BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

16 hours ago, rigger said:

but it never really took off. I used to go in there, I did not find it a big problem to transfer to the Blackburn end. If you want your own section just gather in one area and claim it for yourselves ( I would still suggest on the Blackburn end would be best). Try to get some competition going between other areas. That is how home atmosphere is usually created.  

Wasn't the point of choosing the Darwen End  that they were close to the away fans and could get some atmosphere going between them?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

You cheeky f*cker, I haven’t got a discounted senior citizen ticket I pay full price.,

I think he meant "you" to mean "one" ODB., not referring to you specifically.

At least that's how I read it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

ODB we seem to have got off on the wrong foot here...you originally raised a theoretical example & I responded with a similar theoretical example where the age profiles were reversed. FWW I’m much closer to being an OAP than a beneficiary of a 25 y/o ticket...sadly...for many reasons ?

i was not intending in ANY way to be sarcastic so I’m sorry if it came across that way...??

Ok pal, fair enough. 

COYB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Again, great idea but that mostly encourages existing st holders, the point should be trying to attract more/new business

As an existing season ticket holder I don't EXPECT any perks or advantages. It seems to be the way of the world, entice new customers in with cheap deals whilst the loyalty of existing customers is ignored. "Brand new customers only" as the very funny Building Society ad went a few years back.

However in an ideal world,  it would be nice if loyalty could be rewarded. What if for example you got £25 off your ST up to a maximum of 4 years so that in the 5th year you got £100 off the price? Would that help build the fan base and keep them? I don't know if the figures stack up practically on that though, if you got 10,000 people doing that you're a cool 1m p.a. down after 4 years. It might reduce the rate of "natural churn" i.e. the rate at which people drop off slightly though.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As an existing season ticket holder I don't EXPECT any perks or advantages. It seems to be the way of the world, entice new customers in with cheap deals whilst the loyalty of existing customers is ignored. "Brand new customers only" as the very funny Building Society ad went a few years back.

However in an ideal world,  it would be nice if loyalty could be rewarded. What if for example you got £25 off your ST up to a maximum of 4 years so that in the 5th year you got £100 off the price? Would that help build the fan base and keep them? I don't know if the figures stack up practically on that though, if you got 10,000 people doing that you're a cool 1m p.a. down after 4 years. It might reduce the rate of "natural churn" i.e. the rate at which people drop off slightly though.

This sort of stuff keeps sales & marketing directors in jobs year after year...the secret is to offer an incentive that is low cost to the club but high value to the customer...so things like going in a draw for a player meet & greet, signed shirts, free children’s tickets, discount concourse food, programme subscriptions etc all could be candidates.

The more seasons you have a ticket, the more entries into the draw type of thing....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

This sort of stuff keeps sales & marketing directors in jobs year after year...the secret is to offer an incentive that is low cost to the club but high value to the customer...so things like going in a draw for a player meet & greet, signed shirts, free children’s tickets, discount concourse food, programme subscriptions etc all could be candidates.

The more seasons you have a ticket, the more entries into the draw type of thing....

While I realise you're offering examples I feel the club would need to be a lot more creative than this. I do find it very hard to think of any new idea but do like the suggestion of discounts for loyalty.

On an entirely selfish basis allowing ST holders out of the DE end car park ahead of away coaches would improve my matchday experience. We often wait 20-25 minutes to get out. I realise it's probably a police issue but I'd guess near 100% of those paying £200 for parking are ST holders. Perhaps the car parks at the BBE and DE should be disabled and ST only??

Edited by Paul

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

While I realise you're offering examples I feel the club would need to be a lot more creative than this. I do find it very hard to think of any new idea but do like the suggestion of discounts for loyalty.

On an entirely selfish basis allowing ST holders out of the DE end car park ahead of away coaches would improve my matchday experience. We often wait 20-25 minutes to get out. I realise it's probably a police issue but I'd guess near 100% of those paying £200 for parking are ST holders. Perhaps the car parks at the BBE and DE should be disabled and ST only??

No one initiative alone does the trick but the cumulative impact of a myriad of incremental ones might...I think this is what the club tried to find out when it did the surveys earlier this season. It is an ideal topic for crowdsourcing ideas...

It's great that Waggott has (finally) listened and has increased the age limit for cheaper ST's to 25. Unfortunately for middle-aged men and women they are already well represented at Ewood, it's young adults the club need to attract. Add in the different financial challenges (generally) for young adults and those in middle age and it's a common sense decision the club have made (It's also what most other clubs are doing because they also realise just how damaging it will be in the future if they ignore the demographics of their fanbase).

