like it used to be, but got no qualms over price, its the Darwen End issue for me thats annoyed me. But I understand others and their issues regarding prices. You seemingly dont.

Frustrating lack of empathy makes discussion with you more difficult than most.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

It's about time the DE was shut for home fans. There's been literally about 50 people in their for the last two seasons, pointless having it open really. 

Exaggerating the numbers to make it seem like theres less in there, but how would you like to be moved? Whys it pointless having it open if Rovers fans are happy where they are, and it offers fans there benefits such as unreserved seating unavailable elsewhere in the ground?

They will mainly move to the Jack Walker, seen discussion about it already to be near the away fans, I think il end up in the Blackburn End but regardless, the seamless move into everyone being together and a better atmosphere cannot be done as easily as the club seem to think.

It doesn't matter were people sit it's what they do that makes the atmosphere and sometimes the 200 in the DE are the only ones doing it whilst ten times plus in the opposite end are quiet unless the team is getting them up for it.

3 hours ago, Butty said:

It's about time the DE was shut for home fans. There's been literally about 50 people in their for the last two seasons, pointless having it open really. 

So maybe they should just shut all but the Jack walker and BBE lower next season? :blink:More coin for Bilaji's chest waxings.

Edited by Rover_Shaun

7 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

So maybe they should just shut all but the Jack walker and BBE lower next season? :blink:More coin for Bilaji's chest waxings.

Not having it pal. There's no point keeping the DE open and you and I both know it.

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Not true. Are you a politician?

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

It doesn't matter were people sit it's what they do that makes the atmosphere and sometimes the 200 in the DE are the only ones doing it whilst ten times plus in the opposite end are quiet unless the team is getting them up for it.

This is the correct viewpoint on the matter. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Butty said:

you're chatting chit.

Literally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barry_ said:

you're chatting chit.

Literally.

6 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Not true. Are you a politician?

Come on lads. Don't get me wrong it was a sight to behold seeing the Blackburn End and Darwen end both full of Rovers yesterday. When home fans were first put in there a few years ago now it was good as we had an atmosphere from both sides but over time it's as if the DE has gradually emptied and I think it's got to the point now where it's time to close it. Maybe look into reopening it again in the future but for now it's for the best to close it. Not sure why people are kicking up such a fuss over it. Bigger things to worry about than that :lol: 

On 05/05/2018 at 11:04, gumboots said:

For many people a season ticket does not represent good value either. If they live at a distance or their working hours mean that their attendance is, of necessity irregular, it's simply not worth buying a season ticket other than out of loyalty to the club i.e. I want to support them anyway and any money I overpay doesn't really matter. Making walk on tickets too expensive means that coming in from work and thinking "hey I'm back in time to get to Rovers in time for the match" won't be most peoples first thought.  I don't whinge about the cost of walk on tickets. If I wanted one I'd buy one and pay the price. But I can see that it's not encouraging young parents with all their other bills to meet, or people with incomes that just cover the bills but leave little for extras to just up and decide to attend because they like going to matches live but can't justify having a season ticket.  

If you Can't make it to every game then obviously it's always a bit  of a balancing act as to whether a season ticket or match by match is better value.

I'd guess that if you're going to miss no more than 3 or 4 games max out of a 23 game season most people would still see a ST as a worthwhile investment. Anything above that and it becomes a bit trickier. I bought a few tickets in the Riverside for a mate who is a lapsed ST holder after Christmas and with the £2 1875 Club discount the walk on price was usually either £18 or £20 depending on the category of game. At that rate and allowing for the occasional £10 offer I reckon you could get to at least 17 of the 23 games as a walk on for the cost of a season ticket.

When you work it out like that I'd say the differential between ST prices and walk on prices isn't actually wide enough. Season tickets should be cheaper relative to walk ins or vice versa. Either way though I Don't think a total annual cost not exceeding c£350 for an adult in most parts of the ground for your year's football is in any way unreasonable.

I guess we'll see from the sales figures whether the majority agree with me and chaddy on price or with Matt and MCM. I Don't know what the total sold first half of the season was last year but all things being equal I'd expect to see a substantial increase of at least 3k following promotion. If we Don't see that then I'd have to agree the Club haven't got the pricing strategy quite right.

Exactly Rev.

Waggott’s taken a gamble, sales don’t particularly increase them he’s thrown away a great chance to build up the crowd again whilst there’s goodwill around the club.

They do increase significantly and we’ve not only got more in the ground with all the benefits that brings, but also increased revenue, which helps with player budgets, not forgetting FFP and so on.

Lets see where we are in a couple of months.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Waggott is taking a small gamble on the price structure due to the love in for Mowbray and just popular he is with Rovers fans

You think a small gamble but for me it's a big gamble. Mowbray is undoubtedly popular but I would love to know his true feelings on a 17% increase given his working class, value for money background.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You think a small gamble but for me it's a big gamble. Mowbray is undoubtedly popular but I would love to know his true feelings on a 17% increase given his working class, value for money background.

50 pounds isn't a lot imo. less than a pound a week. 

I’ve never got why season/ match ticket prices aren’t related to people’s income. Prices around Ewood could work something like this:

£100-£15000+ above after tax

£150-£17000+ after tax 

£200- £19000+ after tax

£250- £21000+ after tax

£300- £23000+ after tax 

£350 (max price)-£25000+ after tax

I’m no cost of living expert, but surely it’s better taking into account people’s financial circumstance in a poor area like Blackburn with Darwen, than just charging like we currently do?

Just now, scotchrover said:

I’ve never got why season/ match ticket prices aren’t related to people’s income. Prices around Ewood could work something like this:

£100-£15000+ above after tax

£150-£17000+ after tax 

£200- £19000+ after tax

£250- £21000+ after tax

£300- £23000+ after tax 

£350 (max price)-£25000+ after tax

I’m no cost of living expert, but surely it’s better taking into account people’s financial circumstance in a poor area like Blackburn with Darwen, than just charging like we currently do?

How would you prove income? Dodgy payslips? A link up to tax office systems? What benefits would you include? 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

50 pounds isn't a lot imo. less than a pound a week. 

can i have £50 please.

It's less than a £1 a week.

It isn't a lot (in your opinion)

On 05/06/2018 at 00:26, Butty said:

Not having it pal. There's no point keeping the DE open and you and I both know it.

The logical conclusion to your way f thinking is..

What's the point of having a football team at all?

Owners are losing money.

The whole ground is empty.

The BBE has found its voice when we started becoming successful but for the most part the atmosphere is dead.

Close Ewood.

Pal

Edited by barry_
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, barry_ said:

The logical conclusion to your way f thinking is..

What's the point of having a football team at all?

Owners are losing money.

The whole ground is empty.

The BBE has found its voice when we started becoming successful but for the most part the atmosphere is dead.

Close Ewood.

Pal

Yeah that's exactly it mate close the lot and get Chaddy back on them Tuesday night night shifts :P