BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, OnePhilT said:

What about Alex Neil? He's a good 'un, and if you said to him "Alright, here's £20m to spend", I'm fairly certain he'd go for it. That's something Preston could never offer him, but I reckon Venkys have it in 'em.

I was thinking this earlier. Would be worth a punt even if it only mildly unsettled that lot

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Some bloke called Bowyer did well at Blackpool before walking out on them.

He also couldn't get a team with Rhodes, Gestede and 40 odd goals in them both promoted , even with an excellent supporting cast. 

He also thought Steele, Lowe and Brown were footballers. Higher standards needed. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

He also couldn't get a team with Rhodes, Gestede and 40 odd goals in them both promoted , even with an excellent supporting cast. 

He also thought Steele, Lowe and Brown were footballers. Higher standards needed. 

Who bought Gestede and the excellent supporting cast?

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

What about Alex Neil? He's a good 'un, and if you said to him "Alright, here's £20m to spend", I'm fairly certain he'd go for it. That's something Preston could never offer him, but I reckon Venkys have it in 'em.

Again not happening, he wouldn’t leave there to come here. As previously said there is a plethora of good out of work managers at the moment that we don’t need to be paying compensation costs for. 

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Bowyer would have relegated us. The team that got him sacked were playing just as badly as this lot are now.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He was. And manager. 

He did a lot better than the much-heralded Lambert that the likes of you and a quite few other were getting excited about.  

Signing players is only half the battle. Bowyer had a good eye, although I wonder how much of that was his dad's doing. Either, way, he was too drab, unadventurous and chummy with the players to push us on. 

Lambert was an exciting prospect at the time. An actual manager with success at this level. The fact his career has nosedived since then doesn't change that fact.

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Again not happening, he wouldn’t leave there to come here. As previously said there is a plethora of good out of work managers at the moment that we don’t need to be paying compensation costs for. 

Double his wages and give him a decent budget and he'd be here like a shot.

Just now, Amo said:

Signing players is only half the battle. Bowyer had a good eye, although I wonder how much of that was his dad's doing. Either, way, he was too drab, unadventurous and chummy with the players to push us on. 

Lambert was an exciting prospect at the time. An actual manager with success at this level. The fact his career has nosedived since then doesn't change that fact.

LOL. Exciting? He was a busted flush whose only success had come 10 years previously. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

LOL. Exciting? He was a busted flush whose only success had come 10 years previously. 

He got Norwich promoted in 2011, kept them up the following season.

I take it maths isn't your strong suit?

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who bought Gestede and the excellent supporting cast?

I'm happy to acknowledge Bowyer's skill at getting good players. Getting the best out of them was another matter and one he didn't achieve. 

Not sure you can have him as a brilliant spotter of talent without acknowledging he didn't do enough with it. Either the players he got weren't so brilliant or he wasn't so great as getting a tune out of them. 

Incidentally Bowyer had his blind spots. Shoehorning Lowe into the team, Brown replacing Gestede for some games. I'm no fan of TM as a manager but don't think Bowyer is the answer.

• Like 1

Mowbrays loyalty to last year's team is going to end up getting him the sack. I think a defeat against Wigan and even his buddy Waggott will have to be asking questions. 

The players should be ashamed of themselves. All their talk about how good a manager he is and then they churn out repeated shit performances. 

Losing both home and away to PNE and Wigan is really, really pathetic. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Amo said:

Bowyer's mate Tommy Johnson spotted the players he brought in.