BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Im doing a massive u-turn since the poll purly as I have lost all faith he has the tactical nous to get the best out of some very average players he has assembled and tied to long deals. Throw in his piss poor record in the transfer market and refusal to spend money (if it was ever available), the mismanagement of players, poor coaching staff and negative uninspired home performances, playing 8 defenders, with square peg in round holes and I've snapped. He isn't going to get rovers challenging anywhere near the right end of the table. Thanks Tony and goodbye surrender monkey

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

His team can't defend. His team doesn't create chances. His team is dull. His team can't buy a win. He never takes responsibility. His recruitment is shit.

And we are supposed to believe it will get better next season?

@#/?.

In the game of hangman:-

MOWBRAY OU_

Yes. This is spot on. Thing is other than being a decent bloke, and recent interviews suggest that is waneing, what does TM offer. Bowyer was pretty limited too but at least he could spot a player to sign. 

This season we seem to be regressing week after week and I cannot think of many grounds for optimism. Add in the problems from the last 2 years - going down and struggling to adjust to this division- and there seems a lot more bad than good. 

Granted he got us promoted and had a tough deal the season before but we deservedly are in the rut we are in and have seen a myriad of mistakes. Worst of all it seems to be getting worse and I'm reminded of Souness loosing the plot. Despite all his great stuff for us by the end Souness had lost it to the point it was unrecoverable. Same has happened here imo. It doesn't undo the positives TM has brought but the reality of needing a change is the same. 

• Like 3

I’d love jokanovic or Wagner but I fear with our collapse and owners they wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole.

thinking Hughes or strachan may be more our market, both of which I’d take over monotony.

i fear that we are stuck with him. Least I can say I was one of the few that said sack at the start of the pole, the signs have been there if you looked hard enough. This collapse does not surprise me 

Thing is if you make the change now it's a good time to do so not just because we're bobbins but because we're still super unlikely to go down. It'd give the new manager a few "free" months to do an assessment of what is going on. However I likewise think we won't make a change. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

Thing is if you make the change now it's a good time to do so not just because we're bobbins but because we're still super unlikely to go down. It'd give the new manager a few "free" months to do an assessment of what is going on. However I likewise think we won't make a change. 

No, he will be here til October or November when he will be sacked. It's very predictable I think. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yes apart from moyes who is a sinking ship of a manager much like mowbray. I’d replace him with Rowett and strachan for 6

I think some managers work well at certain clubs. I think moyes would do well for rovers and he's a far better manager than Tony but I would add rowett and strachan to, good shouts

• Like 1