BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Grayson/Moyes for Preston.

Allardyce Stoke/Villa (whoever pulls the trigger 1st).  Followed by Pardew.

Lambert Ipswich.

I think Rowett and Bruce are the most in peril , not sure Big Sam would go into Championship but Villa could be persuasive !

The other 2 will get a bit more time , probably til November internationals ..

Bruce or Rowett could go today !

Villa would an ideal job for Dyche ..

58 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Grayson/Moyes for Preston.

Allardyce Stoke/Villa (whoever pulls the trigger 1st).  Followed by Pardew.

Lambert Ipswich.

Villa will go foriegn. 

Stoke fans dont want Rowett there. They should have gone for Potter before he went to Swansea. If I was them I would for Brentford Dean Smith. Would he leave Brentford for Stoke I dont know.

Would Moyes drop down to Championship? Why would Grayson go back after leaving? Plus not loads of money there. 

Ipswich, bigger problem is funds. Lambert? Cant see it. I think they should stick with Hurst for the season. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect Villa will go Foreign possible Carlos Carvalhal as head coach with a director of football in charge. Some of Villa backroom scouting staff were sacked this past week. 

Stoke is a possibly 

Didn't know where Ipswich go after Hurst if he was sack. Ipswich are trying to change a squad and style. it will take time so I hope he is given this

Preston job not big enough for McCarthy and I don't see Neil going anywhere yet

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Villa will go foriegn. 

Stoke fans dont want Rowett there. They should have gone for Potter before he went to Swansea. If I was them I would for Brentford Dean Smith. Would he leave Brentford for Stoke I dont know.

Would Moyes drop down to Championship? Why would Grayson go back after leaving? Plus not loads of money there. 

Ipswich, bigger problem is funds. Lambert? Cant see it. I think they should stick with Hurst for the season. 

Carvalhal is a crap manager. They should go for the best manager available and not solely pick based on nationality, although I am not sure how you know either way. No director of football either. Not sure who would be best for that job.

Dont see why Smith would go to Stoke. May be a job for McCarthy, plenty of experienced players but ones who seemingly cannot stop letting in goals.

Ipswich shouldnt have sacked McCarthy as many said and now they are paying the price. Ipswich spent a decent amount albeit selling a few too and its not working for them. Whilst I wouldnt sack Hirst yet, you cant just say give him the season, if he carries on losing games a point will come where they need a change to give them a chance of survival.

And anyone who gives Lambert a job again is asking for trouble, but the fans will never accept him anyway after his time at Norwich.

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Villa will go foriegn. 

Potter is hardly tearing it up at swansea

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Carvalhal is a crap manager. They should go for the best manager available and not solely pick based on nationality, although I am not sure how you know either way. No director of football either. Not sure who would be best for that job.

Dont see why Smith would go to Stoke. May be a job for McCarthy, plenty of experienced players but ones who seemingly cannot stop letting in goals.

Ipswich shouldnt have sacked McCarthy as many said and now they are paying the price. Ipswich spent a decent amount albeit selling a few too and its not working for them. Whilst I wouldnt sack Hurst yet, you cant just say give him the season, if he carries on losing games a point will come where they need a change to give them a chance of survival.

And anyone who gives Lambert a job again is asking for trouble, but the fans will never accept him anyway after his time at Norwich.

They are looking to appoint a director of football at Villa. Results are going one way. Bruce has never been popular with fans there. They werent happy yesterday after the game. I disagree on Carvalhal and that name is a mention by a good friend(Villa season ticket holder) to me yesterday after the game. 

Stoke problems go deeper than a manager there. That playing squad look like ours under Kean in the championship a few years ago. No team spirit and toughness like our current squad. I think it will 2 or 3 seasons before they get promote and I dont think they be top 6 this season if Rowett stays there for season. 

McCarthy wasnt sacked there but walked. His relationship with fans went down hill quickly the last year. Yes the problems with owner and funding. I wouldnt sack Hurst. If he keeps them up its job done there. 

They are looking to appoint a director of football at Villa. Results are going one way. Bruce has never been popular with fans there. They werent happy yesterday after the game. I disagree on Carvalhal and that name is a mention by a good friend(Villa season ticket holder) to me yesterday after the game. 

