BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That is the key I think. Certainly not getting excited until if and when these deals happen.

It's exciting being linked with quality players, and seeing the team moving in a positive direction for the first time in ages, but I can't get my hopes up about these signings. Too much room to be disappointed. Amazing if we can get the deals done, or even 2 out of 3. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

He said the sticking point for Brereton is the clauses that Forest want put in.Freeman we have a bid in,McLaren doesn't want to lose him but others at the club could be open to cashing in.He said Charlton are currently asking for too much 

So Nixon has a reason for why all 3 of them may not happen, to cover his back :lol:

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Sign those three on loan with a view on Jan 1st and I’d argue it’s our best window for 10yrs. 

Yeah would be an excellent window if we were to get all 3.They won't  be loans with a view though...they will be binding,so if the player doesn't perform we are still committed to buy,but on the other hand if the player does brilliantly the price will already be set in stone and the selling club can't change their minds

Maybe Mowbray was telling the truth about keeping the owners feet on the ground and building slowly.

He maybe now sees this team could mount a serious challenge for promotion, esp with recent FFP judgements.

Whilst also signing players with resale value if we don’t get there. Bradley Dack is worth a fortune, as is Lenihan and Raya. If the money is there then it’s house money. Fill yer wellies Tony

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, roversfan99 said:

So Nixon has a reason for why all 3 of them may not happen, to cover his back :lol:

Yeah but to be fair it's common knowledge now that Mowbray is keen on the 3 of them.

In fairness I'm quite shocked that we are reportedly willing to spend 8 on Brereton and then another 4 or 5 on Freeman.I thought maybe 1 big money signing but never 2.

I want Iess talk and more action now though,realistically any new signing won't be involved Wednesday or Saturday.Be nice to get a couple in this week though give them chance to bed in 

Personally now it’s 8 million plus clauses I’d leave B.B. at Forest. He’s hardly kicking up a fuss to come, From what I see; he’s not very pacey, not natural when it comes to finishing. Big clubs have looked by stopped and not bidded which for me raises caution.

When Wickham was Ipswich you could see it in him but by the time left for 7 million to Sunderland he was the main man whereas B.B. can’t make a poor Forest bench.

Quite how Forest think a player they got 2/3 years ago for nowt after 60 games is worth 12 is beyond me.

Vydra went to Burnley after 26 goals for 10 million! Puts it into perspective. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'd be surprised, and weren't Boro interested in him too?

That said, if we had Dack, Freeman, Graham, Armstrong, Palmer and an 8m striker in Brereton, surely wed have to be targeting the play offs.

You see them all playing in the same team ? How many will be happy sitting on the bench ? Last time we played 2-3-5 I was still in short pants.

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I would leave the deal as well since forest are being greedy and messing about. £8m is too much of a risk on our budget and there must be better value elsewhere. Can't suggest any names off hand.

See, plenty on here saying about value elsewhere, but few suggestions. It gets  a bit boring. If you don't think the money would be well spent on; Freeman, Brearton and Bauer, please put forward an alternative. Not picking on you, you acknowledge you don't have alternatives. 

I think the telling thing is thay the fans of the clubs all 3 players play for, particularly Freeman and Brearton, are outraged at the thoughts of the players being sold to a team in the same division. That's a good sign. 

The fees this summer have been crazy, we have to join the party somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

See, plenty on here saying about value elsewhere, but few suggestions. It gets  a bit boring. If you don't think the money would be well spent on; Freeman, Brearton and Bauer, please put forward an alternative. Not picking on you, you acknowledge you don't have alternatives. 

I think the telling thing is thay the fans of the clubs all 3 players play for, particularly Freeman and Brearton, are outraged at the thoughts of the players being sold to a team in the same division. That's a good sign. 

There'd be people outraged on here if we were looking to sell for example Travis or Nyambe  for £3 million. Nobody wants to see home grown lads go to other clubs just as they break into the team, that's natural. Forest have plenty of dosh so they don't have to sell, in that case obviously the fans will be unimpressed. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You see them all playing in the same team ? How many will be happy sitting on the bench ? Last time we played 2-3-5 I was still in short pants.

