BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

I think we will get Brereton, Forest clearly want to sell and now the player is aware that Forest don't want him and he won't be playing then surely he will also want to move on.

Forest are probably hoping the longer they leave it to be sensible about a fee the more likely we are to get desperate and pay a little more.

I think Freeman is the most unlikely even if QPR do decide to sell if Boro are interested they would probably pay higher wages than us .

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Enough people watched enough football on here and on the web there is enough sites with info on. I used transfermarkt a lot. gives you stats, games played, which position they played in and market value. 

Freeman can play in any other those position behind the main striker easy for me. 

We would have different options and give us more variation and different ways of playing. Bennett played the wide role perfectly yesterday. You need that type of player away from home. Mowbray wants options and competition for places signings those players would give us that

who? who? who?

For someone who has just claimed to watch a lot of football and read about stats on transfer market, surely you would know who the 3 players mentioned are? 2 of them both played first team football on a regular basis in the championship. 

• Like 1

I’m torn on this as I’m delighted that it appears we have money to improve the team. I’m a little concerned that we are looking like spending a huge amount for us on a 19 year old who’s been a good championship player but has hardly set the world alight.

disagree with Paul Mani and Chaddy (Shock), if he’s coming for £8m he’s going to expect a wage in line with what other £8m players are earning. He’s not going to come on £12k as he’s a young player as suggested by Paul, he’s going to be coming on a high wage.

Looking at the market I’m sure the £8m could be better spent on a more ‘finished’ article in the championship. A little nervy but I’d love to be proved wrong by the lad coming in and smashing 20 goals this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The consensus from forest fans is that we would be getting a good deal at 8 million. Plenty of them are perplexed that they are considering selling him. It's big money for us, but considering Liverpool and United were linked not too long ago, we may be pulling off serious coup here. 

Another exciting addition to our young team if we pull it off. 

How many have you spoken to?

4 minutes ago, Valois said:

For someone who has just claimed to watch a lot of football and read about stats on transfer market, surely you would know who the 3 players mentioned are? 2 of them both played first team football on a regular basis in the championship. 

I know who all 3 players were.

don't see what the hell you going on about pal. or is this cos I didn't suggest them is that your point? 

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I’m torn on this as I’m delighted that it appears we have money to improve the team. I’m a little concerned that we are looking like spending a huge amount for us on a 19 year old who’s been a good championship player but has hardly set the world alight.

disagree with Paul Mani and Chaddy (Shock), if he’s coming for £8m he’s going to expect a wage in line with what other £8m players are earning. He’s not going to come on £12k as he’s a young player as suggested by Paul, he’s going to be coming on a high wage.

Looking at the market I’m sure the £8m could be better spent on a more ‘finished’ article in the championship. A little nervy but I’d love to be proved wrong by the lad coming in and smashing 20 goals this season.

so you keep saying Ricky regarding but you really think he is going being on more than Dack or Mulgrew? No I don't. What I guess at I think is right

24 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

You’re secretly hoping that is the case aren’t you.

Good grief. 

I'll be the first to get excited if these deals get completed, but i just can't see it.

I think we'll get a couple of loans through before the end of the month, but expect it to be players that we haven't been linked with/would never have thought of as that seems to be our way at the moment.

Just because i don't see everything on here with a super positive outlook (we have been here before remember) doesnt mean i have some sort of weird agenda where i dont want good players to join or want us to fail or whatever.

Grow up.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know who all 3 players were.

don't see what the hell you going on about pal. or is this cos I didn't suggest them is that your point? 

Why say Who? Who? Who? Then claim to know all 3. I’m absolutely baffled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

What budget is that? I wasn’t aware that any of our fans actually knew what the budget was? 

Oh wow...now we’re worrying that we may have TOO MUCH quality!? ??

Well I'm assuming things as we have been scraping around signing the likes of Nathan delfonso last time we were in this division. We are still owned by venkys and can you trust them to provide a good budget or even a consistent train of thought?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you keep saying Ricky regarding but you really think he is going being on more than Dack or Mulgrew? No I don't. What I guess at I think is right

I think if we sign him for £8m he will be on a par with Dack and Mulgrew for wages. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Well I'm assuming things as we have been scraping around signing the likes of Nathan delfonso last time we were in this division. We are still owned by venkys and can you trust them to provide a good budget or even a consistent train of thought?

Maybe, just maybe, like us, Venkys trust Mowbray.  Thats why they are releasing funds. Would you trust Coyle et al with that amount of money? 

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Maybe, just maybe, like us, Venkys trust Mowbray.  Thats why they are releasing funds. Would you trust Coyle et al with that amount of money? 