Stoke problems go deeper than a manager there. That playing squad look like ours under Kean in the championship a few years ago. No team spirit and toughness like our current squad. I think it will 2 or 3 seasons before they get promote and I dont think they be top 6 this season if Rowett stays there for season. 

McCarthy wasnt sacked there but walked. His relationship with fans went down hill quickly the last year. Yes the problems with owner and funding. I wouldnt sack Hurst. If he keeps them up its job done there. 

Understand Bruces job should be at risk but I disagree that Carvalhal would be a good appointment, hes a bit of a chancer. They shouldnt appoint a director of football, if they are going to make a change they should give whoever they appoint the license to sign who he wants in the window.

Agreed that Stoke have various problems but someone like McCarthy could come in and get the most out of what hes got, as he did at Ipswich.

I agree that Hirst shouldnt be sacked now but you cant just say give him the season and hell to the consequences. If its 2 months down the line and your looking ahead to December with no signs of improvement and at risk of being cut adrift, theyd need to make a change.

And on McCarthy, I wonder if them fans now realise what a big loss he is to them, and what a good job he did there.

And on Potter, hes having to do it that way due to a lack of money.

Huddersfield and Cardiff are in danger of being cut adrift. Think youd struggle to argue against the fact that the current bottom 3 are the 3 worst squads in the league.

Wagner did such a good job to get Huddersfield promoted, made some shrewd signings at Championship level, Ward, Mooy, Palmer and Brown all on loan and players like Lowe, Schindler and Kachunga who were signed for cheap using Wagners knowledge of the Bundesliga, and they played high intensity football and really impressed and surprised that season. They did have quite a few players already there who were important who knew English football so the clever foreign buys made for a perfect mix.

They did really well to stay up but I cant see them being so lucky this time out. I feel like Wagner has, with a lot of money spent, has wasted too much on random foreign players who have yet to show anything and I see them either 19th or 20th this season.

Warnock at Cardiff seems to have gone with the attitude of, we will struggle anyway, lets sign some top Championship players, people like Reid and Cunningham, we will give it a go and we go back down we will be ready for a quick attempt at getting back. Not sure its the wisest attitude but who knows. Outclassed by City but youd expect that.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Huddersfield and Cardiff are in danger of being cut adrift. Think youd struggle to argue against the fact that the current bottom 3 are the 3 worst squads in the league.

Wagner did such a good job to get Huddersfield promoted, made some shrewd signings at Championship level, Ward, Mooy, Palmer and Brown all on loan and players like Lowe, Schindler and Kachunga who were signed for cheap using Wagners knowledge of the Bundesliga, and they played high intensity football and really impressed and surprised that season. They did have quite a few players already there who were important who knew English football so the clever foreign buys made for a perfect mix.

They did really well to stay up but I cant see them being so lucky this time out. I feel like Wagner has, with a lot of money spent, has wasted too much on random foreign players who have yet to show anything and I see them either 19th or 20th this season.

Warnock at Cardiff seems to have gone with the attitude of, we will struggle anyway, lets sign some top Championship players, people like Reid and Cunningham, we will give it a go and we go back down we will be ready for a quick attempt at getting back. Not sure its the wisest attitude but who knows. Outclassed by City but youd expect that.

Speaking of players from the Bundesliga. Norwich signed a lad from Bundesliga 2 called Onel Hernandez. He’s impressed me more than anyone I’ve seen this season from highlights and games I’ve stumbled across. Think he’s bagged a couple and set up quite a few already this season. Looks a real player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Understand Bruces job should be at risk but I disagree that Carvalhal would be a good appointment, hes a bit of a chancer. They shouldnt appoint a director of football, if they are going to make a change they should give whoever they appoint the license to sign who he wants in the window.

Agreed that Stoke have various problems but someone like McCarthy could come in and get the most out of what hes got, as he did at Ipswich.

I agree that Hirst shouldnt be sacked now but you cant just say give him the season and hell to the consequences. If its 2 months down the line and your looking ahead to December with no signs of improvement and at risk of being cut adrift, theyd need to make a change.

And on McCarthy, I wonder if them fans now realise what a big loss he is to them, and what a good job he did there.

And on Potter, hes having to do it that way due to a lack of money.

They want a director of football there at Villa from what I've read yesterday and from my mate telling me. Like I said yesterday Carvalhal was a suggestion from mate. Also said Dean Smith from Brentford. Said he doesn't want a McCarthy or Allardyce type there. 