Competition. We play 4 attackers. If they sign they will understand that their place isn't guaranteed. Whether they are happy or not is up to them performing and getting in the team then. 

I don't get the resistance from some fans to signing good players. Some fans always seem to find some problem, whether it's the fee or the position. Yet, when we aren't signing anyone, that too is, clearly, an issue. Also, if other teams sign players, they are the beers knees and we somehow missed out on them. 

I think it's a super positive time. 3 games unbeaten in the league. Bids going in for players who would improve us and offer serious competition. Players who the fans of their clubs, don't want to see leaving. When was the last time we signed a player like that? Dack and Bell probably,but at this level? 

If we get this business done, We are in for a very exciting season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There'd be people outraged on here if we were looking to sell for example Travis or Nyambe  for £3 million. Nobody wants to see home grown lads go to other clubs just as they break into the team, that's natural. Forest have plenty of dosh so they don't have to sell, in that case obviously the fans will be unimpressed. 

Ya, but no one was outraged when Lowe left, becuase he is rubbish. Home grown lads leaving only upsets fans if the players are quality. Karanka is risking upsetting forest fans with this deal. He could be gone by Xmas if they aren't going well. I think this is a calculated move by us. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fans arent professional scouts though, thats the thing. 

People are well entitled, as @K-Hod pointed out earlier, to point out potential concerns about spending what would be an equal record fee for a player, without having a series of alternatives under their arm.

Brereton is seemingly an exciting talent, pacy, highly rated, but there are also potential concerns, poor goal record, potential inability to play as a lone striker at the moment, nowhere near the Forest side, so his current ability is being questioned rather than his potential ability, not to mention that we are reported to have been messed about regarding the fee. If he was to sign, he would have to realistically have an impact from the get go due to the fee.

Freeman is a very talented player with a very impressive assist tally, but his natural position where he is played for QPR is as a 10, he isn't particularly quick so he would, like Palmer, need to fit in somewhere else, most likely wide. 

Baeur, thats a deal that, finance permitting, not many have said anything bad about.

You can query players and ask questions about them who are potentially being linked with signing for big, big fees, without having to have an in depth understanding of exactly who will be available for similar fees.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Competition. We play 4 attackers. If they sign they will understand that their place isn't guaranteed. Whether they are happy or not is up to them performing and getting in the team then. 

I don't get the resistance from some fans to signing good players. Some fans always seem to find some problem, whether it's the fee or the position. Yet, when we aren't signing anyone, that too is, clearly, an issue. Also, if other teams sign players, they are the beers knees and we somehow missed out on them. 

I think it's a super positive time. 3 games unbeaten in the league. Bids going in for players who would improve us and offer serious competition. Players who the fans of their clubs, don't want to see leaving. When was the last time we signed a player like that? Dack and Bell probably,but at this level? 

If we get this business done, We are in for a very exciting season. 

We dont. We play 3, as mentioned by Mowbray earlier in the week. Agree with fighting for a place.

Obviously not signing anyone is a big issue. But basically you are saying, be happy we are signing players, regardless of position, rather than allowing them to question whether they will be able to give us what we are missing.

Edited by roversfan99

13 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I would leave the deal as well since forest are being greedy and messing about. £8m is too much of a risk on our budget and there must be better value elsewhere. Can't suggest any names off hand.

What budget is that? I wasn’t aware that any of our fans actually knew what the budget was? 

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Oh wow...now we’re worrying that we may have TOO MUCH quality!? ??

• Like 1

I’d be banging on the door at Bristol City for Famara Dihedou. That lad last year looked something else, potential over a full year to get 20 goals.

Additionally now Fulham have bagged Vietto and Mitrivic I’d take Abou Kamara from them in a heartbeat.

Ideally the player I’ve wanted all year and mentioned him a good few times now is Umut Bozok.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Oh so it is my turn for the BRFCS point scoring game. Sorry but I can't be bothered to play. £8m is too much for someone so inexperienced when we are not backed by a super agent and a Chinese billionaire.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Fans arent professional scouts though, thats the thing. 

People are well entitled, as @K-Hod pointed out earlier, to point out potential concerns about spending what would be an equal record fee for a player, without having a series of alternatives under their arm.

