BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

• Moderation Lead

Querying equalling our record transfer fee on a 19 year old with loads of potential isn’t ‘writing him off’, it’s just common sense really.

Like any signing, Brereton would be a gamble, but it fits the mould of player that we need to sign in my view. 

If we got him, a striker and another wide player, I think we’d be set. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Interesting little element in Mowbray's interview that might reflect on what is going on with Brereton. He speaks of thinking he is getting close to doing a deal only for the club he is talking to, to ask for just a little bit more and keep pushing it. The impression it gives over the whole Brereton Nottingham Forest transfer is that it has taken a considerable period of time for the two clubs to agree on a lump sum fee to be paid at the end of the season, and since the transfer window closed a loan fee as well. Nottingham Forest are now seemingly pushing their luck by asking for sell-on fees and other payments to be made in the event of International games, promotion clauses and performance related bonuses.

It might reach a point soon where Mowbray decides to cut his losses and go onto his next target before we run out of time in the loan window.

It will probably see Mowbray avoiding Nottingham Forest as being a club to do business with in the future because of how they have dragged out negotiations.

There was a pause after he is asked about transfers being close which said to me we are currently so close and yet so far away...sounds tired and a little frustrated. Also feel like the “we will move on (from current targets)” was a shot across the bows of the selling clubs who are intent on eeking more and more money out of us. It was a very interesting interview.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There was a pause after he is asked about transfers being close which said to me we are currently so close and yet so far away...sounds tired and a little frustrated. Also feel like the “we will move on (from current targets)” was a shot across the bows of the selling clubs who are intent on eeking more and more money out of us. It was a very interesting interview.

We shouldn't be bothered if they eek more money out of us.  It's not our money anyway ?

It’s sounds like the Luke Freeman rumour is coming back around. Apparently will let him go for 3m now, surely that’s a good deal. Position of need at left wing, and another Championship teams best player. 

This Brereton deal is becoming a farce, would be delighted to see Venkys stump up the cash for an expensive transfer like this but you can’t help but feel there is better value out there. The Haaland kid at Molde for example, yes it’s alfs son, is poised to join Salzburg for 8ish, and by all accounts he is one of the biggest wonderkids in Europe with a proven goal scoring record.

Got another name to suggest. Dundee’s Steven Caulker has a Chequered past but also has an England cap. Rejuvenated his career at Dundee and there has been plenty of Championship interest. Only 26?still.

When we play the new kid on the block up front with Armstrong and with Dack just in behind the grafting teams will be dominating us in midfield be cause of sheer weight of numbers. 5 grafters will always dominate 3.  I'd love us go back to having three up front but that's not how football is played now. There's a reason for that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

12 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

It’s sounds like the Luke Freeman rumour is coming back around. Apparently will let him go for 3m now, surely that’s a good deal. Position of need at left wing, and another Championship teams best player. 

This Brereton deal is becoming a farce, would be delighted to see Venkys stump up the cash for an expensive transfer like this but you can’t help but feel there is better value out there. The Haaland kid at Molde for example, yes it’s alfs son, is poised to join Salzburg for 8ish, and by all accounts he is one of the biggest wonderkids in Europe with a proven goal scoring record.

Got another name to suggest. Dundee’s Steven Caulker has a Chequered past but also has an England cap. Rejuvenated his career at Dundee and there has been plenty of Championship interest. Only 26?still.

Is the Luke Freeman deal doing the rounds via Nixon this aft? If We do Freeman and Brereton on loans with a view I’d be very happy.

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Is the Luke Freeman deal doing the rounds via Nixon this aft? If We do Freeman and Brereton on loans with a view I’d be very happy.

Yeah think so. Ain’t many other gobshites reporting on Rovers.

Me too would be thrilled

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where did you see it mentioned?

He is a number 10 predominantly.

Just Nixon’s responses to Twitter questions today.

Ha that’s what people said about Palmer when he signed. Looks like he can play in various positions and be effective.

Edited by Fraserkirky

8 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Good point. I was thinking about Haaland when we appearantly bid 8 mill for Brereton regarding value for money. Haaland has just been confirmed to Red Bull Salzburg for a similar amount. Haaland is a beast at 1.92m with pace, strength and good touch. He's also also a year younger just turned 18. Score 9 in 16 in Norwegian top division this year, and just scored two this week when Molde wiped out Hibernian in Europe League.  He's not going to be long at Salzburg as most top clubs in Europe is keeping tabs on him. Would've been a perfect signing for us, but not sure he would've choosen the Championship.

Caulker is a good shout if his head is right.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Brereton,Freeman and Bauer are the 3 we have bids in for,all becoming permanent on Jan 1st.

That would be a dream window, I can't see us signing all of them, and seemingly from his interview yesterday, neither can Mowbray.

That would certainly have players like Samuel and Nuttall not even near the squad and surely being sold and loaned out respectively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'd be surprised, and weren't Boro interested in him too?

That said, if we had Dack, Freeman, Graham, Armstrong, Palmer and an 8m striker in Brereton, surely wed have to be targeting the play offs.

Undoubtedly. Though I’m pretty sure that the squad we have now would finish mid table-ish. With a couple of signings we’d have to be looking at being in and around the playoffs.

Just now, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Brereton,Freeman and Bauer are the 3 we have bids in for,all becoming permanent on Jan 1st.

So, about 11-13 million, depending on what the offers end up as. 

Jesus I would be ecstatic if we made those 3 signings. 

Sounds like we mean business. Still, one thing discussing it, another story pulling these deals off

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm scratching my head over Chapman.  If we are talking £8 mil for this 19 year old then surely anything under £1.5 mil for Chapman is a bargain.  Got  pace, can play either wing and pretty certain he could play the 10 role.  Seems the perfect player to recruit for what we are trying to do.  Injury risks potentially but just seems a strange player to completely ignore.   

To be fair, we don't know we aren't trying to get him. Their local journo did say a few Championship clubs were in for him and I'm guessing we're one of them. Everything fits with this one, pretty confident he'll end up with us. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, about 11-13 million, depending on what the offers end up as. 

Jesus I would be ecstatic if we made those 3 signings. 

Sounds like we mean business. Still, one thing discussing it, another story pulling these deals off

That is the key I think. Certainly not getting excited until if and when these deals happen.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That would be a dream window, I can't see us signing all of them, and seemingly from his interview yesterday, neither can Mowbray.

That would certainly have players like Samuel and Nuttall not even near the squad and surely being sold and loaned out respectively.

He said the sticking point for Brereton is the clauses that Forest want put in.Freeman we have a bid in,McLaren doesn't want to lose him but others at the club could be open to cashing in.He said Charlton are currently asking for too much 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Freeman one makes me uneasy and given QPR position I just don't see them selling their best player when struggling. I don't really look at those 3 signings and think it's money well spent particularly. I'm sensing a feeling that TM knows that Dacky is only realistically going to be here this season and that this is our best shot at promotion... Is therefore going for it. 

• Like 1