Stoke's problems for me are more squad wise and I'm not sure Rowett knows what style of play he wants to play. I think its will be next season before Stoke challenge for promotion. Not sure on McCarthy going there. 

Hurst should be given the season for me. They aren't adrift yet and yesterday they did keep their 1st clean sheet even they didn't win. Its a new manager with new ideas and new forward line, takes time just like it did with us. Not sure they get any better. 

On Potter, He would have know about that way before he join and took the challenge on. Good on him. Also think its the right way for Swansea to go. bring in young players either signings like Asoro or Mackay, or bringing players from academy. Been impressed by Potter so far. 

They want a director of football there at Villa from what I've read yesterday and from my mate telling me. Like I said yesterday Carvalhal was a suggestion from mate. Also said Dean Smith from Brentford. Said he doesn't want a McCarthy or Allardyce type there. 

Stoke's problems for me are more squad wise and I'm not sure Rowett knows what style of play he wants to play. I think its will be next season before Stoke challenge for promotion. Not sure on McCarthy going there. 

Hurst should be given the season for me. They aren't adrift yet and yesterday they did keep their 1st clean sheet even they didn't win. Its a new manager with new ideas and new forward line, takes time just like it did with us. Not sure they get any better. 

On Potter, He would have know about that way before he join and took the challenge on. Good on him. Also think its the right way for Swansea to go. bring in young players either signings like Asoro or Mackay, or bringing players from academy. Been impressed by Potter so far. 

I never said that Ipswich were adrift or that they should sack him already. I said a couple of months down the line, if they are not improving and in danger of being cut adrift, then I'm sure their supporters wouldnt be of the opinion of lets give him the season anyway. Its a hypothetical situation but my point was you cant say give a manager a season, regardless of progress/lack of progress, and just take the consequences.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Only two points from playoffs despite a tough run of fixtures - do any of you think we have it in us to flirt with them this year?

I think its very much an outside chance, similar to Wigan I would suggest, but we definitely should have half an eye on them.

The spine of the team is very settled and Mowbray has had not much shy of an 8 figure net spend in the summer to boost the team further, so of course expectations are higher than just to scrape enough points to get into 21st.

I think our final league position is as much of a mystery though in advance as it has been for a long while, following a season when we was heavy promotion favourites, 2 prior in which we always seemed destined to struggle, and before that when we always were much stronger contenders for the top 6.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said that Ipswich were adrift or that they should sack him already. I said a couple of months down the line, if they are not improving and in danger of being cut adrift, then I'm sure their supporters wouldnt be of the opinion of lets give him the season anyway. Its a hypothetical situation but my point was you cant say give a manager a season, regardless of progress/lack of progress, and just take the consequences.

I would give him the season. I see it as a project of having to overhaul the squad this season and kick on next season. I think Hurst will just keep them up. 

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Only two points from playoffs despite a tough run of fixtures - do any of you think we have it in us to flirt with them this year?

Yes I do. 

we have a team that work hard, team spirit is there, Mowbray has every players working hard and I don't see another team in this league with the team morale/togetherness we have. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would give him the season. I see it as a project of having to overhaul the squad this season and kick on next season. I think Hurst will just keep them up. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do. 

we have a team that work hard, team spirit is there, Mowbray has every players working hard and I don't see another team in this league with the team morale/togetherness we have. 

You'd make a very rare breed of chairman then if you would suggest that, regardless of hypothetical results, or even if the team wasnt improving, you would give a manager the season regardless. 

Nonsense. As much as I agree that the spirit here is there for all to see, I will give you Wigan as an example of another team with an incredible team spirit. I do think the togetherness at Rovers is a big strength but it certainly isnt unique.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You'd make a very rare breed of chairman then if you would suggest that, regardless of hypothetical results, or even if the team wasnt improving, you would give a manager the season regardless. 

Nonsense. As much as I agree that the spirit here is there for all to see, I will give you Wigan as an example of another team with an incredible team spirit. I do think the togetherness at Rovers is a big strength but it certainly isnt unique.

I dont think Wigan have the same. But both teams doing well and both took to this league. 