It's disappointing Waggott has again made no attempt to create and market a singing section. With allocated seating it's not as easy as it was back in the days of the terracing to casually stroll up to the area where the singers are and join in. I think he made some kind of promise when he kicked everyone out of the DE so it's disappointing he's once again not followed through (on his promise, not any other way)

Re the Direct Debit mentioned in the blurb - is that interest free? I only ask because Barnsley have started using V12 finance after the collapse of Zebra and V12 are charging 0% interest. Are we doing the same? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.?

On the subject of rewarding loyalty, Luton offer £50 off for ST holders of 5 consecutive years and £20-25 after two years. Again that is something the club need to introduce. Or, as mentioned elsewhere, a 5% discount after 2 years, 10 % after 5 and 15% after 10. 

Also the idea of money off beer and food with a ST. Bristol City offer 10%. 

It's a (very good) start from Waggott but a lot more is needed to be done to reward loyal ST holders. 

At least we have gone beyond the ignorance of last season with the 'Are you committed' nonsense and Waggott flapping his gums about 'Are Rovers a big club?' just because we didn't sell more last summer. 

Steady progress...but a few missed opportunities. 

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:41, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/new-finance-provider-confirmed/

Barnsley have just announced financial firm V12 to replace Zebra. 

0% finance on 10 monthly instalments. 

“Following the untimely news regarding Zebra Finance, there has been a real focus ensuring that supporters are given a flexible payment option for the 2019/20 season.

“The deal we could establish at this late stage was 10 monthly payments on 0% interest. To keep costs at a minimum for supporters, all additional fees and charges have been absorbed by the Football Club. ”

@Herbie6590 If V12 are doing ours will Rovers absorb the costs like Barnsley have. I'm guessing Rovers haven't announced it yet if no-one knows. 

It's worth noting this could be a "continuous payment authority" rather than a direct debit.

To check this if you're asked for your long card number it's a CPA if asked for bank account details it's a DD. Anyone using a credit card will be signing up for a CPA as this is the only way to make regular payments from a CC.

It's much harder to cancel a CPA and it gives the company the authority to take whatever it wants whenever it wants. This one auto-renews each year.

I may be wrong but that is how it looks to me.

Edited by Paul

On 05/05/2019 at 00:25, 47er said:

Wasn't the point of choosing the Darwen End  that they were close to the away fans and could get some atmosphere going between them?

One of the main problems was that the Rovers fans had to cross with any away fans after the match, this led to quite a few scuffles. If the Rovers fans had been on the Jack Walker side of the Darwen end, and the away fans on the riverside, side, the problem would have been avoided. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Earlier in the season away fans were in the Riverside half of the bottom tier anyway...

I was talking about last season and reasons why the Rovers fans may have had to have been moved out of the Darwen end

Just now, rigger said:

One of the main problems was that the Rovers fans had to cross with any away fans after the match, this led to quite a few scuffles. If the Rovers fans had been on the Jack Walker side of the Darwen end, and the away fans on the riverside, side, the problem would have been avoided. 

I'd imagine that would have made absolutely no difference. It would still have meant home fans and away fans mingling at the back of the DE. 

The only way to avoid trouble would have been to hold the away fans back. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'd imagine that would have made absolutely no difference. It would still have meant home fans and away fans mingling at the back of the DE. 

The only way to avoid trouble would have been to hold the away fans back. 

The rovers fans could have been directed straight onto Bolton road The away fans directly to the coach park, no need for the fans to cross over

My point being, if away fans started this season in the bottom tier Riverside half, that left the JW side empty for Rovers fans. 

It was a cost saving measure, or Waggott really was daft enough to think half of the second division was going to be bringing 6,000 away fans.

Though considering they are now opening both tiers of it every game (bottom tier for disabled away fans), I’m not sure what’s going on.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I was talking about last season and reasons why the Rovers fans may have had to have been moved out of the Darwen end

I've been exiting the JWL through the disabled gate in the corner with the DE for several seasons. We walk through away fans to the central car park gate. Other than a few 16 year olds squaring up to large policemen I've not seen any trouble. I accept it may happen but I've yet to see any.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

My point being, if away fans started this season in the bottom tier Riverside half, that left the JW side empty for Rovers fans. 

It was a cost saving measure, or Waggott really was daft enough to think half of the second division was going to be bringing 6,000 away fans.

Though considering they are now opening both tiers of it every game (bottom tier for disabled away fans), I’m not sure what’s going on.

I always feel sorry for those disabled fans. It can't be much fun isolated from the bulk of their fellow travelers. I don't think I've seen this anywhere else. It's almost discriminatory.

• Like 2