Probably not. Maybe that's why they gave him practically nothing after selling the 2 best centre backs. Of course Mowbray's not spent enough yet to really make a full assessment. 

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Maybe it’s more of a trust in the structure, a boost in income because of the league and huge drop in costs in the last 12 months because of the player exodus?

If the Rao’s are keeping up the club running in a similar fashion to 2017/18 - there will be a 4/5million pound increase in turnover.

2 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Probably not. Maybe that's why they gave him practically nothing after selling the 2 best centre backs. Of course Mowbray's not spent enough yet to really make a full assessment. 

When we sold those players - didn’t we have a 150+ percent wage to turnover ratio?

Im not an expert but my overall take on this is that the Rao’s aren’t changing tact at all, they’ve simply allowed some actual expertise to run the club and after 12 months, they are seeing a reduction in the cost of covering the debt! (something they’ve done to the tune of 100+m) Hence a surplus to put in.

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

Maybe it’s more of a trust in the structure, a boost in income because of the league and huge drop in costs in the last 12 months because of the player exodus?

If the Rao’s are keeping up the club running in a similar fashion to 2017/18 - there will be a 4/5million pound increase in turnover.

When we sold those players - didn’t we have a 150+ percent wage to turnover ratio?

Im not an expert but my overall take on this is that the Rao’s aren’t changing tact at all, they’ve simply allowed some actual expertise to run the club and after 12 months, they are seeing a reduction in the cost of covering the debt! (something they’ve done to the tune of 100+m) Hence a surplus to put in.

If you look at Companies House it's not really seen much of a difference for a while now besides the 3-4 million they put in every so often. The debt is actually higher now than it is last summer though of course "debt" basically means whatever Venkys choose not to write off at this point. Sales wouldn't (and haven't) changed the debt balance but nothing significant there recently either.

Edited by Vinjay17

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Enough people watched enough football on here and on the web there is enough sites with info on. I used transfermarkt a lot. gives you stats, games played, which position they played in and market value. 

Freeman can play in any other those position behind the main striker easy for me. 

We would have different options and give us more variation and different ways of playing. Bennett played the wide role perfectly yesterday. You need that type of player away from home. Mowbray wants options and competition for places signings those players would give us that

who? who? who?

My main point, as I conveyed to @Bigdoggsteel is that you can debate the potential of a specific player signing, for example Brereton in this case, both positive and negative, in terms of the quality of player, the goal record of the player, how he is viewed at his current club in terms of both game time, and fan opinion, the role/best position of the player, and whether he would be a wise use based on the suggested fee for the players. You can do all of this, without losing faith in Mowbray, or without needing to have the scouting knowledge of a professional with a host of alternative names and how much they would cost.

That is the whole point of a transfer thread on a messageboard. If you choose to only focus on how brilliant everything is, then thats fine, but whether you like it or not, people will offer thoughts both positive (in Breretons case, his potential, his pace, his directness) and negative (his high price tag, his goal record, whether he can realistically come in and be our number 9 straight away) and you cant just throw your toys out of the pram everytime someone says something that doesnt fit your narrative that he is a perfect signing.

If you are choosing to miss that point then thats up to you.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I don’t trust Venkys but the FACT is that they’re currently £100m+ of their own money in to our club. So god knows what their budget is...

2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

We've got plenty of soldiers - like someone said Bennett falls into that category then there's the two hod carriers in central midfield, not to mention most of the defence.

In my view we've had far too many soldiers and far too few artists over the last few years and I'm excited to see that being addressed by Mowbray. 

I don't think we have enough soldiers. 

Raya -  Only a lad 

Nyambe - Ditto, but could become one in the fullness of time.

Lenihan - Definitely a soldier. 

Mulgrew - Soldier in spirit but if the body keeps telling you that you aren't it's hard to argue.

Bell - Too early to say.

Bennett - Yep, he 's a soldier.

Smallwood - He's been a soldier but currently on leave.

Evans -  Could be one if he got his mad up, doesn't do it often though.

Palmer - Mm he looks to be a lover not a fighter to me.

Armstrong - Not a soldier physically but could be one in terms of effort.

Dack - I think he likes a scrap so I'll say yes there.

Graham - Same as Charlie Boy, he likes the physical side but his body keeps telling him to behave.

One of the reasons we got relegated was we were too easily pushed around. We're better in that respect now but I'd like to see another couple of  guys who like the physical side of the game brought in.

Watching the young guy we'll all talking about , he's a bit willowy yet and he doesn't knock people about but he's not frightened of a meaty challenge and he does use his size quite well.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1