I think Hurst is trying to overhauling a squad and lack of money from owners make that very tough. Hurst remit from my view is to keep them up. 21st and its job done

I dont think Wigan have the same. But both teams doing well and both took to this league. 

I think Hurst is trying to overhauling a squad and lack of money from owners make that very tough. Hurst remit from my view is to keep them up. 21st and its job done

I am aware of the lack of money, although McCarthy had far less yet you had absolutely no time for, and expected him to play entertaining football as well as consistently keep them well away from danger. 

But youre missing my point. It was in regards to the inflexibility of your statement "Hurst should be given the season for me."

Its easy to say now, but its not as cut and dry as that. If at the end of November, they are bottom, 6 points from 21st, consistently leaking goals, no signs of improvident, then it would make no sense to blindly keep him. 

Im not saying that will be the case, its a totally hypothetical scenario. But its just to show that he will only get the full season if he shows enough to suggest that it would be the most sensible thing to do that. At the moment it is too early to know either way.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am aware of the lack of money, although McCarthy had far less yet you had absolutely no time for, and expected him to play entertaining football as well as consistently keep them well away from danger. 

But youre missing my point. It was in regards to the inflexibility of your statement "Hurst should be given the season for me."

Its easy to say now, but its not as cut and dry as that. If at the end of November, they are bottom, 6 points from 21st, consistently leaking goals, no signs of improvident, then it would make no sense to blindly keep him. 

Im not saying that will be the case, its a totally hypothetical scenario. But its just to show that he will only get the full season if he shows enough to suggest that it would be the most sensible thing to do that. At the moment it is too early to know either way.

Hurst had sold players to get money in. 

I said better football. McCarthy had some very decents players during his time there. But after being there so.long fans got bored of it. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Hurst seems to have basically transplanted his plans from Shrewsbury to Ipswich. Buy a bunch of league 1 players relatively cheap or on loan, and see if it's good enough. 

Obviously much bigger expectation at Ipswich though, especially as McCarthy had them finishing comfortably away from danger on the same budget 

Ipswich fans shot themselves in the foot with their disgusting treatment of McCarthy (including peadeophile chants) because they turned most of the players against them too. 

Much like Rovers fans 8 years ago, Ipswich fans want champagne football on a budget that would barely buy a big mac. Totally clueless. 

Probably why Ipswich appointed him and adapted that transfer policies. 

Didnt know about those sick chants. 

I believe you can play decent football on that budget. 

Totally agree @DE. I didnt know about them chants specifically but obviously its well publicised what the fans thought of McCarthy, and the ridiculous part is that he was criticised for occasionally giving a bit back!

@chaddyrovers who were these decent players who he could have played exciting, winning football with? How do you get bored of regular overachievement?

In his full seasons there, he finished 9th, 6th, 7th, 16th and 12th.

For a good few years, his only transfer buy was famously to replace Aaron Cresswell, buying Tyrone Mings for 10k from non-league who he then sold at a massive profit. He would have loved to spend the money that Hirst has been able to, after selling a few of cheap McCarthy signings in Garner, Webster and Waghorn that he was allowed towards the end of his tenure.

May I ask a question chaddy. The squad Hirst inherited you have described as one that is capable of playing decent football, and theyve only been out of the top half once in the last 5 years. They have added some players for decent fees, including Jon Nolan and Gwion Edwards, 2 players you repeatedly suggested as potential signings for Rovers during the summer. So why is 21st now a good achievement for them?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hurst had sold players to get money in. 

I said better football. McCarthy had some very decents players during his time there. But after being there so.long fans got bored of it. 

Probably why Ipswich appointed him and adapted that transfer policies. 

Didnt know about those sick chants. 

I believe you can play decent football on that budget. 

I don’t know if Hurst can though.

Thought it was a strange remedy anyway... correct me if I’m wrong because it might be my mind playing tricks -

But didn’t Shrewsbury do so well last season by being physical, direct and grinding out narrow, ugly victories?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

I don’t know if Hurst can though.

Thought it was a strange remedy anyway... correct me if I’m wrong because it might be my mind playing tricks -

But didn’t Shrewsbury do so well last season by being physical, direct and grinding out narrow, ugly victories?

Very good point. Majority of their wins were 1-0.

Practically got in someone who had a very good season, and theres nothing wrong with his style, but hes essentially a similar manager without the proven track record.

• Like 1