Brereton is seemingly an exciting talent, pacy, highly rated, but there are also potential concerns, poor goal record, potential inability to play as a lone striker at the moment, nowhere near the Forest side, so his current ability is being questioned rather than his potential ability, not to mention that we are reported to have been messed about regarding the fee. If he was to sign, he would have to realistically have an impact from the get go due to the fee.

Freeman is a very talented player with a very impressive assist tally, but his natural position where he is played for QPR is as a 10, he isn't particularly quick so he would, like Palmer, need to fit in somewhere else, most likely wide. 

Baeur, thats a deal that, finance permitting, not many have said anything bad about.

You can query players and ask questions about them who are potentially being linked with signing for big, big fees, without having to have an in depth understanding of exactly who will be available for similar fees.

Ya, of course fans can have concerns. But if the have never seen the player play or cannot suggest an alternative in the same price range, I just find their input boring. I have even read some posters suggest conspiracy theories about the deal. That's silly. 

It's been mentioned many times before, Freeman has played most of his career left mid. So you aren't correct saying number 10 is his natural role. Most recent, yes, but natural, I wouldn't say that. He seems comfortable in both. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We dont. We play 3, as mentioned by Mowbray earlier in the week. Agree with fighting for a place.

Obviously not signing anyone is a big issue. But basically you are saying, be happy we are signing players, regardless of position, rather than allowing them to question whether they will be able to give us what we are missing.

Mowbray said 3.5. He said Dack is the . 5. I would see Dack as more of an attacker than defender or midfielder. 

No, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying if fans don't know anything about the player, how do they know what he gives us? You said Freeman is a natural number 10, that's not the case as he played most of his career on the left. 

My problem is I see a lot of players being signed/ approached with a view to signing and I don't see a pattern of play or a team structure emerging. We seem to be collecting No10's when just one really good central midfielder is also needed. I can see why we want a good back up centre half, no problem there. But having given Dack and Conway a new contracts, signed Palmer on a season long loan plus the other two attacking midfield players I can't see why we're looking at another one in Freeman.

Chaddy was banging on not long ago about how an influx of new players may affect the team morale and motivation. Now he's all for a " shopping trolley dash " of new players. What's changed ?

Years ago City were running away with the league. Looking to ensure they stayed on top for the run in they went out and signed Rodney Marsh. Marsh was a really brilliant individualistic player and on paper it was a great move. On grass by time they'd managed to incorporate Marsh into their team structure they'd lost  the lead at the top of the league and the title with it.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What budget is that? I wasn’t aware that any of our fans actually knew what the budget was? 

Oh wow...now we’re worrying that we may have TOO MUCH quality!? ??

They knew(thought) the budget was 500,000 at the beginng of the summer and then 4 million on deadline day after we bid for Freeman ? So, ya, as you say, no on really has a clue. 

I know it's gas some of the stuff people are coming out with about these bids/signings 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but no one was outraged when Lowe left, becuase he is rubbish. Home grown lads leaving only upsets fans if the players are quality. Karanka is risking upsetting forest fans with this deal. He could be gone by Xmas if they aren't going well. I think this is a calculated move by us. 

When you have to include Jason Lowe in your argument it's time to call it a day.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My problem is I see a lot of players being signed/ approached with a view to signing and I don't see a pattern of play or a team structure emerging. We seem to be collecting No10's when just one really good central midfielder is also needed. I can see why we want a good back up centre half, no problem there. But having given Dack and Conway a new contracts, signed Palmer on a season long loan plus the other two attacking midfield players I can't see why we're looking at another one in Freeman.

Chaddy was banging on not long ago about how an influx of new players may affect the team morale and motivation. Now he's all for a " shopping trolley dash " of new players. What's changed ?

Years ago City were running away with the league. Looking to ensure they stayed on top for the run in they went out and signed Rodney Marsh. Marsh was a really brilliant individualistic player and on paper it was a great move. On grass by time they'd managed to incorporate Marsh into their team structure they'd lost  the lead at the top of the league and the title with it.

Where are you getting trolley dash from though? We needed around 5 new signings and we are still trying to get the deals done. I don't think we just bed for these players when word got out in the media